shape
carat
color
clarity

The Alistair Kelsey collection

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! In addition to the gorgeous pieces posted here, I've been looking at his FB photos! I want a Floret pendant!! Soooooo pretty!!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
That's great to hear his pricing is comparable to David's!
I requested a quote for earrings yesterday, can't wait to hear back!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1455800373|3992507 said:
Lovinggems|1455708461|3991999 said:
It's a beautiful drawing, simple but elegant, I think it'll complement your garnet really well.
Acinom I got side tracked with another dainty ring, will need to pace myself this year, so won't be setting my topaz suite till later. :oops:

Thank you Lovinggems! :wavey:
Isn't it nice to get sidetracked every once in a while :lol: I am so curious to learn more about your dainty project!

Hi Acinom, just going to thread jack briefly because I would like some help from you, hope you don't mind. I purchased a very small paraiba from Yvonne, it's 5.7 x 2.77 mm. She sent me a few layouts (mine wouldn't be exactly the same as it is smaller), which one do you like? Side stones Hauyne inner, paraiba outer, 14kt White gold.
Thank you.

_2043.jpeg

_2044.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait. A. Minute. When did this happen Lovinggems??? Look at that glow :love: :love:

I love the outlines! To be able to combine that stone with hauynes and paraiba melee.
Your question is a difficult one as it is very personal. Personally I would choose outline A because of the sophisticated elegance. A glowy stone like that does not need much. Since I have old lady hands I might also consider outline B for a little more ring coverage.
Personally I would not consider C for this special center stone. The stone is too special to be overwhelmed.

There is no ugly option here though, so just listen to your heart. Now I am off to the Paraiba and Cuprian tourmaline thread to post your stone. Do you also have a pic of the melee?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1455811370|3992570 said:
Oh my gosh! In addition to the gorgeous pieces posted here, I've been looking at his FB photos! I want a Floret pendant!! Soooooo pretty!!

Aaah... I agree. The Floret pendant looks amazing. I have posted 2 pendants on page 1 to drool over as Arkieb also mentioned the Floret pendant.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1455817861|3992604 said:

You did!!! Is it for a pair of dangling earrings or studs? I love his 'ear jewelry'. Do you have an inspiration pic or will Alistair create a new design for you?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1455821978|3992626 said:
Wait. A. Minute. When did this happen Lovinggems??? Look at that glow :love: :love:

I love the outlines! To be able to combine that stone with hauynes and paraiba melee.
Your question is a difficult one as it is very personal. Personally I would choose outline A because of the sophisticated elegance. A glowy stone like that does not need much. Since I have old lady hands I might also consider outline B for a little more ring coverage.
Personally I would not consider C for this special center stone. The stone is too special to be overwhelmed.

There is no ugly option here though, so just listen to your heart. Now I am off to the Paraiba and Cuprian tourmaline thread to post your stone. Do you also have a pic of the melee?

Thank you Acinom, I feel much more reassured after hearing your thoughts. I don't have a photo yet with the stones together but if I receive it I'll post it on the paraiba /Cuprian thread. Also your hand showcase your rings nicely!

Since the AUD is very low at the moment, maybe you should consider picking up your future projects in person. :halo:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1455822187|3992628 said:
picante27|1455817861|3992604 said:

You did!!! Is it for a pair of dangling earrings or studs? I love his 'ear jewelry'. Do you have an inspiration pic or will Alistair create a new design for you?

I really like his floret design, so I was thinking a pair of stud earrings set that way would be beautiful. But, I am not opposed to a small pair of dangles either, so I guess it will depend on his quotes. I bought a pair of Mozambique garnets form Yvonne when she had the sale going on. They are a nice grape purple color that matches my JW pendant really well, so I'm excited to have them set :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please keep us updated to the max picante :appl:
Your grapy stones from Yvonne sound delicious. Do you have a photo?
Looking forward to see what Alistair comes up with. The floret design for the studs is so amazing and I can just see a dangly version just hanging right under the earlobe :love:

_2062.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Yes! delicate little drop earrings with the garnets set in that beautiful floret design! That would be so pretty. I'm still waiting for a response and will be sure to update!

20160219_130901-1_perfectlyclear.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1455905808|3992970 said:
Yes! delicate little drop earrings with the garnets set in that beautiful floret design! That would be so pretty. I'm still waiting for a response and will be sure to update!

