shape
carat
color
clarity

The Bachelor - An Officer and a Gentleman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
DID anyone catch a glimpse of that ring? They showed it but my sons big head was in the way and then it was gone!!!!!!!!
emsmilep.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO, but I caught the end of the show and that one chick was seriously having a melt down...oh boy, how embarrassing on national tv! The girls did not seem as high caliber this time, the last shows had a couple of girls who really seemed to have it together...

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I wonder how real that MELTDOWN was... it seems rediculous for ANY woman to go on national TV and act like a 5yr old! Even i was embarassed for her!!
I do agree, the women are a little bit more.. ''down to earth''? but OMGOSH... he''s like THE perfect man!! SMASHING DARLING!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:25:49 PM
Author: diamondfan
NO, but I caught the end of the show and that one chick was seriously having a melt down...oh boy, how embarrassing on national tv! The girls did not seem as high caliber this time, the last shows had a couple of girls who really seemed to have it together...
Yeah, a bit of a train wreck methinks. Did you know he is from Lancaster PA???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No! But he is cute, I wonder why they did it in LA this time, no exotic locales for this guy!

They usually keep the one with the freaky personality around a bit so it adds some drama...I will watch, sad to admit it...but hey, it is a mindless way to spend an hour or so!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw him on "dancing with stars" and he said he was engaged so there WILL be a proposal! I was relieved he got rid of drama girl too.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read somewhere that he is really in love with the girl. Let''s see if there is an actual wedding, so far Trista is the only one who is actually married, unless the fisherman and Mary got married. Not really great odds overall on this show...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am losing hope with the Bachelor so maybe this guy will redeem the show!! it seems like everyone breaks up. only trista and i think mary/byron have made it so far. everyone wants to see a happy ending so hopefully they are in love and do get married!

i actually really like his personality! he doesn''t seem as STIFF as so many of the other bachelors have been in the past. he was cracking jokes...he was very hands-on and affectionate with the gals he liked...he just seemed really down to to earth and IN IT. and thank god he got rid of crazy girl...my god woman get a hold of yourself, you are on national television!!! and she was going off on how she didn''t care and was over it and then she had this big tear track coming down her cheek. okay if you are so over it, then why are you crying??

i actually thought a fair amount of the girls seemed pretty accomplished...i remember thinking that it seemed more so this time than previously.

anyway it will be interesting to see how it all shapes up, hehe!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
does anyone know if they re-air the show? i''m not really a bachelor fan, but i caught the last five minutes... just in time to see that embarrasing meltdown, but also to notice i know this guy!! i dated a friend of his a few years back. at the time andy (the bachelor) had a serious girlfriend and was talking about getting married. i guess that didn''t work out. now i''ll probably watch some of the season.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah...I missed the show, but I did catch him on DWTS last night and he''s very cute! I can''t wait to see the ring, and of course the crazy girl drama!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 1:23:06 AM
Author: novia

does anyone know if they re-air the show? i''m not really a bachelor fan, but i caught the last five minutes... just in time to see that embarrasing meltdown, but also to notice i know this guy!! i dated a friend of his a few years back. at the time andy (the bachelor) had a serious girlfriend and was talking about getting married. i guess that didn''t work out. now i''ll probably watch some of the season.
Oooh, that''s cool! Love those coincidences!

I used to love the bachelor in the early seasons, pre grad school when I had time to watch TV, but I got tired of it after all the couples broke up! I think the last season I watched was with Andrew Firestone. I think that was his name, the winery guy.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t see the ring.

Much to FI''s disappointment, I am watching it again this season!

It is like crack to me. I know it is bad and will only rot my brain, but I can''t stop.

I, for one, think the freak out was totally fake. Seemed like a great way to get massive amounts of airtime to me. Just my opinion though.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I watched this online last night, since all my favorite shows were on reruns.

Honestly, I don''t think I''ll be watching it again. The way all these women talk about it being a "competition" and how they''re going to win...it just...ugh. I feel like they should go into it thinking that this guy may or may not be the one for them, but with the other women vying for his attention, they seem to lose sight of that. The guy seems nice and all, but once things start to get a little physical, I can imagine how catty the women will get. It was bad enough in the first episode! It feels like watching a train wreck.

