shape
carat
color
clarity

The Bachelorette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What did you think of Jen''s pick? What did you think of the Harry Winstons rings?

1. I thought JP, to quote American Idol was a "safe" pick. I think she would have had more passion with Jerry. I think JP is a schmuck!

2. They were okay. The only comment from the sales rep. "it is a D color, perfection and it is an "excellent" clarity"....no mention of cut......but in all fairness it was a cushion cut and not an RB.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Fortheloveofdaimonds,
Jen did not pick JP, she picked Jerry but then turned down his proposal.
I liked the ring JP picked a whole lot better.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
woooooopss!!!!! i just read that LOL!!!!! im a dork!!! too bad she turned down his proposal..but smart i think! she has been through it already!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, I didn''t think JP was a schmuck--I thought he was a great guy. I definitely think she lacked some passion with him, which is why she went with Jerry (who, hello?! could not actually answer a direct question if his life depended on it...but he was a hottie.)

In the end I wasn''t surprised she ended up with neither of them. Really, you could tell she was freaking out because neither was what she really wanted. It seemed she wanted a mix of the two, which she did not find. I didn''t care who got the final rose, because neither of them seemed a good match for her. Turned out she thought the same thing.

I did love the micropave ring JP chose. I just love that look. But for $50,000??? I don''t think so Harry W!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
I never watch those shows (Apprentice is my only reality tv indulgence) but decided to watch it last night because of the finale - what a waste of 3 hours of my life! I thought she came off as pretty insincere with them both. The live part at the end seemed really awkward.

The rings were the highlight of the show! JP''s was around $50,000 but I am sure Harry Winston have a good return policy!
emwink.gif
I heard Jerry worked at that store when he lived in New York - he was one of the doormen. He did well to become an art gallery director!

Just think....that''s 3 stunningly, beautiful engagement rings she has been faced with - lucky so and so!
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think the show provides the engagement rings? I was under the impression the show paid for them - at least to a certain price perhaps, and then maybe the guys have to kick in if they want something more?? Anybody know?

snlee

Ideal_Rock

I only watched the finale and a little of the other episodes. I totally thought she''d pick JP but wanted her to pick Jerry. JP is a very smooth talker. Jerry isn''t but he''s hot. Hehe. Well, she didn''t end up with either. BOO. As for the rings, I loved the cushion cut ring JP and Jenn both liked. Too bad I don''t have $50,500 to blow on diamonds! HA! I don''t even think the guys pay for the ring. Doesn''t ABC?

The live part at the end seemed really awkward. Totally. Especially when they asked about the sex!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I think they said JP paid for the ring himself. I think ABC offers to pay but won''t stop them if they want to do it. As far as I know, Andrew Firestone and one other bachelor (Aaron?) paid for the rings themsevles.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I liked JP more he was a really nice guy. Jerry seemed a little bit too complex.
Both rings were nice .

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch the whole series, just saw the show last night. I thought Jerry was so cute. I had heard she's already been dating someone else so I wasn't suprised at the outcome. I felt bad for Jerry though he looked so uncomfortable!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
It was all so much easier back when men could drag their chosen woman back to the cave by their long hair after hitting them on the head with a club.....

LOL and quickly ducking!
11.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2005 4:11:21 PM
Author: websailor
It was all so much easier back when men could drag their chosen woman back to the cave by their long hair after hitting them on the head with a club.....

LOL and quickly ducking!
11.gif

Noooo, it was much simpler pre-hunter/gatherer days when early cultures were matriarchies and men were marginalized until they were needed for sex and providing fresh meat
2.gif
. (altho some would say that sounds a lot like modern day marriages
1.gif

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
I liked Jerry, couldn''t stand JP. Think Jen is a bit of a schmuck herself!! I don''t think she deserved either guy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my god don''t even get me started on how horrible this show was this time around!! i always watch the bachelor and bachelorette but the last two bachelorettes have been HORRIBLE. i disliked meredith and jen was even worse! she was so bitchy in her sidebars with her comments about people, and also she made some snipey comment about ryan''s family being more interested in themselves than her (egostroke much?)...she acted like she was a famous, sought-after ''celebrity'' and was always paranoid about whether the guys were there for her or for the show.

then this last episode, oh my GOD. stop the crying in the limo already. stop the wailing in the sidebars with tears streaming down your neck. STOP IT. all she could say was ''oh i thought i''d know by now'' and ''i''m so confused''. okay well you DON''T know, so shut up and figure out what you are going to do about it rather than irritating most of america with the constant wailing.

