shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks ID Jewelry and Pricescope forums from Australia.

sphell

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to recommend Yekutiel and his company ID Jewelry (www.idjewelryonline.com) as well as thank the Pricescope forums for a great diamond ring buying experience.

I joined up to these forums around 3-4 months ago and have lurked ever since :) I think this might possibly be my first post! I soon realised there was a lot more to choosing a diamond engagement ring than I thought. I learnt SO much from the forums in a short amount of time and the information I accumulated helped me to choose a beautiful ring for my now fiance.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and after having a look for an engagement ring at local stores and not finding anything I was happy with, I decided to buy online. I had read good reports about ID Jewelry from other member's on Pricescope, so I emailed ID and told them what I was after. Keeping in mind I had a budget to stick to, I really wanted to get a GIA graded round brilliant diamond, no less than 1 carat with an excellent cut and as high in the colour and clarity range as I could afford.

From then on I dealt with Yekutiel @ ID, and he was able to find me a GIA graded diamond that suited my budget. He sent me all the relevant information and images and it looked very good. It returned a 1.6 result on the Holloway Cut Advisor which I was pleased with.

The setting I knew my fiance would love was the Vatche Royal Crown Classic in 18k white gold. I really didn't think I would be able to afford this and a GIA graded diamond, but Yekutiel came through for me and gave me a great price. The next step involved shipping the ring from New York to Australia which was a bit nerve racking - however FedEX has a fantastic tracking app and I must have checked it two or three times every day while it was in transit! It was exciting seeing it progress to the next destination every time, and finally when it arrived at Sydney airport I could relax a little bit as I knew it was at least in the country.

I also avoided paying the 5% diamond tax due to the great info I learned on Pricescope about the AUSFTA. This meant I only payed 10% GST. By the way, if you are from Australia and are importing a diamond ring, all you need to do is call a FedEX broker and tell them your item qualifies for under the AUSFTA and that's it.

The ring arrived at my workplace about 10 days after ID sent it, and I must say I was VERY HAPPY. It was perfect. I proposed to my fiance a few days later (she said 'yes') and she was blown away by the ring! She loves it.

So thanks again to Yekutiel @ ID and Pricescope! Here is a few pictures, I had to prize if off my fiance's finger to take them! It's a 1.05ct, Excellent Cut, J Colour, I1 Clarity diamond in a 18k white gold Vatche Royal Crown Classic setting.

pict0272.jpg

pict0278.jpg

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous ring :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! I'm so glad you had a great experience with IDJ - that's always nice to hear about!

You should start a SMTB thread on your fiance's gorgeous ring - its worthy of its own special place on PS! :praise:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and I'm glad you had such a good experience. Congratulations of your engagement.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the Royal Crown - excellent choice!

nigelwakeley

Rough_Rock
Hey man, question from another Aussie - with this AUSFTA thing, which FedEx broker do I call? Whoever they tell me its being shipped with I guess?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results