I want new Heroes episodes
7.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I liked what I saw so far of this newest Bachelor. As others have said, he seems very real and down to earth. I honestly wished my oldest daughter had signed up for this run of the Bachelor cuz he is first of all, a hottie. It doesn''t hurt that he makes me do a double take with him in a uniform---and I usually can''t say I give most guys a second glance in uniform---but he seems very nice. As many have said, time will tell if he is as he portrays himself to be.

I think the choice of ladies was ok. Alot seemed to have a medical background, though one gal who was 32 yrs old and also had a medical background was not chosen. But there seemed to be alot of pettyness with some of ladies right away. Personally, the meltdown diva, "Lindsay", was an accident waiting to happen and I am thrilled she is gone! I am sure others will show their claws--as is the nature of this show, as time goes by. There was a gal on there, can''t remember her name, but she wasn''t chosen either but she had these eyes that looked kind of scary, like she had them open too big. Yuck. I am glad she wasn''t chosen. She was just hard to look at.
emotion-41.gif

Did you all here that Trista and Ryan Sutter are pregnant...finally? I know they have been trying to start a family for quite awhile and now they are according to an article on them that was in People magazine last month.
emhot.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy for Trista and Ryan!!!!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:50:40 AM
Author: Aloros

Honestly, I don''t think I''ll be watching it again. The way all these women talk about it being a ''competition'' and how they''re going to win...it just...ugh. I feel like they should go into it thinking that this guy may or may not be the one for them, but with the other women vying for his attention, they seem to lose sight of that. The guy seems nice and all, but once things start to get a little physical, I can imagine how catty the women will get. It was bad enough in the first episode! It feels like watching a train wreck.

7.gif

OMG...
I''m counting down the days for a HEROES episode...
april 21 if i''m right :)

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:34:49 PM
No! But he is cute, I wonder why they did it in LA this time, no exotic locales for this guy!

They usually keep the one with the freaky personality around a bit so it adds some drama...I will watch, sad to admit it...but hey, it is a mindless way to spend an hour or so!

DF:

Having grown up on the east coast, and having been to Lancaster (LANK-i-ster) many times, LA is an "exotic" locale.
3.gif

It is a beautiful area of the country, though - we used to camp and horseback there. And the people are amazingingly friendly.

-J

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 1:06:25 PM
Author: MommaBear

OMG...
I know! It just can''t come too quickly. And I can''t believe they left off in the very beginning of the Sylar/Peter fight.

So...um...The Bachelor...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I grew up in So. Cal and now live in Philly so I know the issues, but it just seems like L.A. is not really that special for this type of show...after Rome and Paris etc, it just seems boring to me. But it is all about the guy so maybe the locale does not matter...

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 3:44:30 PM
I grew up in So. Cal and now live in Philly so I know the issues, but it just seems like L.A. is not really that special for this type of show...after Rome and Paris etc, it just seems boring to me. But it is all about the guy so maybe the locale does not matter...

I have to admit, I''m not a loyal watcher. I didn''t realize that Rome and Paris were on the menu previously. Hmmmm....big difference, huh? LA does have its own vibe, though. It''s definitely completely different than anything on the east coast.

BTW, my migration is the opposite of yours. I started out in DC, moved to the "middle", and I''m a few months away from relocating to the LA area. I figured I would post when the time comes for some tips and advice.

I''m excited!!
36.gif

-J

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
BunniBling--what you bring up about the pronounciation of Lancaster is so funny! I''m from LA and now work outside Philly where I constantly have to remind myself of the east coast pronounciation, especially considering I word on Lancaster Avenue!

