shape
carat
color
clarity

the "6 C-s" - ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sixstrrzr

Rough_Rock

The 6 C''s are the 4 C''s plus, 2 more - click & credit card.

I am considering buying a stone direct from one of the several vendors you all have recommended me in my "Full Court Press" thread.

1. Is the best way to choose a diamond to call & talk to a real person on one of these sites? I feel better doing this, as opposed to point & click ordering of a $5k stone.

2. Do these net sites have mountings also? I''d like to get the stone in some sort of "basic" setting for presentation to my girlfriend - then maybe pick out the setting she wants.

3. As a novice diamond buyer, is it best that I have the stone I am interested in sent to a local appraiser for my viewing and certification (not sure if that''s the right term)? Is this expensive and time-consuming to do?

4. Do these Net dealers have reasonable return policies?

Thanks so much...

- Geoff

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Whatever site that you go through will have the return policy very clearly stated and yes of course you can get the setting too. What vendor are you going through? I''m sure it will have all that information. Also I would highly recommend that you call the vendors directly to get more in-depth information.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

#1. Absolutely. You''ll usually want to know more about the diamond and the fastest way to ask is to call and talk to the vendor.

#2. Yes. Most have various settings and I believe all have plain settings.

#3. Yes. Having an appraiser look at the diamond first is always a good thing. Prices can vary from $75 to $150 depending upon the size of the stone. It will not take long and the vendors can ship the diamond directly to the appraiser of your choice.

#4. Most do. Some have a 7 day policy while others have a 30 day policy. Each one is different.

sixstrrzr

Rough_Rock

Thanks for your help - I appreciate it.

How do I find and choose an appraiser?

Call a local jeweler?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you go to the top of the page and hit "Resources" there''s a list of appraisers.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Look under the "resources" section at the top of this page. It has some information on appraisers and appraisals.

kgressler

Rough_Rock

IS this the entire list? There isnt one listed within 300-400 miles of me?There has to be more then just those listed......Isnt there?

7.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock

sixstrrzr....I would definitely call and talk to the vendor if I were you. That way you can get all of your questions answered in one phone call. You will also get a feel with who your working with and if they are right for you. Most online vendors have MANY ring designs to offer as well as good return policies. There are also online vendors that can recommend a good appraiser for you to consider as well. So call around. I''m sure that each and every company listed here on PS would love to help. Good luck.

9.gif

sixstrrzr

Rough_Rock

Josh & others,

Thanks - I located a local appraiser who also gave me some answers to my questions - she also thinks highly of all the PS vendors, and you all, too!

30.gif

Well, here goes - time to do a search.

I might throw a few choices up on RR to see what y''all think.

- G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results