shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks sooo much PS! Finally got my stone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deggles

Rough_Rock
Thank you soooo much to everyone involved in this forum. After several months of research, much of it coming from Price Scope, I have finally picked my stone. I saw it for the first time at the appraiser today and it is absolutely stunning!! It absolutely blinded me in the sunlight, it really moves. After all the stress surrounding the diamond purchase process, I''m ecstatic that I got such a great stone! Thank you all! I''ll put up some pictures in the "Show me the ring" folder when I set the stone. Here are the specs:

1.11ct Round Brilliant ''A Cut Above'' H&A
Color: G (appraiser said it was closer to F)
Clarity: SI1 (eye clean)
Table: 56%
Depth: 60.7%
Crown: 35.0%
Pavilion: 40.6%
HCA Score: 0.7
Price: $6,600

Diamond Norm.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great, congrats and please do post pix in the SMTR!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, looks like a beauty to me!! Congratulations on a job well done!! Can''t wait to see the pics when it gets set.
36.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Nice, Beautiful stone..
21.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Nice job. can''t wait to see it set.What type setting are you using?

deggles

Rough_Rock
I''ve got it narrowed down to the following two settings, what do you guys think?

2 options.JPG

gee5088

Rough_Rock
Hi Deggles,

Looks like a FANTABULICIOUS (sorry guys, just loving that word) stone, congratulations on a fine choice!!!
36.gif

As for the setting, both are equally beautiful. Personally, I''m curious about the width of both pieces. Does your soon-to-be fi have long, slender fingers or small, petite fingers (like mine, size 5.5-btw, how do so MANY of you other ladies out there have such SMALL ring sizes, feel like I have fat sausages for fingers now)? I''m asking because I''ve tried MANY rings on and have found that the x-prong style is too wide for my fingers, making them appear short and stubby. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I think both will showcase the diamond beautifully, but just thought I''d add my two cents...

Don''t forget to post in SMTR ASAP!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
21.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome diamond! :}
I like the lower height of the first setting better.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signedpieces uses a version of the second (that's the basic model at Cartier too, I think) that looks pretty darn nice.

Perhaps a bit lower than the WF version in your post, but that is hard to tell since each ring turns up a bit different. A good finish on either setting would make a simple, classic ring.

I would prefer the first setting to have the crossed prongs made of platinum wire rather than cast in place, so that the crossing looks realistic... but that is pretty much a matter of prefference, there are lots of rings faking the cross-prong look through carving. Any difference is more obvious to the wearer (from the sides and the back of the ring), than anyone looking at the ring on hand.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful stone. you can''t go wrong with any of those settings....they are all very classy.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results