i would have had alot more respect for her if she had told them BOTH at the end that she didn''t want either of them (without stringing jerry along for a few months--poor guy looked crushed when she did the whole ''we agreed to be friends'') because it was painfully obvious to me when she was in the limo that NEITHER of these guys were the one for her, she kept saying ''well i like this...BUT'' about both of them, which is not where you want to be a few days before the proposal! why was she ring shopping and dress shopping when she obviously wasn''t sure who she wanted to be shopping FOR.

my girlfriend was cracking up when the audience gal asked ''okay you had andrew firestone, and you had these two fabulous guys who both proposed to you, what wil it take for you??''...very valid question. while i totally agree she did the right thing in the end--if there is no love then don''t drag it out..obviously she has some issues about relationships, trust and doing the right thing and not making a ''mistake'' again, maybe next time she should get some therapy and resolve her issues before going on national TV yet again to make another fool of herself..and I''m sure the network is NOT happy with the outcome...the show is definitely on a downward spiral!

but i''ll still watch the bachelor of course. it''s like an accident...can''t look away!
9.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I just read the new Bachelor will be a C celebrity - Charlie O''Connell (brother of Jerry) famous for his role in "Dude Where''s My Car?"
20.gif
Seems they want to get back to ''Trista'' ratings!!

Back to bachelorette - was it just me or did JP have really odd lips? I kept checking at angles!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...meredith as the bachelorette? I don''t remember seeing this. Maybe I didn''t watch this one at all cause I didn''t like her too much. What was the outcome of that one? I didn''t like jen that much either. I think the last one I watched all the way through was trista. That one was good!

Yeah, JP did have odd lips.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh - Meredith brings back bad memories. She had 2 guys left - a really sweet blonde Texan, whom she told that she WANTED A RING FROM HIM, and then Ian, a guy who forever professed he would not propose to her if he was chosen.

He (Ian) was chosen, and he did propose.
They also did break up recently.

My heart was really broken for the "runner up"---she completely led him on! Told him she wanted a ring from him, and then let him go? Grrrrrr.

I had a hard time getting over that one. Jen reminded me a lot of Meredith this time. That, in my opinion, is not a good thing.

Edit: There WAS something going on w/ JP's face...I couldn't quite figure it out. Maybe it was the lips?

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Any pics or details of the ring? I missed the show and was hearing others mention how pretty the ring was.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ya there was something wrong with JP''s lips......and i just never got the feeling that he was being genuine.

Mara: I agree with everything that you said! I couldn''t have said it better!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I got sucked into the 3 hour black hole last night and Mara your statements are dead on!!!

My favorite thing was when Jen was explaining to Jerry about the just being friends thing and he scratched his nose, very blatantly, with his middle finger!!!! I swear he was flipping her off. I was cracking up!

Tonights television program, Entertainment Tonight, replayed the scene and I made hubby watch and he agreed totally that that''s exactly what Jerry was doing and he wondered how many other people picked up on it. Did any of you guys see what I''m talking about? It was too funny.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha!! Mara, just read what you wrote...SO FUNNY, so true
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Ya know, if they could just combine Survivor and the Bachelor/Bachelorette somehow......the last man/woman have to marry each other.....

Maybe toss in a bit of The Great Race....

Oh, and it would have naturally built in elements of Fear Factor!

HIT SHOW!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Libster - Damn. I missed that! Haha. I would love to see Jerry flip Jen off!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe my friend just sent me this from the NYT...so hilarious!! My favorite part:

"But as the new, curdled Jen, awkward in a tight flowered top, mustered her second pallid refusal (she and Jerry, blah blah, "better as friends"), she revealed that the shows have utterly drained her charm, just as they drained the charm of her "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" predecessors and the charm of television matchmaking itself. Once a fun, short-waisted opportunist eager to play land-a-Firestone, Jen had frankly become deranged by the end of her own show."

A Romance Drained of Its Heart
By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

Published: March 2, 2005

It's official: "The Bachelor" franchise has jilted us all, and the pathetic love affair is over. It has always been a toxic sideshow, anyway, a soft-focus smear campaign against love and hope. How could we ever have been taken in? The fake-tan-colored confessionals, the stupid hot-tub make-out sessions, the pathetic red roses wilting on their props-department tray: everything about the Splenda-sweet "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" damages the souls of their participants more than all of the openly snide, gotcha reality shows put together.

Yes, that includes the misanthropic heavyweights "Joe Millionaire" and even "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé."

The cruelty of the "Bachelor" shows had become increasingly obvious, but it was unmistakable on Monday night. That's when Jen Schefft, late of "The Bachelor" - which in 2002 produced her ill-fated engagement to the richie Andrew Firestone - turned the three-hour finale of "The Bachelorette," the spinoff series she had turned to for a second chance to find a husband, into a grating spectacle of heartbreak and despair.

