shape
carat
color
clarity

*~* The Autumn Baking Thread *~*

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Last year a few of you gave me great pizelle recipes. Now does anyone have any easy biscotti recipes?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to a party on Saturday and I volunteered to make an apple dessert. I have been looking for a specific recipe of my mother's that I used to make, but I cannot find it. As I was looking through one of her old little recipe boxes (she had several), I found a strange recipe. I stuck it back in the box, but while I was on line I decided to search for it and...sure enough...I found it! The same recipe that she had was on Cooks.com as well! I thought I'd put it up here because it looked liked fun to me. It may not be the kind of recipe you want to make when you want to bake with fresh apples on a beautiful fall day, but surely at some point there will come a time when you want to throw together a quick and easy dessert!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

CRAZY CRUST APPLE PIE
Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRUST:

1 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. water
2/3 c. butter
1 egg

FILLING:

1 can (1 lb. 5 oz.) apple pie filling
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend crust ingredients. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread batter over bottom of pie pan. Spoon apple pie filling carefully into center of batter. Do not stir.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Ingredients will cook together to form a crust and filling.

Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS-I have never made the above recipe, but I am assuming that it works on the same principle as a Bisquick Impossible Pie!

Deb
:read:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
soocool|1319746035|3048900 said:
Last year a few of you gave me great pizelle recipes. Now does anyone have any easy biscotti recipes?

Hi soocool, I like Giada DiLaurentiis' cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe. You cam find it on foodnetwork.com. It's really easy and yummy!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the website. I checked out the recipe. It does look easy. I may substitute walnuts for the pistachios. I'll give it a try in the next couple of weeks nd let you know how it goes.

tuffyluvr|1319779586|3049190 said:

Hi soocool, I like Giada DiLaurentiis' cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe. You cam find it on foodnetwork.com. It's really easy and yummy!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
soocool|1319803564|3049252 said:
Thanks for the website. I checked out the recipe. It does look easy. I may substitute walnuts for the pistachios. I'll give it a try in the next couple of weeks nd let you know how it goes.

tuffyluvr|1319779586|3049190 said:

It is super easy!! And you can substitute whatever you like for the pistachios and cranberries--other nuts or dried fruits, chocolate chips--whatever you like! I usually dip half the biscotti in melted chocolate, you know, cuz in my opinion, everything is better with chocolate!!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this cute little pie mold at world market on vacation and had to have it... But... I have no idea how it works! LOL

Anyone ever use something like this?

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-184565/?affsrcid=Aff0001&mr:trackingCode=E6DBD753-8B84-E011-973E-001517384908&mr:referralID=NA

This way I can make my cinnamon less apple pie for me and make the better half one full of cinnamon. Cinnamon and I are not friends, but he LOVES it and has had to do without for years. This way I can prep it and he can toss it in the oven when I'm not home and enjoy a delicious apple pie complete with cinnamon :D

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
I got a similar one from WSonoma last year, so cute! We've tried lemon curd, cherry, apple, savory stuffing and sauce with pepperoni and mozzarella.
After a few spills I'm now using only 2 Tb of Cold filling and freeze 15-20 minutes before baking. I also leave any extras in freezer bags, huge hit in our family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results