shape
carat
color
clarity

The ACA is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picked up the package from FedEx less than an hour ago...ran out to the car and tore madly at the 5000 layers of wrapping. Finally get to the box, open up another 50 things and there it is. Literally the first words out of my mouth where 'Holy Shit!'.
9.gif
The thing is amazing. AMAZE-ING. It's bigger than I thought it would be and the scintillation on this thing is fabulous. I was looking at it in the car...in sunlight and man...my diamond never looked like that! It threw off tons of sparkles and rainbows and was in general just absolutely gorgeous.
16.gif
Wrapped it back up, brought it to work, unwrapped it again, and started to play with the toys. Louped it first...oh no is that a black inclusion? No...just dust. WHEW. Then did the H&A viewer and showed it to a coworker/friend....oooh...ahhh..we love it.
love.gif

For those of you who missed the details, check out the original thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-soon-to-be-new-aca.11703/

Since we just moved into our new place, V-Day this year is going to be slim pickins in terms of presents...so I figured that since Greg thinks that this diamond has already been sent over to the ring company for the manufacturing of his wedding band with the diamond in it...I would have WF send it here under sneaky FedEx cover and surprise him with it on V-Day in leiu of a present. Well I guess it's a present.
2.gif
A really nice sparkly one! The hardest part is going to be saving the surprise til Saturday because I want to show him this thing RIGHT AWAY. Must wait.

So yeah...I am really on a mission now to get all my diamonds replaced by SuperIdeal H&A's. Visual difference between my larger tabled, shallow e-ring and this small sparkler? Huge. Don't get me wrong, my diamond is still beautiful, but this little thing honestly blows it away in certain lightings. Can you imagine a 2c ACA like that?
eek.gif
Oh yeah...Kayla's got one. Brat.
9.gif
Oh and it's really white (F). He's got a better color than any of my stones do...
9.gif
Hmmm more fuel for the upgrade fire.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again to the excellent team at WhiteFlash....especially Brian and Lesley who spent alot of time with me on the phone over what technically is a small purchase for them...and Brian is such a sweetheart, he marked the inclusions on the AGS cert with his comments on how suitable this stone was for the tension setting. Thanks again and again...you guys are the best. And of course..thanks to our fearless leader Leonid...because without him & Pscope I would be at the maul picking up my small piece of frozen but very expensive spit.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Whoo Hoo Mara! It sounds like a beauty! But isn't it a shame how these superideal stones make your old diamonds look shabby? It's just like when you start to redecorate at home. You buy one thing and it looks great but then everything else looks bad and before you know it, you've redone the whole first floor! Okay, your diamond is NOT shabby by any means, but my old one looks worse and worse all the time!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WoooHooo, Mara!!
appl.gif

Now you must be good. Only 3 days now til surprise time. You can do this!! You CAN do this!!
9.gif

WF named em right! A Cut Above. Because they are!!
3.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
Congrat Mara..um..i mean greg! ahaha...you sneaky girl..i see your plan now. your man cant possibly have a little more sparkly diamond than you..no way...so it seems the only answer is to upgrade yours. nice thinking.. :razz: just kidding. i know how much your stone means to you both and you both treasure your ering..but like you said..a little fuel to add to the fire for you future upgrade. congrats again..im sure hes gonna love it!
appl.gif
10.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pick! I have to say, I get TONS of compliments all the time on my ACA.....and the overriding comment is how much it SPARKLES!

It's been two months since I got my ring......and I STILL take a perverse thrill in riding around in the elevators at work so I can see my ring GLOW! hehehehe

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting the ACA Greg, errrrh, Mara.
2.gif

As per Aljdewey,
I've had this diamond now for a few months and I can't get over the sparkle that comes out of it. I have never been more captivated by anything in my life!
2.gif
love.gif
naughty.gif

By the way, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

So glad to hear you love your stone (or, I mean Greg's stone
1.gif
) lol!