That's right: three hours. "After the Final Rose," the live one-hour coda, was ABC's effort to protract everyone's misery, a poisoned nightcap to the recorded two-hour finale during which Jen took John Paul and Jerry, her final suitors, home to Cleveland to meet her parents and then in principle decided between them.

To be sure, when John Paul flashed a Harry Winston ring reportedly worth $50,500 under some stringy tinsel in a cavernous orange room, Jen said no, citing a "gut feeling." That left only Jerry, the uncannily handsome art-gallery director; we were told we'd see his months-old recorded proposal and Jen's live response after "The Bachelorette," on "After the Final Rose."

This live thing needed to be good. Jerry had apparently waited for months to hear whether Jen would marry him. And we viewers - we dwindling, doubting "Bachelorette" viewers - had endured the grind this season to see whether Jen, who had once long ago evinced a faint but real spark of charm, would right herself, regain her Cleveland pluck and just finally shout her love from a rooftop as she claimed she was so eager to do.

But as the new, curdled Jen, awkward in a tight flowered top, mustered her second pallid refusal (she and Jerry, blah blah, "better as friends"), she revealed that the shows have utterly drained her charm, just as they drained the charm of her "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" predecessors and the charm of television matchmaking itself. Once a fun, short-waisted opportunist eager to play land-a-Firestone, Jen had frankly become deranged by the end of her own show.

Jen's self-possession first cracked on Monday's "Bachelorette," before the show went live. In what might be a first in televised sobs, tears covered not just her face but also her neck, streaming down the front of her shirt as she choked out a statement for the cameras and presumably the show's producers: "I need to figure this out. I want to be smart about it, and I'm sorry that I'm not somebody who just takes a leap of faith and goes with the moment. I did that, and it" betrayed her, she said, using an obscenity.

Was she, as seemed clear, now cursing at the "Bachelor" machine, which desperately needs an engagement, any engagement, if it is to preserve a shred of integrity? (Only one of seven matches from either series - Trista and Ryan from the first "Bachelorette" - has resulted in a marriage.) "Leaps of faith" and "going with the moment" sounded suddenly not like the clichés of romance, but like a coercive television idiom that Jen was violently, physically rejecting, as one would an incompatible transplant.

It was an existential crisis for a woman who had repeatedly made it plain that she did not have the depths to endure one. She was at the end of her vocabulary for justifying this misadventure. Fed up with leaps of faith and spontaneity, Jen appeared in a serious bind: sick both of love and of minor celebrity culture. In America, as a rule, love is what you get instead of celebrity; celebrity is what you get instead of love. Jen would now end up with neither.

She was down to her last shred of palaver: "I think we both came to the realization that we were better as friends."

Jerry took this "friends" send-off with more than equanimity. He said he loved her for it. He said she had opened his heart. He said she was amazing.

41.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really good. I especially like when they call Jen "curdled."

I was so irritated that they dragged the whole thing out for 3 hours that I did not watch the "live after the rose special" until the next day (thank you TiVo)...and it was so obvious that they did NOT mutually agree they would be better off as friends...what self respecting man would come on tv and propose (and let them play a love song he wrote for her??!!) knowing that the answer was going to be no??? I thought she came off completely lame, and if I heard her say "I did put everything into this. I just want you to know that - I hope you know that." one more time, I think I would have barfed. Or thrown something at the tv. Not sure which.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
FireGoddess, HAHA! My sentiments exactly!

She always said, " I just want you to know that - I hope you know that." I was getting so annoyed by her! And I still watched. Haha. Like Mara said, it''s like an accident...can''t look away!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I totally agree on the ''I hope you know that''...she kept saying it OVER AND OVER every 10 minutes until I wanted to scream...

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Yeah..well what we all know is that she needs to seriously regroup..she is totally "curdled".
38.gif

Television is made for people to watch it and as sad as it is...ABC thinks that people really care to watch a misguided young lady, once again publically shame herself. We all have the car crash reaction..everybody is a rubber necker, but maybe in some twisted way that was their plan all along, to get people to watch her "play" herself on TV. It''s funny that it is called "reality tv" and it is anything but real...can over processed reality tv even capture what reality is? Of course not...reality tv..can make you a quasi- celebrity, a 15 min hero, or the topic of someones post! Poor, poor Jen...she put "everything" into it and look what she got, "nothing". Maybe that''s the real reality.
27.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Totally Websailor! The man and woman that can eat the most fermented squid, cow parts and ground up worms, in the fastest time, are perfect for each other!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results