shape
carat
color
clarity

the beginning of a love affair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
There used to be a day when pearls did nothing for me. That time is definitely over! I bought myself a strand of 7-8 mm white freshadamas to celebrate getting a new job about a year and a half ago, and soon after come a 7-8 mm strand of multicolour freshadamas. This May I picked up a baroque Tahitian strand during Pearl Paradise''s mothers day sale and most recently bought their baroque blue akoyas. I love the blue akoyas so much I think I''m going to get a bracelet made so I can stare at them all day.

And now for what everyone really wants
1.gif

multijumblesmall.jpg

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
This picture is a bit blurry, but it shows the colours well against my (very pale) skin

alisminicollectionsmall.jpg

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
A shot with the blue akoyas next to the white freshadams.

bluewhitesmall.jpg

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
And last for now, a not so good shot of the tahitians. It does a terrible job of showing the fantastics colours, but shows the wonderful shape well. I loved the elongated little tips they have.

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures. I certainly enjoyed having an excuse to take them out and stare at them for a while
3.gif

blackonwhitesmall.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Great collection
9.gif

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue akoyas and the multicoloured strand.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a FABULOUS collection, drool drool
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Now you''ve gone and done it Rhapsody - the start of a lifelong obsession! And what a beautiful start!

Wear them in good health and lots of happiness.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ah, they do become an addiction, don''t they!!

Beautiful pearls and I hope you get more, tee hee!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fabu!!!

cheers--Sharon

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I have almost EXACTLY the same skin tone so the pic of your pearls on your arm is very helpful. I''m also at the beginning of a pearl love affair but starting out with just some cheapy FW studs (which I LOVE) and it helps to know what suits your skin when your ordering online.

Your pearls are beautiful btw!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great collection! Pearls are such a fun thing to collect. I''m just starting my obsession too!

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 12:11:04 AM
Author: 4ever
I have almost EXACTLY the same skin tone so the pic of your pearls on your arm is very helpful. I''m also at the beginning of a pearl love affair but starting out with just some cheapy FW studs (which I LOVE) and it helps to know what suits your skin when your ordering online.

Your pearls are beautiful btw!

I''m glad pictures of my pasty arm were helpful. I was a little horrified when I looked at it and noticed I appeared to be even whiter than my white (and I''ll assume bleached) pearls
6.gif
It seems most cool toned colours work pretty well against my skin. I tried on a strand of pink pearls and it just didnt work against my very pink skin.

And I can guarantee there will be more pearls! As soon as I can find a few minutes during business hours to make the call I''m going to order a bracelet of the blue akoyas, and I''m planning to buy some loose pearls from Pearl Paradise to make myself a bracelet with tahitians and white akoyas (and maybe some lavender freshwaters in there) once I can figure out what design I want to do. Trying to decide on sizes is so hard when you dont have everything in your hands, I wish I could take a field trip and go see everything in person

4ever

Ideal_Rock
That''s interesting, I should go and try some cooler colours next time I''m downtown. I assumed warmer tones would suit more because I have alot of red in my skin but the blue colours look lovely on you (or atleast that small secton of your arm), but I guess that makes sense as I can''t wear yellow gold because it brings out too much red but white gold looks great.

I do wear alot more warm colours of clothing though so I''m not sure if anything too blue or silverly will go with much.....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fantastic collection... drool
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results