shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks pricescope! MarkT cushion, Leon setting, Quest band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soprano87

Rough_Rock
I have been remiss in posting my thanks to this board for educating my husband and me on the wonderful world of diamonds and custom settings! We started looking at rings in 2005, and I couldn''t find a thing I liked. I knew I liked the cushion shape a lot, but I couldn''t find them anywhere, and I couldn''t find a setting I liked. Most of them just bored me to tears.

Enter pricescope :)

My boyfriend and I went to visit Mark T in April ''06. He spent two hours with us, teaching us all about cushions. He was incredibly helpful, patient, and informative. We knew we''d go with Mark at that point. We continued to look for settings, but I just couldn''t find anything I was happy with. Behind my back, my BF was working with Mark on a stone; they put it in a temporary setting, and I was completely shocked when he proposed in May.

I then got to work looking for settings I liked, and I kept coming back to a solitaire. When I found pictures of Leon''s wonderful simple work, I decided to meet with him. I saw pictures of tiger007''s EW RHR, and I loved the basket on that. I went down to meet with Leon in NY. Again, very helpful, very knowledgeable. We worked out the details, and in a month, my new e-ring was shipped to me! (That was a lonnnnnng month!)

For the wedding band, we decided to go with Quest. We had moved from Boston to DC during that time, and while I love Leon''s work, Quest was 20 minutes from our place, the price was great, and they offer a lifetime guarantee on pave. Pete was great to work with -- we sketched out the things I liked about some things I''d seen, he pulled up pictures of slight changes he thought would work nicely, and then he made slight changes to have it work well with my e-ring.

All in all, I can highly recommend Mark Turnowski, Leon Mege, and Pete at Quest Jewelers.

And now for the pictures! The first few are from Leon...

ksm lm 1.jpg

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Here''s another view from Leon, along with my stone specs:

shape: cushion brilliant
measurements: 7.02 x 6.16 x 4.24 mm
weight: 1.51 carat
depth: 68.8%
table: 66%
girdle: thin to very thick, faceted
culet: none
polish: very good
symmetry: good
clarity: VS2
color: G
fluorescence: none

ksm lm 2.jpg

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Last from Leon...

ksm lm 3.jpg

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Together with the band...

ksm ring 1.jpg

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Ready for my close up!

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Close up, take two...

ksm ring 2.jpg

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Sparkly!

ksm ring 4.jpg

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Fun with color!

ksm ring 3.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow...ah ah ah....wow.
36.gif
I am loving that!! You got a Leon, a Mark, and a Quest?
36.gif
Well, la te da!!! Aren't you something? No...the rings...they are something LOVELY!!!

More more more photos. We need more photos.

DKS

PS. My last name really isn't KNOB...it starts with a W. I love that head!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Beautiful!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! Mark is the best, isnt he? I have never worked with Leon, but hope to someday.....
2.gif

Your rings are absolutely beautiful. Enjoy them and wear them in the best of health!!!
36.gif

annie121

Rough_Rock
Very, very pretty! And I absolutely love the basket!!
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, now that is perfection!!!! What fabulous choices you made, they are gorgeous!!!
18.gif
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love the double claw!!!
30.gif
30.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Oh. My. God. Gorgeous!!! I love, love, love your set! Hey, would you mind sharing a few details? (if you''re comfortable doing so, that is
1.gif
) Do you know how wide the shank on the engagement ring is? Also, could you give a ballpark figure on how much the Leon ring setting is? Just wondering how it compares in price to his basic solitaire setting. Thanks for any info you can provide! Sorry to be so nosy!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way they set the solitaire. Very classic but not boring.
36.gif

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words!! We''re very happy with how it all turned out, and we have all of you to thank!

Date: 10/24/2007 3:17:43 PM
Author: lizardofaz
Oh. My. God. Gorgeous!!! I love, love, love your set! Hey, would you mind sharing a few details? (if you''re comfortable doing so, that is
1.gif
) Do you know how wide the shank on the engagement ring is? Also, could you give a ballpark figure on how much the Leon ring setting is? Just wondering how it compares in price to his basic solitaire setting. Thanks for any info you can provide! Sorry to be so nosy!

Lizard, the shank is 1.8mm. I originally wanted to go slightly wider, and taper in, but Leon sold me on this, and I love the simplicity of it. Esp b/c my hands are small, I''m glad that it''s so narrow. My wedding band is slightly over 2mm. The Leon setting was $1600, I think. I''m not sure how it compares... Kind of nuts, given that''s near what we paid for the Quest pave band! But it''s totally worth it, b/c I love love love the quality craftsmanship and uniqueness of the setting!

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the info! I love the way your band looks next to the e-ring - does it fit fairly flush? Congrats on such a beautiful set of rings!
36.gif

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 6:37:12 PM
Author: lizardofaz
Thanks so much for the info! I love the way your band looks next to the e-ring - does it fit fairly flush? Congrats on such a beautiful set of rings!
36.gif

You''re welcome! I hope it''s helpful.

It doesn''t fit flush, but I prefer it that way. I didn''t want anything super matchy-matchy. That said, I think there''s a max of 2mm between them; the pics above are a pretty good representation of how they look on my finger. Pete at Quest intentionally created the band so that it would be a bit lower than the ''W'' on the e-ring basket - and therefore, not rub up against it all day long. It does touch a bit, but it really doesn''t rub up against the e-ring.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! I love the "Fun with color!" photo. You should make it into a giant poster and frame it. Now that''s artwork!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! You can''t beat a Leon solitaire, that''s for sure!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2007 8:11:13 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Very beautiful! You can''t beat a Leon solitaire, that''s for sure!
HI:

Ain''t that the truth!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
AWESOME soprano!

Love,
Your fave DC Nestie & date twin :)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Its breath taking!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG

That is really the perfect setting! As much as I love the Boston Jeff version of this, the basket/prongs on yours are just divine! That is my favorite head! I''ve often wondered how tiger''s head would look on a plain band...The answer is, fantastic. Enjoy!

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Thanks Miss Kristy! See ya on the Nest ;-)

Miranda, thank you! The basket was a priority of mine. I saw so many unremarkable ones when I was looking, that it became a fixation for me to find something pretty and interesting, given I''d be looking at it every day!

Thanks again for all the nice words!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful set! I LOOOVVVEE the band, too!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is a beauty! you have a leon - i love the double claws. congrats and ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results