shape
carat
color
clarity

The 5 pieces you would leave behind

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 5, well 4 because no 5 is somewhere and I’m not too fussed.
1. Lovely emerald cluster earrings.
I’ve owned these over 20 years and worn them twice. Both time I wore them I lost an emerald out of them. I haven’t gone for 3rd time lucky.
2. Gorgeous Opal Cluster ring.
This inherited ring not only catches on your own clothes and hair it will also somehow manage to catch itself on a strangers clothes. Very embarrassing and nearly took my finger off.
3. Petite Smoky Quartz and Garnet bracelet. So petite is the clasp that despite oh, 1,000 attempts, I’ve never been able to actually wear it.
4. Diamond Bow brooch.
Words fail me here, the workmanship and quality of diamonds is first class but it is beyond ugly. Another early inherited piece which I am obliged to wear on occasion ugh. When Mum goes to God this will be fast tracked to someone, somewhere else.
5. When I find it.
Great concept, expensive execution and disappointing result.
An Iolite brooch conversion to a necklace. My fat neck means it only ever turns upside down and that’s not a look.
IMG_9712.jpeg IMG_9715.jpeg IMG_9717.jpeg IMG_9718.jpeg IMG_9719.jpeg IMG_9714.jpeg

why are almost all bracelet clasps so hard to undo ? :(2

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my YG diamond tennis necklace as I never wear it.
IMG_4502.jpg
My YG diamond tennis bracelet, never wear that either.
IMG_7502 (1).JPG
My broach to bangle conversion, although I love it, never wear it.
wearing2.JPG
This ring. No idea why I bought it.
IMG_7509.jpg
And the diamond in this ring. I should have returned it but didn't. Flat as a pancake with a window. So made a ring anyway but don't really like it.
IMG_6053.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4502.jpg
IMG_7502 (1).JPG
wearing2.JPG
IMG_7509.jpg
And the diamond in this ring. I should have returned it but didn't. Flat as a pancake with a window. So made a ring anyway but don't really like it.
IMG_6053.JPG

Your honesty is refreshing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_4502.jpg
IMG_7502 (1).JPG
wearing2.JPG
IMG_7509.jpg
IMG_6053.JPG

this is quite a sad thread isnt it ? :confused:
a lot of broken dreams:cry2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is quite a sad thread isnt it ? :confused:
a lot of broken dreams:cry2:

Well, yes and no. Maybe for some, but not for me. The tennis bracelet was purchased at least 30 years ago and I did wear it then. The multi-diamond ring, probably 15 years ago. Maybe I liked then but don't like it now. The tennis necklace would probably be worn, but I'm not working anymore and don't even think to put it on. The pancake diamond is a lesson learned to return things (which I never do). So all in all, not really sad for me. And lives change, tastes evolve. And sometimes you just love something (bangle for me) even though it really isn't your style and you don't wear bracelets......

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, yes and no. Maybe for some, but not for me. The tennis bracelet was purchased at least 30 years ago and I did wear it then. The multi-diamond ring, probably 15 years ago. Maybe I liked then but don't like it now. The tennis necklace would probably be worn, but I'm not working anymore and don't even think to put it on. The pancake diamond is a lesson learned to return things (which I never do). So all in all, not really sad for me. And lives change, tastes evolve. And sometimes you just love something (bangle for me) even though it really isn't your style and you don't wear bracelets......

good to hear !
i must say despite the money lost, i felt really good about scrapping some uglies that were weighing me down earlier this year

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Halo wasn’t pink enough.

1717729156119.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4502.jpg
IMG_7502 (1).JPG
wearing2.JPG
IMG_7509.jpg
IMG_6053.JPG

"I never wear it" - Pragmatism re jewelry; I love it.

"No idea why I bought it" - Pragmatism re self; I love it even more!

I'm not able to access my jewelry right now, but if I could, the reason behind getting rid of each piece would be the same: "Lost interest." All of them are/would be projects for which I lost motivation. I go back from time to time and look at my little stash of gems, and they're nice to play with and I enjoy that, so I keep them. But - take it to the next level and actually design something and get them set? Yaaaaaaawn.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results