shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks White Flash!!

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Finally got the replacement diamond for my wife, well at least a temporary replacement. Some may recall my wife chipped her diamond while in Maui on our 20th anniversary. We have had jewlers mutual for 20 years. Her diamond was a 1.01 F VS1. Not sure of the exact cut grade as we got married in 1995 before AGS, doing the math to get the other specs looks like it was a AGS 0 or 1 by just a hair, it was a awesome rock. So we file a claim with JM and we attempted to have our local jewler find me a super ideal. Well after 3 months the only thing close was a AGS 0 with 0 light performance grade, but it was a 1.54 G VS2, nothing wrong with that, but was on the edges of the super ideal range and I like FVS1 and that's what she had before and her other diamonds are fvs1, so why mess up a good thing. We decided to increase the size and pay the difference but I have had a heck of a time finding a 1.50 - 1.60 F VS1 super ideal. After 3 months JM was wanting to resolve the claim and move on, I guess they can't keep a claim open until I find a perfect diamond.

So enter Whiteflash. Now I had spoken to them early on in the search have but wanted to give the local guy a chance, he sold us the original diamond. WF was very helpful and offered assistance if I could not find the right diamond locally. Now realizing I could not keep the claim open much longer we had to make a decision fast. So then I asked Vera and Brittany about the lifetime trade up policy, and we were assured that if we just replaced our damaged diamond with a ACA 1.035 FVS 1 they had in stock we could close our claim and continue to look for the perfect 1.50 ACA diamond! Win, win! So I got the diamond today, triple boxed, the presentation box, tools, etc was somthing I was not prepared for, very professional!!! I have a H&A viewer and IS, 10 and 20x loupes, I was set! So the big question, was there a difference between ideal cut and super ideal cut diamonds.

I cleaned off the table and prepared all my inspection tools, in a word, WOW! I can't believe how much punch this ACA diamond has. I got my wife's .60ct AGS 000 pendant to compare, it's a really, really nice stone but the ACA did have a bit more punch to it. I am pretty impressed, those wondering if there is a difference, there is. Now I am very OCD, and look at things much closer than most people, but I am now a true believer. Thanks WF!! I am not mounting this stone, will keep it locked up in the safe until the 1.5ct F VS1 lands at WF.

Props to Vera and Brittney, closed the claim in a couple days, and very,very helpful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! ACAs are great stones! Smart way to do it! I hope they get one in soon. Prices are low now and that may not be the case for long.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished ring!

ssgg

Rough_Rock
:clap:

maybe one of these days when I can afford it, I will buy an ideal cut stone from whiteflash or brian gavin to see the difference.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great! Thank you for sharing. I have always found WF to be helpful and the ACAs are wonderful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats wonderful! Congrats on your new temp stone!!!

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
Awesome! ACAs are great stones! Smart way to do it! I hope they get one in soon. Prices are low now and that may not be the case for long.
Diamond prices in half carats actually increased last Friday. It would start to get incorporated soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results