shape
carat
color
clarity

The amazing BGD Elegance!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
After over two years since the initial proposal and over a year and a half of marriage, DH and I finally purchased an engagement ring :appl:

I'd been obsessively browsing online inventories and visiting B&M stores for a while and finally decided on a Brian Gavin Signature stone. There was actually a mix up with the original stone I purchased; it was accidentally sold twice :errrr: what luck that two people wanted to buy it within days.

HOWEVER, Lesley more than made up for it by presenting me with a stone of a the same color and almost same size (which I had also considered) but 1 clarity grade up. I decided to go with Elegance solitaire, which just really spoke to me. So here, I present the glamor shots of my 1.224 J VS2 in an 18k white gold Elegance setting (size 7), which I picked up earlier this morning :twirl:

Carat: 1.224
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 6.85×6.88×4.22
Table %: 55.4
Depth %: 61.6
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pav Angle: 40.7
Lower Girdle %: 78.0

Profile view:

I just love the cathedral shoulders:

Arrow shot:

After having seen tons of stones while walking through the NYC diamond district, I realized I'm fairly color sensitive. Initially I thought anything lower than I color would bother me. However, I reminded myself that I'll really never see a D next to a J and took a gamble (couldn't pass up the size increase for one color grade!).. and I can see the tint head on but it doesn't bother me at all! I'm really enjoying the warmth of a J. My eyes are really drawn to the hypnotizing brilliance and fire :bigsmile: The size of the stone looks and feels just the right size for me as well. I'm extremely pleased with the finished product and cannot stop gazing at it, I'm completely enamored :love:

Haven't had a chance to take handshots yet and the sun is already down, so will need to update tomorrow!

ChasiuBGDElegance3.jpg

ChasiuBGDElegance2.jpg

ChasiuBGDElegance1.jpg

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhhh.....it's pretty!!! Can't wait to see the "real" shots.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is just so beautiful!!! I love it, can't wait to see it on your hand!

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
That's my fave BGD solitaire setting! I've always wanted to see it in real life photos so I anxiously await your handshots!

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
thump .... wow classic, beautiful and I just love the way the brilliant is set and the lines, congratualtions but please give us handshots as soonas possible :angryfire: lol

Hugs

*Have a nice weekend!

joe.laroza

Rough_Rock
That is such a beautiful ring!!! I like how BGD provides customers with those glamour shots... I wish Blue-Nile did that!!! :appl:

Tell me: how do you like the J-color? I also have a J-color diamond and I can see the tint slightly while indoors and not at all outside. What about you?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-heirloom-micropave-diamond-e-ring-1-5ct-vs1-ideal-j.159358/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-heirloom-micropave-diamond-e-ring-1-5ct-vs1-ideal-j.159358/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of the prettiest solitaire settings, and of course, the whole ring is beautiful! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! Congrats :love:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
hmr_mama, junebug17, rubyprincess, fogdancer, DS and Skippy, thank you all for your kind words and sharing your pieces that gave me ideas for what I'd like to add to my collection 8)

joe.laroza|1302924619|2897526 said:
That is such a beautiful ring!!! I like how BGD provides customers with those glamour shots... I wish Blue-Nile did that!!! :appl:

Tell me: how do you like the J-color? I also have a J-color diamond and I can see the tint slightly while indoors and not at all outside. What about you?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-heirloom-micropave-diamond-e-ring-1-5ct-vs1-ideal-j.159358/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-heirloom-micropave-diamond-e-ring-1-5ct-vs1-ideal-j.159358/[/URL]

Joe, the ring you picked is gorgeous! I hope it gets back from BN soon so your fiancee can enjoy it :)

I agree that it's difficult to see the J tint while outdoors, but indoors and depending on lighting, it's can be more obvious. I was showing the ring to my mom earlier this evening near a really bright lamp (I think they were flood or halogen light bulbs??) and it looked veeeery tinted :knockout: But when I was in the office with CFL bulbs, there was only a slight warmth even when I put it up against sheets of white paper from the side view -- and because I sit near a large wall of windows, I was treated to quite a light show when the sunlight reached my area of the office lol.

I have an F colored pendant and while I love the super icy color, I think this J looks fabulous in a solitaire and against my skin (pics tomorrow, I promise). I don't regret my choice of going with J color at all!!

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
I love it! It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see handshots. :love:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! Can't wait for hand shots... Does it sit flush with a straight band or does it need one of those curved ones?? :D I love the look of that and think it's beautiful! :D

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's one of my favorite settings from BGD. Beautiful!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an all time classic beauty :appl: :appl: :appl: Very beautiful ring, congrats :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, enjoy your new ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very elegant indeed!!! It's gorgeous!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Congrats!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So stunning, I can't wait to see pics of it in your hand! You must be so excited! Heck, I'M excited!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
Amazing is right!!!!!!!!! Really pretty ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting! I can't wait to see your real life shots!!!! Beautiful!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I was very seriously considering that setting. I love it...so classic...and so elegant. It is beautiful! Handshots...handshots...handshots!! :appl:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Cozystitches|1302932628|2897577 said:
That's beautiful! Can't wait for hand shots... Does it sit flush with a straight band or does it need one of those curved ones?? :D I love the look of that and think it's beautiful! :D

My wedding band does not sit flush as there is a little 'donut' at the base of the head. The shank tapers slightly from the bottom to the top so there's a very slight gap. That's fine with me though as my wedding band is a little tall and would otherwise dig into the prongs, but with the slight separation it should be ok.

Ok, so here are the hand shots I promised! Please excuse the terrible lighting, it's really overcast today :(

I have pudgy fingers that tend to swell when the weather is warmer, so the 7 is ever so slightly looser than my actual size:

Close up with some arrows:

Side profile:

Shot of the 'donut':

ChasiuElegance1.JPG

ChasiuElegance2.JPG

ChasiuElegance3.JPG

ChasiuElegance4.JPG

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Side shot on my finger:

With my channel set wedding band (notice the sliiiight gap):

Another close up with my wedder:

Profile view on my finger:

I had brunch this morning with my grandmother, and the first thing she said to me was "WHOA your diamond is SO bright!!" :bigsmile: I'm having a difficult time trying to capture the fire (my camera just does NOT pick it up at all), but when I am walking under spot lighting, it's like there is a disco ball on my finger :love:

ChasiuElegance8.JPG

ChasiuElegance7.JPG

ChasiuElegance6.JPG

ChasiuElegance5.JPG

yiska

Shiny_Rock
Oh this is one of my favourite BGD settings it's beautiful! Those are really useful photos too, thank you!
:appl:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful and SOO worth the wait!! Congrats

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
After a night of heavy wind and rain, the sun is finally out again! I tried to take a few pictures that capture the fire in my stone and came up with these:

I wish we had some fresh flowers in the house so I could take some of my own glamor shots!

ChasiuElegance10.JPG

ChasiuElegance9.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful! I love the little gap between the rings - you can appreciate both of them in all their glory!

Stunning - congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results