shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks belle and Storm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mickey

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I''m back after 7 painstaking weeks, these custom jobs are hard work on the nerves. I''ve had to do this all from down under. I can hardly believe I haven''t seen the stone or the ring! But only a few days to go, its on its way.....

A huge thanks to Barry and Judah at Excel Diamonds. I think they are as excited about the finished product as I am! To the point that they have added the ring as a new product to their engagement ring line up, can you believe it!

So for those who missed the previous posts, the diamond is an E VS2 1.02ct asscher, storm worthy and kicken
18.gif
! The setting is similar to one RichardAlex posted some time ago in 900 plat with 18 x 2pt diamonds in a shared prong setting. I dont know what else to say, hopefully the photos speak for themselves.

A big thank you also to belle and storm for helping out this newbie
2.gif
. I couldn''t have done it without you guys. Thanks also all others who made favorable comments. The link to the whole range of photos at Excel Diamonds is http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Cartier-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-Reproduction-1286.html

Now for the next big step....the proposal. Wish me luck.

Mickey

DBMKP1.jpg

mickey

Rough_Rock
Another one.

DMBKP2.jpg

mickey

Rough_Rock
Last one for now, heaps more to see via the link.

DBMKP3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a terrific job you did! Congrats! She is going to flip when she sees this!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s turned out wonderfully. congrats and goodluck with the proposal..

mickey

Rough_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo, diamondseeker.

I''ve just had a correction from Barry....the diamonds in the band are a little bigger than I had requested. Barry thought that it would better for symmetry and "look". SO the total ct weight of the band is 50pts. I think the end result is a 2.5mm band versus a 2mm. I was originally concerned about the diamond not "popping" with a 2.5mm band, but the more I see it, the more I love it
30.gif

Mickey.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2006 8:30:12 AM
Author: mickey
Thanks mrssalvo, diamondseeker.

I''ve just had a correction from Barry....the diamonds in the band are a little bigger than I had requested. Barry thought that it would better for symmetry and ''look''. SO the total ct weight of the band is 50pts. I think the end result is a 2.5mm band versus a 2mm. I was originally concerned about the diamond not ''popping'' with a 2.5mm band, but the more I see it, the more I love it
30.gif

Mickey.
I think it looks perfect with that thickness! 2mm is too thin for my taste, and the 2.5mm will be stronger anyway. She is going to love it! Please post handshots afterwards!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is absolutely lovely!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous. She''ll love it. Good luck on the proposal. When are you planning on proposing?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!!! it turned out perfect mickey! well done.
36.gif

i agree with facetfire, 2mm is too thin. i''m so glad you (hesitantly) went with 2.5mm. it looks wonderful.

best of luck with the proposal! please keep us posted and let us know how everything goes!

mickey

Rough_Rock
Hi oshinbreez,

I''m thinking soon...I have some family coming out from the US next month. I only see them once a year so I thought late Nov might be a good time for an engagement party. BUT, it will take along of planning to pull something together so quickly.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
That asscher absolutely pops!

Beautiful!

mickey

Rough_Rock
Hi belle!

Thank you so much for all your help, it wouldn''t have turned out this way if it weren''t for your recommendations. Yeah, 2mm in hindsight was probably not the way to go. I will definitely keep you up to date and I know the hand shots are mandatory. This next week is going to be such a slow one while I wait, Friday next week just cant come quick enough.

Mickey.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s absolutely beautiful!! Good job with the long distance work. Can''t wait to see it on!

a

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!! I love the new creation. After seeing your ring I am loving asschers more and more. It is nice to see that asschers can stand out even when paired with side stones like yours.

Congratulations!

ETA: Love your avatar too!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It looks just FAB.
21.gif
Hope it is everything you wanted.

agent999

Rough_Rock
lovely ring !!!
congratulations

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2006 10:59:42 AM
Author: mickey
Hi belle!

Thank you so much for all your help, it wouldn''t have turned out this way if it weren''t for your recommendations. Yeah, 2mm in hindsight was probably not the way to go. I will definitely keep you up to date and I know the hand shots are mandatory. This next week is going to be such a slow one while I wait, Friday next week just cant come quick enough.

Mickey.
you are very welcome mickey, it was my pleasure. i am so very excited for you and i can''t wait to hear how everything goes!
36.gif

i am really looking forward to more pics!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Asscher! Best of luck on your proposal--she''s gonna be so happy!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love it!!! Good luck with the proposal!!!
30.gif

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Oh, my, gosh!!! What a beautiful ring! How exciting - can''t wait to see some hand shots!!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
she''s going to love it!!!!!!! congratulations mickey!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is beautiful! Congratulations!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, you did a great job!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow mickey, it''s gorgeous!! She will be thrilled!! Don''t forget to come back with hand pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Indeed that is a kicken ring! Wow!!!! Love the double prongs!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty ring! Congrats on your upcoming engagement, Mickey!
36.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Mickey:
35.gif

That''s a knockout ring with a great looking Asscher..Congratulations!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken

Your welcome! :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results