shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks to Martin at USAcerted and thanks to Pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
I have found a ring!

For the past couple of weeks I have been asking questions and studying these forums as I went about my hunt for the perfect engagement ring for my girlfriend. At first I was dealing with an independant jeweler in the diamond district in NY (Steven at SH Zell and Sons) and all in all he was great--honest and friendly and tried hard to get me what I wanted. His prices were competitive but he could not fit what I really wanted into my tight budget although I would certainly reccomed him to anyone who wants to go to a full service booth in the diamond district.

After some great advice from many of you (particularly Mara) I got a PM from baltneu who suggested that I try the Pscope vendors--many of whom I could see in person here in NYC. I took this advice and talked to Mark at Engagement Rings Direct and Martin at USACerted Diamonds.

Mark was very nice and showed me a ring with ideal specs (with a Sarin report at my request) at a great price but for some reason I was not blown away by the ring. I still had an appointment with Martin of USACerted's wholesaler so I held out until I could see the stone.

First off, Martin was amazingly reassuring, calm and straightforward on the phone--his voice exudes honesty. Truly a pleasure to find when Diamond hunting. He told me that I would be impressed with his wholesaler in NYC and sure enough, when I went there, I was. The guy was at the top of the food chain in the diamond district and pulled out a stack of certs to find me exactly what I was looking for. As I sipped my espresso, he found me a stone that was what I was looking for to the last detail. The only problem was that he had it out at one of his vendors and needed to call it in. The price was a bit above what I had intended to pay, but he came down to something I could afford because in his words, "I do this to make people happy." I suspect that is why Martin works with him because they both seem to share that philosophy in life.

As I waited for the stone, Martin followed up and made sure that it would be there in time for me to get it when I wanted it. Martin assured me that there would be no problems and that it would be there. Yesterday I went to see the stone and yes, it was there and it was amazing. Before I went to the office, they emailed me the Sarin numbers which were all ideal (HCA 1.6).

The stone sparkled with light and colors unlike any of the stones I had seen in my weeks of searching. I looked at it under the loupe and I noticed that it looked like it may have H&A. I mentioned this to one of the people I was working with (all of whom were a pleasure to deal with) and he promptly brought over a H&A viewer. Sure enough, Hearts and Arrows on the unbranded stone! To top it off, this SI2 was totally eye clean, without any inclusions under the table--only a bunch of minor ones off of it.

All I needed now was a setting. I was then passed on to the company's jeweler who again was a pleasure to deal with. Since it was late in the day, the dealer he wanted to get my setting from was closed so I came back today. The jeweler went and brought back some settings for me to choose from. I chose a beautiful six prong Tiffany style with a knife edge from Ingwer. He then took me to the workshop where the ring would be set. An hour and a half later, I returned to the wholesaler's office and picked up the beautiful ring. Here are the stats:

I SI2
1.08 Carats
Symmetry: EX
Polish: EX
Diam: 6.615mm
Depth: 4.05mm 61.2%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavil Angle: 40.9
Table: 3.78mm 57%
Culet: 0.8%
Girdle: Thin to Medium

If anyone is ever looking for a great price on a high quality ring with great service every step of the way, don't hesitate to consider Martin and USACerted diamonds for your purchase. And no, he is not paying me in any way (aside from getting me a great ring) to say all of this, I am doing it out of sincere gratitude. Pictures to come!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! So happy this turned out well for you Ben...please do post pictures and I am very glad that my two cents (or a dollar) of advice helped you out.
1.gif
Congratulations!! Kudos to Martin and USA CertEd as well for pulling off a great find!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The ring sounds lovely, Ben!! Many preCongrats on the upcoming Engagement!!
appl.gif

Do post pics when you get a chance. You know we all love eye candy here!!
love.gif

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the congratulations. I took pictures yesterday and am getting them developed and will post ASAP. Its funny when I read posts from people who claim that you can't go as low as I color or SI2 clarity. My sister has a VS2 G color round brilliant (not-ideal cut) and when I held them next to each other mine sparkled way more because of the cut. Because it had so much more light reflecting she even thought mine was a better color. As others on this forum have said before, I agree that cut is the most important thing.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your purchase..Can't wait to see pic's..
21.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It has killer numbers! I bet it's a ball of fire!
9.gif
Congrats, and post pics ASAP!
2.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Ben, lets see the pics! Bill

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
I got the photos back and here are some of them. They dont show the ring that well so I am going to have to work on getting tighter shots. Here is what I have...

photocd00016.jpg

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
Here is another...

photocd00014.jpg

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Its a beautiful looking ring, Ben. Your babe will love it and tell her how hard you worked to get her the right stone and all your hard work. Best of luck

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Ben! I am assuming you went up to see someone at 580? I met with him too, and the expresso is a nice touch. Martin is wonderful to work with and very caring! They are great over there, and I wish you the best of luck with your lovely ring and your bride-to-be! All the best to you both, and post pics on her hand too! More close ups!!!
love.gif
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!
1.gif

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Wow.

