shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank You PS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rlism

Rough_Rock

I can''''t say that I''''ve been a long-time lurker since I only stumbled onto this forum about 10 weeks ago but I am thrilled and grateful that I did. In this short span I have spent countless hours on PS researching everything from culets to pave styles. From fluorescence to platinum alloys. I hate to admit it but yes, on day-one I really did type "four C''''s" in the search field. The cumulative knowledge and diverse opinions and tastes of all PSers are astounding. With the wealth of information already posted over the years, I found that I didn''''t even need to sign up for an account until now to say, "THANK YOU!" to everyone. I especially want to thank the following:

Whiteflash - For many weeks, I worked with the very courteous and responsive staff at WF (esp. Katie H) looking for a diamond and getting logistics worked out but simply did not find the right rock. It was my first experience dealing with a diamond vendor and I felt I was good hands the entire time.

Good Old Gold - I never had the pleasure of working with GOG, but seriously considered calling on many occasions; their forum contributions are always informative and their inventory photos/reports and website videos are invaluable for the online diamond shopper.

Geoffrey''''s, San Carlos, CA - I sketched out a ring design based on a lot of different ideas from PSers and ultimately purchased a 1.59c F VS1 EX/EX cushion from BN which was painless, pleasant, and professional, but just not very personal. We brought both diamond and sketch to Geoffrey''''s per recommendation of a co-worker. On our very first visit Geoffrey and Stephen sat with us from 30 minutes before closing to 30 minutes AFTER closing evaluating our diamond and going over ring design. The entire experience was casual, comfortable, informative, and even entertaining. During the entire ring-making process, I anxiously called over a dozen times, visited the store 5 times, had the diamond cleaned on each visit (even when it was in the silly BN clamp), had the wax done twice, and even had a last minute ring re-sizing. They have a few mentions here on PS but definitely had to add one more. Their store is always busy and their jewelry collection is, IMO, classic yet contemporary, so you see a large variety of clientele. Their colored stone rings are especially amazing. It''''s definitely an old-school business (Geoffrey himself barely knows how to use the computer!) but some things just feel right done in person.

Anyway, any for those of you who haven''''t seen it in the ''''Show Me the Ring'''' forum, here it is posted by my, now, fiancé. In case you can''''t tell, she loves it.
emwink.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really glad you found it so helpful and positive here, that is what we all strive for. Your ring is gorgeous and I am so pleased you had such a great experience putting it all together.

Many congratulations on your engagement!
35.gif

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
his "fiance" hehehe...thats me!!!! sorry i broke the wax the first time....=P

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you Miss Fiancee Misty!!! Enjoy your fabulous ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 2:54:03 PM
Author: Lorelei
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
thanks you!!!! if you cant tell im totally IN LOVE!!!!! well with him too...heheheh

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2008 3:00:39 PM
Author: MsMisty

Date: 8/3/2008 2:54:03 PM
Author: Lorelei
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
thanks you!!!! if you cant tell im totally IN LOVE!!!!! well with him too...heheheh
I can indeed tell, enjoy every second of your engagement and future plans!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how cute are you two?! The ring is sublime and the prongs are incredible!!! I am definitely going to have to visit Geoffrey''s next time I visit the family in SF.
Lovely, lovely ring and best wishes to you both on your engagement!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
oh and i wanted to thank Geoff and Steven at Geoffrey''s!!! they were absolutely AWESOME!!! they ROCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results