shape
carat
color
clarity

The Book Game

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone just passed this on to me on Facebook, and I thought I'd share!

Here's the game: Grab the book nearest you. Right now. • Turn to page 56. • Find the fifth sentence. • Post that sentence. • Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST book.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The book I am currently reading is hilarious. Here''s my Page 56, line 5:

His book has a section called "The Truth About Why I Am Writing This Book", where he says "I want to become famous....I want to get rich.....I want to be like Jesus."

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my book cases is a few feet from me and the quote is from a book that is the closest by 1".

"Or perhaps you have been struggling along without a resume and simply filling out application forms, but have finally made the commitment to do it right this time."

lol - from Resumes that Knock 'em Dead

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m currently reading the 4th Harry Potter book, Goblet of Fire (I got the set for Christmas!
3.gif
)

Page 56, sentence 5, spoken by Ron Weasley:
"Front page of the Daily Prophet, I expect, caldron leaks."

Haha, that was a very appropriately Harry Potter sentence.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
"However, it turns out that controlling for first-year grades only modestly reduces the disparity in six-year graduation rates between the top and bottom income quartiles, from 8 to 6 percentage points at the flagships and from 11 to 9 points at the state system SEL Bs (Appendix Table 3.9)."

That''s what I get to go back to after lunch. Jealous, much?

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif

"In general, blind pool partnerships do not perform better or worse than specified pool partnerships."

14.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 2:33:33 PM
Author: katamari
''However, it turns out that controlling for first-year grades only modestly reduces the disparity in six-year graduation rates between the top and bottom income quartiles, from 8 to 6 percentage points at the flagships and from 11 to 9 points at the state system SEL Bs (Appendix Table 3.9).''

That''s what I get to go back to after lunch. Jealous, much?
Oh, fascinating. I sense a bunch of all-nighters on that one
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
"They provide the opportunity to test our presuppositions about what we think will work against the evidence of what actually works."

- Chapter on Tips and Takeaways from Instructional Rounds in Education - A Network Approach to Improving Teaching and Learning

9.gif
Fun stuff huh?!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Nothing could stop the huntress of the diminutative plains.

The book is "I was told there''d be cake" essays by Sloan Crosley

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m at work
3.gif

"For exemple, you might want to have your salesperson number be something easy"
Book: Accounts Receivable User Guide"
37.gif

É

étoile

"The sugar in the RNA nucleotide is the pentose ribose, and RNA contains the pyrimidine base uracil (U) instead of thymine."

Lol, DNA was never my fav. thing to learn about.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
"The Mexicans will be deported across the border; the OTM's-Othan than Mexicans- will be deported after a hearing."

ETA:
Book: Dale Brown, Edge of Battle

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just picked up a Paul Newman bio this morn at the library.

"But the simplest explanation, if also the most conventional, is best; they were in love, and they could imagine staying together and being in love together for the rest of their lives."

Awww.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The last trade price was $3.60, meaning that an option to purchase one share of IBM at an exercise price of $80 sold for $3.60.

I''m at work. My only books are finance/investment books.

LOL
emdgust.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Fun! Mine is:

Green wrote, "He said my dogs were O.K. but didn''t tell me he had changed his own [i.e., dug up and moved them].

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
"It was hard to get the full story out of him in a coherent flow, because he was so furious, but I gathered he had thrown many items from his pack over a cliff in a temper."

Bill Bryson-A Walk in the Woods.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The Parol Evidence Rule also would not prevent either of us from offering evidence relating to a collateral matter."

From The Compact Guide to Contract Law, by Jefferson Hane Weaver. (Sorry it was such a boring one . . . I''m a paralegal, and I''m at work.)
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

".....especially if those interactions are consistent and with the same person. In the case of..."

cheers--Sharon

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 3:35:45 PM
Author: radiantquest
''It was hard to get the full story out of him in a coherent flow, because he was so furious, but I gathered he had thrown many items from his pack over a cliff in a temper.''

I chuckled at this one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 3:20:34 PM
Author: étoile
''The sugar in the RNA nucleotide is the pentose ribose, and RNA contains the pyrimidine base uracil (U) instead of thymine.''

Are you sure it isn''t a purine????
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 3:51:40 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 1/12/2010 3:35:45 PM
Author: radiantquest
''It was hard to get the full story out of him in a coherent flow, because he was so furious, but I gathered he had thrown many items from his pack over a cliff in a temper.''

I chuckled at this one!
That book made me laugh more than once.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
"An internal study undertaken at Hewlett-Packard using the NewProd methodology identified ten distinguishing factors of successful new product projects:"

From Winning at New Products: Accelerating the process from idea to launch

24.gif

É

étoile

Date: 1/12/2010 3:55:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal

''The sugar in the RNA nucleotide is the pentose ribose, and RNA contains the pyrimidine base uracil (U) instead of thymine.''

3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
I can''t believe I actually remember any of that! I get the Charlie Brown teacher voice when I read this over.
1.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
This is fun. DHs book is closest.

"Unless you actually LIKE pain, in which case the physical abuse becomes a defendable form of medical research: your honor, by smacking my son several times over the course of the last three weeks I was able to discover that he is, in fact, some kind of pain freak."

Why We Suck

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 3:55:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal

3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
Honey, you can''t mix your purines with your pyramidines or your hydrogen bonding will go kaput!
3.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"True enough."

from Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 3:34:45 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
Fun:

''The thought made my blood run cold.''

The book is Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
OMG I love you! Mine is a Kenyon book as well!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t cleaned out the wedding books from under my coffee table...who cares that my wedding was over 3 months ago.

From "the knots complete guide to weddings in the real world"-
"Many of your crew may not be invited to your parent hosted soiree, for lack of space or the fact that your mom and dad don''t know them well, but you want to make them feel a part of your marriage not only from the start but before it."

My parents were supposed to host an engagement soiree for me? Crap.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
In 2001, in the hours following the horrifying events of September 11, the field of Noetic Science made a quantum leap forward.- Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results