You actually had time to take pictures, (scan them and downlaod them) of your ring specifically for this forum. Either your work for the vendor you mentioned or you are a very particular person.

Good Luck

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/15/2004 7:29:08 PM Greatcall wrote:

Wow.

You actually had time to take pictures, (scan them and downlaod them) of your ring specifically for this forum. Either your work for the vendor you mentioned or you are a very particular person.

Good Luck----------------

Don't a lot of people do that on this forum? Why does that make him a particular person? ??

Anyway, I think the ring is spectacular! Congrats on your upcoming engagement!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's that old saying...if you don't have anything nice to say....GO AWAY?
naughty.gif

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
----------------

Wow.

Good Luck----------------

Yes, I actually had the time to take pictures. Wow. You are a great detective. If you must know, the pictures are part of my proposal idea and I did not have to scan them. The place where I develop them gives me a photo CD. If you are that interested in exposing me then you can check my old threads and you will see how I did my homework on this forum before I bought this ring and do not work for anyone in the industry. I am a particular person and in particular I dont like having totally baseless accusations hurled at me by someone who doesn't take to time to even think about what they are saying.
angryfire.gif

Thank you to everyone else for your congratulations. I am giving it to her tonight.
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

----------------

Wow.

Good Luck
----------------

Are you kidding?! WHEN I get mine, I will take pictures on my DIGITAL camera, connect that baby to my computer, and download them to the Show me the Ring Forum IMMEDIATELY. I think it might take me less than 7 minutes, and that's only because I will take quite a few in different lighting! Sadly, I do not work for a retailer or cutter or wholesaler, or anyone diamond related, but once you get into this little "hobby", you are addicted!

love.gif

Ben, CONGRATS!!! I know they did a good job and I was sad that they didn't have the stone I wanted. I was impressed by their work as well and they are wonderful! All the best to you and your girl!
9.gif

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 12:08:46 PM Nicrez wrote:

----------------

Wow.

Good Luck
----------------

Are you kidding?! WHEN I get mine, I will take pictures on my DIGITAL camera, connect that baby to my computer, and download them to the Show me the Ring Forum IMMEDIATELY. I think it might take me less than 7 minutes, and that's only because I will take quite a few in different lighting! Sadly, I do not work for a retailer or cutter or wholesaler, or anyone diamond related, but once you get into this little 'hobby', you are addicted!

love.gif

Ben, CONGRATS!!! I know they did a good job and I was sad that they didn't have the stone I wanted. I was impressed by their work as well and they are wonderful! All the best to you and your girl!
9.gif

----------------

Thank you and yes, Martin did send you to the same people I went to. Sorry that they didn't have the stone you wanted. Searching for the perfect stone is an exhausting experience.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Ben
If you are proposing tonite, let us know how it went and the great details. She will flip over the ring!

BenNYC

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 3:02:10 PM baltneu wrote:

Ben
If you are proposing tonite, let us know how it went and the great details. She will flip over the ring!----------------

Yes, I did propose and she was totally surprised and thrilled. She went gaga over the ring and hasnt stopped beaming since I gave it to her. Of course the ring is only a symbol of our commitment and we are both very excited for that more than anything else.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------

Wow.

Good Luck
----------------

Buddy, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Every time you come here, you trash other people and make snide comments.

Mara has taken as least a BAZILLION pictures of her stone in different lighting. I've got a file of MY pics that could choke a horse! Further, look at the "show me the ring" file - *everyone* and their grandmother has pictures posted in there. Newsflash: people get EXCITED when they get their ring, and they want to show it off to others who appreciate diamonds the way they do themselves.

Your attitude is really wearing thin here. If PS is so damn distasteful to you, find someplace else to go. Otherwise, knock it off.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/18/2004 7:58:49 AM aljdewey wrote:

Mara has taken as least a BAZILLION pictures of her stone in different lighting.

----------------

At LEAST.

9.gif

I finally had to separate out my massive amounts of stone pictures into separate folders..one for e-ring, one for Greg's stone, and one for the Regent.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results