Michelle

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
congrats to you and greg, mara! i'm sure he will love the stone.. i can't wait to see pictures of it!

aldjeway, i do that in elevators too! i can't stop staring at my ring! then i look up at the mirrored ceiling and smile..thinking there may be a hidden camera..hehe
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Yahhoo! Hold onto that stone until Saturday and then enjoy! What a great valentine's gift.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Mara...
Congratulations to you and Greg.
appl.gif

What could be more magical than a diamond cut with the greatest precision and that scores 4 EX on the HCA?
Nothing!
love.gif

But...
WE WANT PICS !!!!!!!!
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

2.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Pictures, we want pictures ....
sad.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!
1.gif
The lovely little stone is home now but I can't take any pictures until *someone* isn't around.
2.gif
So hopefully within the next day...I can snap a few and upload them before he gets home from work!
rolleyes.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Don't forget the pendant too, Mara. We haven't seen pics of it since you got it back from Rhino and gang at GOG!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I lied! I managed to sneak some pictures tonite while he was in the other room. Whew...it was tricky but I got some good ones that show off the stone in various lights. LOVE the first one--arrows!
1.gif
Did I mention this stone is a firecracker? Every time I look at it, it gets better.
love.gif

gregaca collage2.JPG

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Seems like your new diamond is very bright...
Who says that cut is not important?
2.gif

Nice beginning but...
MORE EYECANDY !!!
2.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Mara:

It was such fun to work with you and I am so pleased you finally have your ACA! Can't wait to hear Greg's reactions.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh very nice stone! Greg is going to be thrilled!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, Mara!!
love.gif
You captured the fire, the arrows, wonderfully done on the sly!!
love.gif
Can't wait to hear Greg's reaction to your surprise for him!!
2.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone! Your husband is going to love it!

When reading your post, I was surprised that you indicated you want to replace your current e-ring with an ideal cut. Is the difference in light return obvious or do you think it is more of the symmetry?

The reason I ask is that my mom. like you, has a large table diamond and it is a really good performer. In the idealscope, it is nearly all pink and black but you can also tell the symmetry is not very good. I have an ideal cut and the only way you can tell mine sparkles a bit more than hers is if you put them side by side. Otherwise, my mom's would knock your socks off ... and considering my mom has a 1.23 ct that faces up closer to a 1.3 and I have a 0.9ct ... I might just trade her.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it may depend on what you like to look at...my stone is flashy and white brilliant. But Greg's ACA is just hands down stunning in how it appears to capture light and return it. The symmetry is definitely better but his also has a 'sharper' cut glass look inside which may be the better symmetry. His has alot more scintillation than mine and side by side there is absolutely NO contest that his actually catches the eye in an more intriguing way.

I have seen ideals in stores before and even HOF's etc. But this stone...it really does have a great combination that seems to work perfectly for it. I don't know WHAT it could be exactly, but in terms of #'s...this stone was everything I could have hoped for...the angles are spot on for the table, depth....the HCA score got 4 EX's which is not often seen on here, and it was a 1.0 and had a smashing IdealScope image with about 0 leakage (tweaked girdle).

Honestly if I got another stone I'd want it to look just like this new little one. This little one seriously outshines my WAY bigger one in terms of what I can only call 'capturing the eye'.

I am sure that doesn't make as much sense...but it's hard to explain. All I know is that this stone is hands down the best thing I have laid my eyes on and I am SO happy that I found it! For Greg.
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You see Mara... I told you a while ago that small ACA's are dangerous! Looks really great!
9.gif
9.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely stunning stone
3.gif
!

He's gotta love that, congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Giangi...I have even had the thought of keeping this one for myself and getting him another one. NO NO BAD BAD!
9.gif
11.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Mara! This is one thread I probably shouldn't be looking at because all I can think about now is ACA earrings. lol (as if I thought of more productive topics before
2.gif
.)

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust me gal...I hear ya....ACA earrings in martini settings is my new mental obsession (well along with the 10 stone ring...)
rolleyes.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
And,.... possibly a bracelet???!!!
3.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/13/2004 1:12:31 PM Mara wrote:

I know Giangi...I have even had the thought of keeping this one for myself and getting him another one. NO NO BAD BAD!
9.gif
11.gif

----------------

LOL Mara, naughty girl!
naughty.gif

The stone looks dazzling! Congratulations!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great Shots Mara..Congrats on a great stone..Greg will love it..!
2.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/14/2004 9:56:14 AM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

Great Shots Mara..Congrats on a great stone..Greg will love it..!
2.gif
----------------

If Mara gives it to him!
naughty.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

I had actually been contemplating PM'ing you to ask you how you felt your new Regent compares visually as far as fire, scintillation, and brilliance goes, to your shallower cut engagement diamond. Now with this post about Greg's ACA, you have answered my question. So there really is a difference between a hearts and arrows stone and one like yours. I was very interested in hearing you comments, as it's been something I've been curious about for a while.

Cool.

Daniela

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results