Ooh! Your garnets are so pretty picante. I love these. They will shine in the Floret design.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I came back to share the beautiful design that Alistair came up with for my drop earrings (with his permission). He has been very quick with his responses to my emails and sent me this lovely "rough sketch" after I gave him a vague idea of what I had in mind. His drawing is so much better than anything I could've dreamt up! He took into account everything I asked for, like screw backs and to have the stones be articulated and able to move, and I love the clean lines and elegant design he came up with. They will be made in 18k white gold. I'm planning to start the project early this summer and am really looking forward to working with Alistair!

screenshot_2016-02-24-11-32-59-1.png

20160219_130901-1_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous design from Alistair picante. I love the clean lines and elegance. These earrings will be so special, yet super wearable. I am looking forward to see how this unfolds. Thanks for sharing the fabulous design :wavey: :wavey:

And indeed, I love his 'sketches'. They are pieces of art in itself.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1457280139|4000557 said:
What a gorgeous design from Alistair picante. I love the clean lines and elegance. These earrings will be so special, yet super wearable. I am looking forward to see how this unfolds. Thanks for sharing the fabulous design :wavey: :wavey:

And indeed, I love his 'sketches'. They are pieces of art in itself.

Agreed, Acinom--what he calls sketches are just incredible! So "real" looking and gives a great sense of what the piece will look like in real life. Picante I am so excited to follow this design--can't wait to see how it turns out!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the sketches. Those will be great earrings.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
So many stunning pieces in this thread! I love them all!

More photos please!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1459419928|4013583 said:
So many stunning pieces in this thread! I love them all!

More photos please!

Happy to oblige ricezo :lol:. I have not posted my new Alistair Kelsey ring yet.
I have asked him for his inspiration for this ring:

"My influence for this piece was the bold belly
of the stone and it’s beautiful facets, but also
to contrast with a liquid flow. I wanted the lines
to roll off each other and connect each surface
with a shadow line, and for the ring to feel rich
and full."

_2706.jpeg

_2707.jpeg

_2708.jpeg

_2709.jpeg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Looking forward to hand shots when it arrives.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm popping in to share this "rough sketch" for my blue topaz cut by Doug a few years ago. I sent a few photos of rings with features that I like to Alistair, and he came up with this! So easy! One day, I'll become a more modern girl, but for now, still feeling vintage-y.

Any other additions to this thread? Works in progress?

Acinom - I commented in your other thread, but I really love Radiance! Hand shots soon?

ak_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ricezo/siameseroo and Loves Vintage!!! AK is working on yet another ring for me and they will be shipped together.

Loves Vintage: what a stunning design!!!! :love: :love: :love: Will you start the process right away? I am looking forward to see the result.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I just realised I forgot to post AK's design for my Sunstone Iolite:
I love the design and the fact that it's outside my usual comfor zone.

_2947.jpeg

_87.gif

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Acinom
I never knew that combo of stone existed.
The finished product should be phenomenal.
But then, I don't think I have seen any of your ring executions not be exceptional.....
What karat rose gold are you going with? As in how pink is the alloy you are wanting?
Can't wait to see this one.....

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow lovesvintage!! I am so excited about your project! I rarely see AK use diamond melee (other than for wedding sets on his site), so I am excited to watch how it turns out :) also his sketches are always incredible so I love seeing them!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to ask what kind of metal you will use for your beautiful ring Loves Vintage. AK's sketches are such pieces of art. I cannot wait to see the fnished ring.

Thank you for your kind words Rfisher!!! Alistair will use 18k RG for the ring.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Acinom - Yes, starting right away. 18k WG. The sunstone iolite is exceptional. My daughter would be all over that stone! And, WOW to that ring design. Will you do the solid RG sections (listed as optional)? ETA: Where did you find the Sunstone Iolite?

Hi LovesDogs - Thank you! I know, I love seeing his sketches too! So funny that he calls them rough sketches.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1460663567|4019346 said:
Hi Acinom - Yes, starting right away. 18k WG. The sunstone iolite is exceptional. My daughter would be all over that stone! And, WOW to that ring design. Will you do the solid RG sections (listed as optional)? ETA: Where did you find the Sunstone Iolite?

Hi LovesDogs - Thank you! I know, I love seeing his sketches too! So funny that he calls them rough sketches.

Yay for starting right away!! Your stone will look so beautiful in 18K WG. Your setting will be very Art Deco :love:

My Sunstone Iolite is sourced by Brad (Bradley Payne of TheGemTrader). I indeed will do the solid gold sections.

_3050.jpeg

_3051.jpeg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am liking the continued things on this thread. Thinking I might change directions with my chrysoberyl reset.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell us more about what you're thinking, Packrat. And, can you post photos of your chrysoberyl?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I don't even know what I'm thinking now! I will get on Jd's laptop and post links to the stone. I don't know how to do it from my phone. I like bezels/semi bezels...but I don't want it to be super similar to my bezel three stone either. I love the setting its in currently, 'specially bc I came up with it myself, but it's silver and I want gold, and I thought to have something a little less bulky on the sides. Not that it's horribly huge or anything...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results