shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks! Mara, Cut Nut, Rhino and All Others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Idiam

Rough_Rock
After spending the last month following the forum, I had to let you all know what you have done for me. This past Xmas I purchased a pair of "Leo" 0.5C earings for my wife. I was so tantalized with their apparent quality and finally sold on the extra eight facet cut pitch. The Leo''s were far better looking than the others shown at the mall store for comparison. I still think they''re OK and look great. This started my obssesion with diamonds.

I have purched several rings, pendants, and other types of diamond jewelry in the past but had always bought the most C''s for the least C''$. The Leo''s were the first with any type of certification (IGI). I got home with them and immediately went on line and started looking for information on the Leo''s. All searchs brought me to forum''s such as this. And most talked about better for less.

After a couple of weeks of following the discussion on Pricescope, learning the 4 C''s and checking out all of the available tools I realized that I had''nt really seen "good" quality. With an aniversary (#23) comming up Feb 16th, a budget of 3-4K and the need to fullfill my newfound "expertise" I began looking for the right gift.

My wife had talked about a 3 stone ring before Xmas so I first went to Mall Store to look at the Leo 1.0 CTW - $3,999. It looked better than the 1.0 CTW standards for $1,500. I then checked loose prices on the web and came up with a plan for a 1.0+ CTW 3 stone within the same budget. I went to a local jeweler who I trust with repairs and cleaning and had him order two sets of stones one SI1,G-H and one VS1,G-H. He had them in two days and must have had Mara on the mind. The SI1 were Ideal cut and the VS1 were just at the limits but not considered Ideal (Table 60.5% Depth 57.7%) Same Price. The SI were 1.01 CTW and the VS1 1.13 CTW with Mara''s top heavy look. They all looked great but the shallow VS1''s stood out by there appearant size, clarity and brilliance. I bought the VS1''s. When I picked the ring up I was astounded by the 12.5 MM strip of fire and ice on this ring. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife will be thrilled.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! It is very easy to become addicted to gems as many of us know.
1.gif

Another one 'turned' over to the brilliant side...hee hee. I am sure your wife will adore her ring and it must feel good to know you definitely got the most bang for your buck!

While there is much to be said for 'ideal' stones, personally I am now intrigued by the more shallow stones with the larger spread. My stone looks better than all I have seen in person so far, brighter, whiter, more sparkle...alot of fire in the right lighting. It's a chameleon, the stone seems to morph depending on the lighting, maybe moreso than an ideal would? I am amazed that my stone is considered an AGS 7, a far cry from an AGS 0. I would love to be able to compare an 'ideal' to my stone, see if I can detect the differences with my naked eye.

Good luck with the presentation of the new ring and thanks for the oh-so kind words!!
1.gif

Idiam

Rough_Rock
Mara:

Have you checked out the new HCA scoring? My .53C IGS Cert. center stone scored 1.9 last week and 2.7 this week. Its funny but it still looks as great as before.

I of the beholder.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes mine originally scored 1.4 or 1.5 on the HCA as a BIC and now it's a 2.3...BOO HOO. But you are right, it looks just as it did before, if not better since I was parted from it for a while as it was being set...absence makes the heart grow fonder?
2.gif

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
Mara,

Yes, it is possible for a wide-table, shallow stones to sparkle close or even more than an Ideal stone. But an ideal stone look good all around. It sparkles in all directions, not just a face up because it has more crown than a shallow stone. An ideal stone is like a model with a great face and a great figure while a shallow stone is like a someone with a pretty face (may be even prettier than some supper models) but doesn't have the nice figure.

Once you look at an ideal stone, you will see why people love them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results