shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you PriceScope! (Union Diamond E-Ring) My Houston buying story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Drex

Rough_Rock
First I''d like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone here that contributes to the forums.. These forums and the website taught me all I needed to know to become an educated shopper for my e-ring... I have been reading here for about 3 months before I made my pricescope account and made the big plunge to buy..

Some background

We have been dating exclusively for 8 years from the time I was 17 and she was 16 and I plan on popping the question sometime this holiday season (if I can hold out that long).. I want to try to find some time off and take her to New York and propose at Rockefeller Center while ice skating (our first date was ice skating)

My soon to be FI really doesn’t know much about jewelry and diamonds so I had to show her lots of pics of different stone shapes along with window shopping at a few B&M stores here in Houston.. After talking with my soon to be FI I had her go to different sites and pull off pics of what she likes and what kind of diamond shapes she likes.. I was always a huge fan of cushions from the start and I was glad that it was in her top two in the end.. (Princess and Cushion)

The road to finding the right ring...

I all most bought (settled) from a store here in Houston called The Houston Gold Exchange, but the service I was receiving was HORRIBLE.. the supposed GIA grad/manager behind the counter acted like he didn’t even know what a cushion was and he kept trying to get me to buy a asher instead
38.gif
My other serious stop here in Houston was at The Jewelry Source, while they had great prices I felt like I was only a number to them and they seemed to know what they wanted to try to sell to me even if I wasn’t sure if it was right for me, also their inventory was very limited in cushions and GIA cushions unparticular (mostly EGLs).. I did look at Tiffany here in Houston and to me I feel like I would have been spending more on the name than the product so I passed with them.. I did think they were very VERY nice round diamond rings, but their selections in cushions were also very limited and I wanted to get “more bang for my buck”.

Well after a few weeks of shopping around on the internet I almost bought from a store called Diamonds On Web.. The ladies at that store were very nice and very helpful, but when they got the stone in that I was looking at they told me I might not be happy with it because of the shape and odds are that I would be sending it back.. I was very impressed they would tell me that, but after that I was unable to locate another stone with the specs I liked through them and most of the settings there didn’t impress me much so I decided to move on..

I loved many of the White Flash designs I have seen here on PriceScope and with living in Houston it made all the scene in the world, but after seeing how much more diamond and higher quality I could get by buying on the internet I decided to pass on White Flash because the sales tax was going to kill me.. (Don’t tell the IRS
3.gif
)

I''m happy to say that when I found Union Diamonds my experience with Leah was second to NONE.. I found that she would go above the normal customer service of other places I talked to, Leah would respond to all my questions in a mater of mins. not days like some sites did.. Some days Leah and I would talk on the phone and I would forget to ask her a few questions so I would send her an e-mail, but that didn’t stop her from answering my questions within an hour. I was very impressed with her promptness

I spent about a week working with Leah on finding the right diamond and then a few seconds picking out the setting.. I knew Union was the right place for me because not only how great Leah was Union also had 2 settings that I know my soon to be FI would LOVE.. I was very impressed with Unions 3% off with a wire transfer, some other vendors I looked at could not offer that high of a discount with a wire and could not match Unions price if they both were pulling from the source. The overall process from payment to having my ring in hand was about a week.. I told Leah that I heard of Union from PriceScope and I was lucky enough to get a free bracelet and she even included a free cleaner for the ring.. I will be coming back to Union for the wedding band when it comes that time..

Now for the PICs..

1.5 Ct
Cushion
2 Prong set side princess diamonds
12 channel set princess diamonds
2.5mm band width
Size 6

(CLICK PICS TO ENLARGE)

^I had 7-4-98 engraved into the band that is the day we first met.

Thanks again,

Drex

widget

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
Congratulations!

(When I first read of the cushion/princess combo, I thought: ''How weird"....well I was wrong. It''s just lovely.)

I''ve taken the liberty of ''blowing up" and attaching my fave pic.

Thanks for sharing your story.
widget

untitled243bs.jpg

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beatiful! It''s really unique and I''m sure she will love it. Please tell us more of the specs-I''m in the market for a cushion and now I want one just like that!!

Good luck with the proposal!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OMG!!!!!!!!!! That ring is freakin gorgeous!!! I have never seen a cushion paired w/ princess cuts...it''s stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done!!!
36.gif
She is sure to love it!
30.gif

BTW, I love your avatar. I had a couple pairs of Hammer pants myself.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Have never seen that combo before but it really works!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love that cushion
30.gif
beautiful ring..

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
That is honestly one of the most beautiful cushions I''ve ever seen. Bravo! She''s going love it.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That cushion is just beautiful. I am glad you had such a great buying experience.
21.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have not seen another ring quite like that one and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful...

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza, beautiful. Can''t touch that...hammer time!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
that''s really an awesome combo!!! totally unique, I love it! COngrats to you both

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Fabulous Cushion!!!!! That picture widget posted was amazing....look at the colors in that beauty. Love it!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS cushion! Good job picking that out. And very unique with the princess on the sides. Congrats!
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Drex!!!
36.gif

Date: 6/20/2006 3:05:33 PM
Author: widget
What a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
Congratulations!

(When I first read of the cushion/princess combo, I thought: ''How weird''....well I was wrong. It''s just lovely.)

I''ve taken the liberty of ''blowing up'' and attaching my fave pic.

Thanks for sharing your story.
widget
I really think the cushion/princess combo turned out super!!
36.gif

She is going to love it!
emlove.gif

Post more
emphoto.gif
''s when you have time, and thanks for sharing!

Best wishes to both of you!
36.gif

35.gif

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Drex, the ring is stunning!!! She will love it!!

Drex

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind words everyone, I really do appreciate them.

shinythings, I do not have the GIA report with me to give you very good details, but off the top of my head it is a F in color and SI2 clarity with a “Premium Cut”,Excellent Polish, Good Symmetry and No Fluorescence, good luck in your search..

Also I found a few more pics that I think I did a better job with the camera
9.gif

untitled2wk.jpg

untitled49va.jpg

untitled279ob.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I love the way the different shapes work together in the setting!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats, very,very beautiful.
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit late, but it is stunning!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very, very lovely! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results