shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks everyone. I just bought. Now insurance ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1st_time

Rough_Rock
I rent and therefor do not have home owner''s insurance. Are there any recommendations for policies for just the ring?

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I''ve heard a lot of good things about Jewelers Mutual. I''m pretty sure I am going to go with them.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
1st Time, do you have tenants insurance? If not, this might be a good idea - it''s usually around $200 a year. Covers all of your stuff and has a liability component too.

When you have tenants insurance, you can also get a "personal articles" policy to cover jewelry, furs, art, etc. that aren''t covered adequately under a regular policy. I don''t know for sure that you need tenant or homeowners for a PA policy. Give State Farm a call - I found them to be reasonable.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Renters insurance (or tenants insurance) is a great idea, and fairly inexpensive. Without this, your belongings (clothes, furniture, books) are not covered at all if, say, the building burns down or the maintenance man (or your pet) breaks something. Particularly with fire/water damage that affects all your belongings, replacement costs are astronomical (a friend just went through this with a fire, unfortunately).
Anyway, back to ring insurance -- I called my insurer (USAA -- look into this if you had a parent in the armed forces; their rates are good) to ask about whether a ring would be covered. At least with my carrier, a renters insurance policy does not cover jewelry. You get a separate Valuable Property policy. It is not a rider to the renters policy (unlike the rider I got for my computer), but a separate policy. Don''t know if all insurers work that way.

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
I''m with All State renters insurance covered for $25K. $1000 max for jewelry is standard but you can up the coverage. I haven''t done it yet so I don''t know $ coverage/$ premium

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
We''re under renter''s insurance as well with State Farm. It''s a good policy and covers everything in the house, including jewelry.

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results