I''m so glad other people are watching the Bachelor still. I thought two of my co-workers and I were the only ones who still watched it. Now, is it just me, or do a lot of the girls look a lot older than the ages shown at the bottom of the screen?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stopped watching right before last season, got sick of watching it play out only to find out by the time the show aired that they weren''t even engaged/dating anymore. I might catch the next episode to see if I want to commit again.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is disappointing to get invested even a little and know by the time you watch they are likely broken up. What happened to Prince Lorenzo? I heard he was trying to get in touch with Sadie, the girl he did NOT chose at the end of last season''s show...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 8:21:20 PM
Author: AlyceC
BunniBling--what you bring up about the pronounciation of Lancaster is so funny! I''m from LA and now work outside Philly where I constantly have to remind myself of the east coast pronounciation, especially considering I word on Lancaster Avenue!

I''m so glad other people are watching the Bachelor still. I thought two of my co-workers and I were the only ones who still watched it. Now, is it just me, or do a lot of the girls look a lot older than the ages shown at the bottom of the screen?

Me too! I grew up in Beverly Hills and now live in the Main Line...that is too funny.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I did not get to see a good look at the bling, and now that I hang out on PS - I almost popped my eyes out trying to catch it. lol
I was really impressed with his first rose selection...yes - she might not have been the most beautiful, but there was something that he liked - showing to me - he isn''t there to get the attention and the beautiful babe for on his arm for his formals...if you know what I mean.
OOOOOOOooh the meltdown - sooooo now unexpected by me - the whole rose ceremony, im sitting there with my fingers crossed saying not the Bee with the Itch ( she majorly had issues and was wayyyyyy too proud, and I think he saw that - I mean come on - she criticized the other girls dress and you saw what she was wearing?!!! IMHO not attractive!) and also the other one I was really hoping not was the girl with the huge eyes...I think she thot she had it in the bag because she was athletic and in the forces too if I recall correctly. Oh and the other one - the blond who fell off her chair - me thinks she wasn''t able to handle the bubbly, so methinks she wouldn''t have done too great at any formals he had to attend.
And the funniest thing of the night - using tequilla instead of eggs in the cake...but impressive to take their time out and do it for him - definitely using the way to a mans heart - even tho it didn''t look too edible - lol

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 1:06:25 PM
Author: MommaBear

Date: 4/4/2007 11:50:40 AM
Author: Aloros

Honestly, I don''t think I''ll be watching it again. The way all these women talk about it being a ''competition'' and how they''re going to win...it just...ugh. I feel like they should go into it thinking that this guy may or may not be the one for them, but with the other women vying for his attention, they seem to lose sight of that. The guy seems nice and all, but once things start to get a little physical, I can imagine how catty the women will get. It was bad enough in the first episode! It feels like watching a train wreck.

7.gif

OMG...
April 23rd. It''s a litany in my house. April 23rd can''t get here quick enough. Save the cheerleader. save the world. What a brilliant line for marketing. I bet people who didn''t even watch the show knew it.

shay

Who watched tonight?

I got hooked on this silly show a few seasons ago! It''s a total guilty pleasure. I just enjoy watching the dates and I like getting to see what the bachelors say about the girls/how they decide who they pick.

Anyway, I felt so bad for Peyton - blonde sorority recruiter. She got sent home from the 2 on 1 date. There are a few others (the one with the really dyed black hair) that should have gone before her. Oh well, he made a good point when he said Tessa was more "wife material." I think she will definitely be around until the final 3.

Has there been any gossip about the show releasd so far? I am not up on that stuff...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the second Stephanie. When she did not get asked to have a massage or whatever, the look on her face as he asked the other girl was SOOOO nasty. I do not like her. The girl Bevin with the sprained ankle got a Chopard watch!!!!!! Lucky girl. I think he wants an athletic tomboy type who can dress up and be fancy when called for, but is not a priss. Does anyone think Tessa sort of resembles Meredith, who was on one of the Bachelors and then became the Bachelorette?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen it in ages. I saw a clip on Soap tv making fun of him; he isn''t as handsome as some of the past guys. Hmmm. I think it is funny how the girls get crazy and bent with each other.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i missed last night''s episode, but i''m gonna catch it tonight online. i''ve never watched an entire season of this, but so far, this guy is keeping my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results