shape
carat
color
clarity

The answer was "Yes" so.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baloo

Rough_Rock
time for thanks.

I finally received the ring that I purchased online. Let me tell you that it was a big leap of faith on my part to shop online for such a considerable purchase. Thankfully I came across very many helpful people on this site that allowed me to make the decision that resulted in this most amazing ring.

There were some stressful times during this process that hightened the anxiety. The worst of which was being told I had to relocate countries within 4 weeks. This made the shipping date and location crucial. Thankfully strings were pulled and I was able to secure shipment before the Diamond trade went on holidays. Just too bad FedEx couldn't deliver when they were supposed to and my now Fiance took delivery of the package. The surprise was no longer a surprise but in reality, it didn't matter too much.

First and foremost thanks to Jonathan, Christen, Marie and everyone else at GOG. The friendly and caring service certainly eased the process. Most important was the fact I went to GOG looking for a particular cut but after Jonathan heard why I was after it, he convinced me to look at the Regents. What a Cut ! A special mention to Marie for getting Vatche to set the diamond quicker than normal.

Richard Sherwood appraised the stone for me. Another person who helped quell my fears and confirmed the stone was as brilliant as GOG said it was. His professionalism and obvious joy he takes in his work will have me reffering him for a long time to come.

Thanks to dianne on the this forum. We exchanged emails and she told me she had seen Regents "live" and confirmed everything people were saying about their brilliance.

And thanks to many others who taught me what to look for in a diamond and taught me about this whole diamond shopping process.

We ended up with a 1.19 D VS1 Regent. I won't bore you with all the details but if you are interested you can find the measurements on GOG's site under his Educational Diamonds page. It's mounted on a Vatche comfort fit Xprong Platinum setting.

Last but not least, to all the Tiffany defenders. What can I say other than the joy I felt when I heard my fiance say "My God, this is so much more beautiful than anything I have seen in Tiffany". The extra hours I put it certainly paid off.

Pictures of the ring can be found in the "Show me the Ring" forum.

Thanks again to everyone on Pricescope, and Pricescope itself !

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 7/29/2003 9:12
6.gif
5 AM baloo wrote:
Last but not least, to all the Tiffany defenders. What can I say other than the joy I felt when I heard my fiance say "My God, this is so much more beautiful than anything I have seen in Tiffany". The extra hours I put it certainly paid off.

----------------
Baloo, CONGRATULATIONS! It is so gratifying to see people when they first come here, go through the learning process, an end up with a spectacular diamond!

The extra hours you put in certainly DID pay off, and you have an experience relating to shopping for the ring, the anticipation, etc....instead of just slapping the ol' credit card down. Your fiance's reaction validated all the great information you got here!

Congratulations again on such a classy job! Best of luck to you both!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY congrats!!
1.gif
I will head on over and check out the pix but I don't doubt that your fiance is more than excited to wear such a spectacular ring on her finger, esp knowing that you put time and effort into getting her something that is very unique rather than the typical thing.

1.gif

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Awesome... Congrats on your engagement... I pop the question this Friday...
10.gif

smaggard

Rough_Rock
Congrats! That's awesome!
I'll be following you and Michael next Saturday in the big apple...it's nerve racking just having this thing around because I can't keep my grimey hands off it!
1.gif
1.gif

10.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
This friday????

lol...

me its in 2 weeks...

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
I'm almost a month out myself...
2.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Baloo...

For me... it's ?????? days away... cause I have no idea when it will happen!!
cry.gif

All in due time... (sigh)

Any men out there wanna marry me? Mine is taking too long.
naughty.gif
Hahaha...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you. What a beautiful stone. Thanks for sharing!

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Yup... This Friday... T minus 75 hours 34 minutes 20 seconds and counting... My heart is in my throat, can't concentrate... keep forgetting stuff... I'm a wreck! I just got back from seeing the wax of the setting... Woooooo Hooooo.... Looks better than I thought it would...

Michael

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Smaggard!

Get out! I have reservations here in DC at Kinkeads, but last night she said she would really like to go to a play. I was thinking of taking the train up to The City and doing the deed up in NYC...

Michael

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
DancinGirl...

Hey... Post his number and place of business we'll get you the proposal you deserve! LOL... It may not be one you'd say "yes" too... but hey!

Michael

69gm

Shiny_Rock
congratulations baloo! i know exactly how you feel. and it will take a little used to to refer to your significant other as your "fiance".

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow Baloo! Congrats! That's some serious stone!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results