shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ascent of Woman

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
This is for AGBF and anyone else interested in history. The BBC has just screened a four part documentary on the history of women, from early civilisations to the present. It is really quite interesting and available now on youtube for those of you outside the UK. It shows that our history is filled with intelligent strong women who were creative and powerful and helped shape global events far more than we are taught in school. It also shows how deeply entrenched misogyny is, and has been, in our cultures, religions, politics, and laws; and how women's rights are the first thing to be eroded during times of uncertainty and conflict.
It is a really well done series by a PhD historian and biographer. Well worth the time to watch, just hook your tablet or comp up to the telly.
Here is the link to the first episode: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0QwnvtMik the others are called Ascent of Woman 2, 3, & 4.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jane for sharing this with us. Looking forward to watching it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1443716460|3933801 said:
Thank you Jane for sharing this with us. Looking forward to watching it.

+1! :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
You're welcome. :))

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I'm now on the third hour when I should've been in bed hours ago. Thank you for posting. I will make sure that my ten-year old daughter watches every minute of the series.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results