shape
carat
color
clarity

The best of both possible worlds - diamond from Paul Antwerp in an authentic Cartier solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loengard

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Just to share my excitement: I''m receiving today my engagement ring. It was an amazing and lengthy oddesey (what''s the spelling exactly?) to get to this stage, but I hope that the result will turn out superb.

As some of you know, I bought my diamond from Paul Antwerp, the famous gentleman from Antwerp: a 1.25 H VS2, super ideally cut like all of his Infinity Diamonds.

Then a long search for the perfect setting began. I wanted a Cartier style setting, but didn''t find anywhere a real decent copy, nor any other style that I really liked for such an important event. So I ended up thinking ''hey what''s there to lose'' and went to the Cartier store itself.

There started a month-long negotiation! As most of you are aware, they as a a general rule never place loose diamonds that are not their own in a Cartier settling. However, I insisted to deal straight with Cartier Paris (I live in Brussels myself) and talked to some people there who are quite knowledgeable. After talking with them for quite some time and faxing them my AGS certificate they finally agreed that the quality of the diamond was at least equal to theirs. Then a long waiting period of two and a half months began: Cartier takes this long as all their setting are separately and customly made. And now I just received a call that the ring is ready for taking home - can you imagine my excitement?

I know there are quite some negative messages on this board re: Cartier and Tiffany, but it''s really worth trying just getting their setting and placing your own ideally cut diamond you purchased over the internet. And for me it was important to get ''the best possible'', as no diamond ring can ever match the splendor of the love I feel for my soon to be fiance (that sounds strange and exciting!
emsmile.gif
).

I''ll post some pics as soon as I get the digital camera to work!

Best to you all,
Peter

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful. Good for you-
I''m glad you stuck with it and insisted on the Cartier setting.
I can''t wait to see it.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That''s wonderful that Cartier agreed to set your diamond - you must be a convincing fellow!! It sounds like it''s going to be an absolutely gorgeous ring
36.gif
can''t wait to see the end result!!
3.gif
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Good for you! It pays off to be persistent!

cheers

Sharon
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait for the pictures! I loooove the classic Cartier ring and would take it over 100 Tiffany rings anyday!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
The ring will be absolutely beautiful! Did you get a 4 or 6 prong? I love their six prong setting.
3.gif

Congrats!
Luv

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your very kind words.

Like all here, I am looking forward to see some pics of this unique ring, combining a Venus-by-Infinity with an original Cartier setting. Maybe, in fifty years from now, it will have the extra value of a collector''s item
emsmile.gif

Let me also congratulate you with your sense of planning and your patience. It helped you create a unique, and probably magnificent, jewel.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results