shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you Good Old Gold!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Thankfully upon my diamond research, I found pricescope and good old gold's plethora of diamond information. Initially, my boyfriend and I were very hesitant in purchasing a diamond over the internet. But after reading many reviews on PS, those fears quickly dissipated.

Some of you may remember that I had initially found a diamond that I wanted about 3 weeks ago, but found out it had been sold when I called. Well literally 4 days later, I got an email from Charlie letting me know he had 2 diamonds that they brought in that was similar to the one I had previously wanted. I was ecstatic, because I thought we would have had to wait at least a couple of weeks. My boyfriend and I chose one and promptly made a deposit to hold it while he made arrangements with the bank to pay for it.

Fast forward to a couple weeks later... I received it yesterday (which was also surprising, because we live in Canada, and it got here the next day!) Jonathan wasn't lying when he told me that when I saw the diamond, that it would make me want to dance with the way the diamond moved and sparkled. I LOVE IT!!! My boyfriend let me only look at it for a few minutes before he took it away. He was actually very disappointed that I sneaked a peek at it. (I convinced him that I *had* to see it to make sure it was perfect, and that only *I* knew what to look for and he didn't... that was actually a lie, but I just *had* to see it!) So now I will be awaiting my proposal so I can have it back on my finger! ( I hope he doesn't wait toooo long... I can't wait anymore!)

I just wanted to say a HUGE Thank you to Jonathan, Charlie and Christen and the rest of the team at Good Old Gold for the wonderful experience and for finding me such a beautiful diamond. From my initial contact in inquiring about the first diamond, to all the emails that were sent back and forth, to the phone calls that I had made and then finally receiving it... I can only say what an outstanding experience it was. I would recommend GOG in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking for their perfect diamond. I will be a lifetime customer at GOG!

Some stats:
Round H&A GIA
1.11ct
H
VS2
6.66 - 6.68 x 4.10
Depth: 61.4%
Table: 56.1%
crown angle: 35.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
culet: 0.3%
Girdle: Medium
Fluorescence: none
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent

We had it set in a temporary white-gold setting, and will be choosing a setting or getting one custom made after he proposes. So you can bet that I will be coming on here a lot more to get advice on settings. Hmmm.. to halo or not to halo... I keep changing my mind!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! Do you have any photos?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on finding your dream stone! PIC TIME!
31.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It sounds like you had a lovely buying experience. That always takes the pressure off. I say make sure you get the setting you love.
30.gif
You must post plenty of pics when you get it.

Shay

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Here is a pic GOG sent me when it was finished.

finished25il.jpg

pic19ls.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!
Congrates :}

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone!
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~What a gorgeous stone, and the perfect setting!! Congrats!
30.gif

blaine_brodie

Rough_Rock
I also live in Canada and am looking to purchase from GOG. Would you be able to tell me the taxes, duties and other charges you had to paid? GST/PST, excise taxes, brokerage charges? I appreciate the information.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s sparkly! Pretty!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMO!!! It''s just stunning, congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is an old thread, blaine_brodie if you start a new thread someone will be able to help you with the info you need or you can ask GOG they ship to Canada all the time and can tell you.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Nice ring. Beautiful stone.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results