shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you to Jim at James Allen and Constructuve Crtiscism (a bit long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

piper

Rough_Rock
I''ve been a lurker, not a poster, so I hope my first post is tasteful.
emsmile.gif
I was looking to upgrade my 1.35 AGS000 diamond. It, apparently, shrank significantly bwtween the time I told hubby I wanted a between a 1.6 and 2.0 ct diamond!! And recieved a 1.35 ct! Gotta love men!

I did, however, recieve a beautiful 1.35 H, SI1, AGS000, great stone. It just wasn''t THE SIZE that I wanted. The only trade-in that the jewelery store would do is a double in size. Hah, that sounded fab to me!!
36.gif
However, a 2.70 ct really isn''t in the budget. Soooo...I discovered Pricscope in the meantime....about 2 years ago, but have been a lurker,,,

I had contacted Whiteflash about a couple of diamonds, thinking maybe I would start from scratch and upgrade!

I knew I had a beautiful stone, but I couldn''t find any online vendors that took trade ins other than their own stones. A couple took consignment, but not trade in. However, one day, I was searching the various vendors on Pricescope and discovered James Allen had a diamond purchase program. I read into it some more and contacted the company and Jim Schultz emailed me right back and was very interested in my diamond.

When all was said and done, Jim gave me a VERY fair price on my diamond - especially since he was quoting me a buy-back price sight unseen, only myself giving hime the AGS details and faxed copy of report. AND, I felt very comfortable that he was, in return, finding me a diamond withing the specs/parameters/beauty that I expressed.

Another VERY IMPORTANT selling point with Jim was that he was willing to ship USPS Registered Insured to our military mailing address overseas, He told me that he has dealt with many military folk overseas, which made me very happy! Shipping to an APO was no big deal....the safest way to ship!

MY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM FOR A PS VENDOR: I have only ONE beef with one of the vendors here ONLY because I would absolutely LOVE to do business with them because they do beautiful work (please don''t PS stone me)...I hope what I am saying is resonating and maybe they do not realize the impact. I have contacted Whiteflash about a diamond or two (over $8,000), custom setting, earings, and would love to contact them in the future too...but everytime, have received a COLD NO, we do not ship to APO military adresses and a great "drop the ball". feeling. I bought a pendant from another PS vendor because Whiteflash would not work with me on my shipping. After being quoted for a custom wedding set, I was ready to buy, but they would not work with me as far as shipping, so I got my custom done from Wink Jones instead. Similar price. Better service! I think Whiteflash deliver and make a GREAT product. I WOULD LOVE TO BUY FROM YOU. And maybe there aren''t enough of "US" (i.e gals in the military demanding great products). It''s very disheartening to hear this when Jim at James Allen ships to us, no problem, Bill at Pearlman''s is sooo supportive of the military abroad, as I have talked to him many of times, Signed Pieces offers a military discount and shipping, Wink Jones is "more than happy" to ship to us at our APO. All feel that USPS Registered is "the safest".

I have a soapbox...ONLY because my hubby has been away for 13 months now a it makes me, AHEM MAD, when this whole shipping thing doesn''t work out because it''s INCONVENIENT...and I only brought it up so that maybe Whiteflash might realize that there is a market out there that they aren''t getting...like ME because I have so wanted to purchase fromt them!!! (well...And I secretly know that they''re so busy that they don''t need that added burdon. )

Anywoo...I''ll get off my soap box and praise Jim at James Allen for my wonderful diamond! AND...I look forward to working with him in the future! My only issue with Jim is that I had requested a 6-prong tiffany style head, but when I received my ring back it was a 4-prong. Oops. No biggie though to me because the 4-prong looked great and I''m an easy customer!!! And if I were picky, I think Jim would take care of it!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing and what a great story! I purchased from Jim and James Allen just about a year and a half ago and am working with him on an upgrade ----he is a delightful person. Thanks for reminding us about you all out there where things arent always so easy.............glad it worked out for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Piper what size stone did you end up with?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 8:57:13 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Piper what size stone did you end up with?
LOL that's what I wanna know. What size is this new bauble?!!!? It sounds big! 2.7c as an upgrade woulda been my first pick too.
31.gif

and my second question....

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??!?!?!!

Yay for James Allen....Welcome to posting, Piper!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing Piper. We''d love to see pics.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing youry story, and congrats on finding the stone for you!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing! I''m glad you had a positive outcome. Jim is a great guy, I purchased my stone from him last year. And I agree -- we need more info on your new stone!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear that you found a vendor to fit your needs - and that you found a wonderful upgrade stone. We would LOVE to hear more about this lovely rock and see some pictures!!!
36.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Piper, thank you for the detailed report.

Please accept our apologies for what was a miscommunication on our part. We do ship to APO addresses and have done so many times using US registered mail: We definitely stand with the colleagues you named in support of our military abroad. I suspect this was a staff training issue. Can you please e-mail me directly and identify yourself, so we can look in the record and see what happened? We would appreciate that.

We sincerely regret our miscue, but it is great to hear about your glowing experiences with other outstanding PS vendors. Enjoy your wonderful purchases.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results