shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks to all and one last one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candide

Rough_Rock
Hi all-

Thanks to everyone for the great education. I can honestly say that without this forum I would have had an expensive dog on my hands. Several of you saved me (twice) from getting sucked into bluffs, steep/deep, etc.

I think I have it narrowed down. Curious what you thought on this one. It is amazing to me that for AGS it is 2 and AGA it is 2A, but so darn good on HCA. I earlier had an AGS 1 that had a real steep/deep problem, and you all saved me.

Here she goes.... is this price reasonable, higher than average, or lower? (8384/carat). Will the thin girdle make it hard/dangerous to set this large of a stone? What size trill. do people think would be good for this in terms of ratio?

2.86 H VS2 GIA Cert
9.29*9.34*5.54
Table % 55.7
Depth % 59.5
Crown angle 33.2 degrees / 14.8%
Pavil angle 40.7 degrees / 42.5%
Culet 0.6
Girdle Thin, faceted

Thanks again so much..... I think this is the one... curious what you think
Jon

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Candide, Price sounds good. Diamond with a bit shallow crown shold have less light leakage and better spread.

There is a good chance you are getting more beauty for the money
1.gif

[/u]

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Jon, you might have hit on a winner here.

As Leonid said, stones with this crown/pavilion angle relationship have less light leakage and larger diameters. They tend to look great. This particular diamond has the "spread" of a 3 carat, with a good crown height and nice pavilion angle/depth.

The price looks good, although I always recommend that consumers give haggling a try. You've got nothing to lose, and you'll always know the dealer is at his lowest price if he's willing to let you walk rather than drop any further.

My computer's slow in crunching numbers right now, so I don't have a POSSIBLE Light Return Analysis for you, but I'll post the POSSIBLE simulated IdealScope image for you to take a look at. Looks promising, doesn't it?

I'll get those numbers to you later. They look great thus far.

For trillions, your fiancee's hand will determine to a certain extent the size you use. I would recommend somewhere in the .33 to .50 each range, depending on her finger size. If it were me, I'd stay in the 0.38 carat each range, which gives you a great look but keeps you in a reasonable price range.

Make sure you avoid trillions that are so thin they look "glassy". There's a lot of those around.

Don't worry too much about the thin girdle. It's not as ideal as a medium girdle, but a good setter won't have any problem with it. It's really the extremely thin and sometimes very thin girdles which tend to chip over time (if banged around).

I dedicate this simulated image to Brad & Rhino...

2.86 RBC- Jon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results