shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you for all the advice on here! Finally got my new rings!

erical77

Rough_Rock
In March, my engagement ring had a mishap in the garbage disposal but thankfully was covered by Jewelers Mutual. This was an upgrade ring from 2012 (my original engagement diamond from 2000 is now one of my earring studs) and it was completely destroyed - it was a 1.3ct natural diamond. Initially I was going to have the ring remade exactly like it was, but then the local jeweler said that whenever anyone has the chance to redo a ring, make it different - "you don't wear the same sneakers for 30 years". So... I spent MANY hours looking at rings and found inspiration photos. My wedding band had chipped diamonds that the insurance was also going to pay to fix, but we decided to change that up too. (It was slightly hard giving back my wedding band I've had for almost 22 years though).

New rings: 3.21ct E/VS1 lab diamond with a hidden halo and pave band (natural diamonds), 1.28ct lab eternity bubble band and 3.53 lab u-prong eternity band.

The diamond I was going to initially use to replace it that the jeweler had in stock did not get favorable remarks on this board, but @DejaWiz was SUPER helpful in helping me pick a better cut diamond that the jeweler was able to source. I have learned a tremendous amount on this board and I want to thank everyone for the guidance they give as it really helped me! Many hours were spent reading threads on here and Reddit. Unfortunately though I've gone down a huge diamond rabbit hole and now I want to replace my natural studs with lab ones!

Attaching pics of my new rings and old rings.

And for those wondering... total out of pocket cost to me was $436.25 for all 3 rings. The rest was covered by insurance.

Video of new rings

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5332 2.jpg IMG_3517.JPG

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:Isn't it amazing to be able to have an entire set and accessory band for the same money?! It's great!
Your set is beautiful.
I couldn't see the video sadly, it just sent me to a 404. I hope you can link another. I'm sure it's blinding:kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: Wowsers, what a gorgeous set, wear them in good health and happiness, always.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So glad that everything turned out great - congratulations on your new ring!

erical77

Rough_Rock
:love:Isn't it amazing to be able to have an entire set and accessory band for the same money?! It's great!
Your set is beautiful.
I couldn't see the video sadly, it just sent me to a 404. I hope you can link another. I'm sure it's blinding:kiss2:

Yes, the price savings on lab is amazing! I *should* have fixed the video now.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful in every way and the bands are stunning as well. Very happy for you!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! But the videos are still not working

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Simply gorgeous! Sorry about what happened to your original set but glad it has a happy ending! Enjoy your beautiful set!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful rings!! They look amazing on you. Great choices. Classic and timeless. Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results