shape
carat
color
clarity

The Best Cut for a Fancy Yellow Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cool_rock

Rough_Rock
What would be the best cutting style that would complement a Fancy Yellow Diamond of 1 caret?

I know that this can be quite subjective, but I would like to know the subjective opinions out there as well as (if there is one) objective information on what would be the cut that should brings out the best out of a fancy yellow (Not orange) diamond.

Thanks in advance... (Keep those opinions coming!
28.gif
)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2009 12:29:40 AM
Author:Anonymous Wrote:
What would be the best cutting style that would complement a Fancy Yellow Diamond of 1 caret?

I know that this can be quite subjective, but I would like to know the subjective opinions out there as well as (if there is one) objective information on what would be the cut that should brings out the best out of a fancy yellow (Not orange) diamond.

Thanks in advance... (Keep those opinions coming!
28.gif
)
I had heard that radiants were the best for fancy yellows, but you might get better responses if you post this question in RockyTalky.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you browse those lists of famous diamonds, you''ll see that many yellows (and there are a lot of yellows among those famous diamonds) are cut into cushions and princess cuts - not by a chance. Those cuts are quite deep and help make the color look richer, more saturated. They''re also not too briliant so their sparkle and scintillation won''t wash out too much of the color, as it could be the case with some other cuts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Radiants brings out the colour best as it is suited to concentrate the colour better than other shapes. This applies to almost all the various colours of diamonds. That said, it does not mean that a different shaped diamond will not have colour comparable to a radiant cut coloured diamond.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Whenever I look through DBL, I always see many radiants and several cushions. I heard there were certain cuts that enhanced colored diamonds, but I didn''t know the explanation - thank you ma re. I wonder why they don''t do more asschers? Those are deep and not too sparkly (and my dream rock).
18.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Honey228, I think reasons why they don''t do more asschers are; a) crystal needs to be very clean for an asscher, b) asschers are specialty cuts and maybe not many cutters know how to do it properly, c) they''re not among the classic diamond cuts, so there''s not enough demand for them. Those at least might be some of the reasons, but who knows...

Zaphod

Rough_Rock
Good Old Gold seems to be able to source some very nice asschers, it may be worth it to contact them to see what they could do for you. My experience with them as been very good. The worst they could tell you is no.

Good luck in your search. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays whichever suits your situation.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results