shape
carat
color
clarity

The bad economy is helping my wedding budget!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I just got an email from my photographer with an offer of a photo guest book that uses pictures from your engagement session. I was going to delete the email because we're not doing an engagement session, until I read that the session is *free* if you buy the guest book! I'm almost tempted to do it ... if only because FI and I are unphotogenic and need to practice being in front of a camera for the wedding.

And one of my hotels dropped their rates by $30 a night even though I had signed the contract already on the block of rooms.

Anyone else have vendors come back with great offers due to the lousy economy? It certainly brightens my day!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
How much is the book?? That sounds like a pretty good deal!

We haven''t noticed an increase in deals unfortunately
7.gif
Boo...

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Elrohwen, that''s great news! I haven''t seen much of a difference yet in my area, but I''ll be curious to see how things go in the next several months. Let us know if you go ahead with the engagement shots, would love to see them if you do!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
No. Not yet.
7.gif
I''m working on it, though!
27.gif

Glad it''s working in your favor!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know H_H, I just emailed them back to find out. FI will probably be against it if it''s more than $100, but hey, we''ve got to get a guest book somehow.

CNY, I''ll keep you guys posted if I get them. I''m sure I''ll have to consult about what to wear
2.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
So, my photographer is offering the guest book for $150 and a picture with a mat for signing for $100. Is that a good deal? I guess I don''t know how much this stuff would cost if I did it myself ... though I can cost a lot to get a picture printed and matted, so it might be fair. And the engagement photos are free!

What do you girls think? Should I go for it?

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OMG YES! We got the picture/mat and it was about $500!

I WISH my vendors would come up with some discounts...I have a feeling though it won''t because we are near Chicago and people here seem to always have money
20.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn, that's nice! I wish we could get some relief here in Canada, everything is so overpriced anyways over here, what with such little competition!

As for the photobook, I think it's a super reasonable price. My photog offers photobooks in 3 different sizes. The small starts at 1K!!!!!!!!!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I just found out that our venue has changed their off season rates, so all our guests are getting cheaper accommodation!!!! Very nice suprise indeed!!!
36.gif
It works out to about $60 per night, so it''s better in our pocket than theirs
1.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so hoping for some deals like this. And I think the photo book is a great one.
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:59:37 PM
Author: elrohwen
So, my photographer is offering the guest book for $150 and a picture with a mat for signing for $100. Is that a good deal? I guess I don''t know how much this stuff would cost if I did it myself ... though I can cost a lot to get a picture printed and matted, so it might be fair. And the engagement photos are free!

What do you girls think? Should I go for it?

Honestly, I think that''s a fantastic deal. The shoot alone would go for $150 with my photographer, not including prints/books/or a CD. You should ask about getting a CD of your photos so you can print and use them later...

The books online start around $50 for 20 pages of 8.5 x 11

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Blair, I''m actually getting married 75min away from NYC. Definitely lots of money around here! It still amazes me that people are giving discounts; there must be lots of competition in the area.

Kama, $1k for a photobook is crazy!! I guess $150 is a fantastic deal then.

Honey, that''s so great that hotel prices dropped! Almost all of our guests are staying in hotels as well and it was a big relief that they lowered their prices. I don''t want my friends shelling out tons of money to come to my wedding.

Redfaery, hopefully you find some deals too! It''s probably only a matter of time before they start popping up.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds really cool! I haven''t noticed many discounts to be honest. We''re going to go to our venue the week after next and see can we negotiate anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results