shape
carat
color
clarity

The Blue Topaz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of the ering I was talking about in a previous post. It was my great grandma''s ering (about 100 years old) and was told it may be a blue topaz. I love the ring, but it is chipped in two corners. Can it be recut?

Jewelry1.jpg

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Another angle....

jewr3.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if it''s my monitor or what, but that looks like and aquamarine to me. It may just be my monitor.
20.gif
As far as a recut, I bet an expert would have to look at it to know for sure. Sorry I can''t be more help.

shay

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know the answers to your questions, but it is BEAUTIFUL!!! More pictures please?
1.gif

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I agree it looks like an aqua -which was very popular as an e-ring around that time.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Sorry ladies! I haven''t been ignoring you. I was gone all weekend! I will post more photos when I get home! Thanks for the input.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely and I agree with the others, looks like an aquamarine to me. The corners could be polished perhaps??

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
my grandmother had a very similar one and it was an aquamarine..

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous, and looks aquamarine to me as well. You''re so lucky to have such a treasure passed down to you!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring! It looks like aquamarine to me too. I love aquamarines, and whether it''s an aqua or topaz, it is a beautiful color.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
What history that ring has! Beautiful, elegant! I hope someone on here can tell you more about it.
1.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Whether it''s aquamarine or topaz it''s beautiful. The setting is simply amazing. What a wonderful ring to own. I hope you can get the chips polished out. Treasure it, it''s really lovely.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I''d vote aquamarine too, but regardless, it''s gorgeous! I love the EC & the lovely setting. (not to mention the sentimental value) What a treasure!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I vote auqu too.. but it is quite pretty and a nice vintage ring!!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!

I just got a blue topaz ring that is a similar color, but I wish it was a real aquamarine because aquamarines are more valuable.

I bet yours is an aquamarine though, because in your grandmother''s time they may not have been able to treat a blue topaz to make it look like an aquamarine. If it is an aquamarine, it sure would be worth a bundle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results