shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you Chrisa222

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
**edited by moderator. please remember that this forum is not for personal insults**

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely unnecessary. Why open a new thread? Why not comment on the other thread?

It's amazing how you only seem to post to attack others or incite discontent. This is why you've been banned from numerous forums.

At least this time your actions are so transparent they are laughable.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your input ld How is it that you have insisted that I not reply to your threads. Which I have respected but you think you should not give me the same respect.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. It is false that Colormyworld only writes negative posts. He has been instrumental in my education, for one.

2. I too would like to thank Annette et. al. for restoring my faith in independent thinking. Certain posters (not merely TL) have been presenting belief as fact. Such behaviour hinders, not helps, newcomers.

3. I suspect that Colormyworld has stopped posting for similar reasons to mine: most of what we say is drowned out by a predictable recitation of beliefs.

Buying one's first few gems is scary. I hope that fellow gem lovers are guided correctly by the Pricescope community.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet - I'm sorry to say but you always take CMW's side and you should be embarrassed that you are considering this thread reasonable or acceptable.

I agree that TL has strong opinions but she was attacked in another thread. Please give me one good reason for replicating it here other than to incite anger and discontent? It's shabby and shameful. Had CMW been genuine with his feelings on the matter he could have contributed to the other thread. There is NO reason to do this other than to try to discredit TL.

You and CMW always like the last say so I'm happy for you to do so ......... I've reported this thread and now don't intend to contribute to this anymore.

CMW - as always you've edited your post since I replied - something you and Harriet both have a habit of doing. You KNOW why you haven't been posting. Please don't make it sound like it's been voluntary!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet|1334528796|3171801 said:
1. It is false that Colormyworld only writes negative posts. He has been instrumental in my education, for one.

2. I too would like to thank Annette et. al. for restoring my faith in independent thinking. Certain posters (not merely TL) have been presenting belief as fact. Such behaviour hinders, not helps, newcomers.

3. I suspect that Colormyworld has stopped posting for similar reasons to mine: most of what we say is drowned out by a predictable recitation of beliefs.

Harriet, when people ask for an opinion, I give opinions, they are not facts. I have even made a congnizant attempt at writing IMO or IMHO ('in my opinion' and 'in my honest opinion') quite a bit. However, I cannot get you, Annette, CMW, or anyone to ever change your opinion about me, which is fine, and honestly, I give up. However, do I have to put a disclaimer on my signature that I present opinions, and the consumer must use their discretion? I mean, really? :roll:

I think there are many newbies here that can make their own decisions upon the well meaning advice and opinions of several contributing members here, and there is a reason that newbies seek out PS, it's a great source of education regardless of what you or anyone else think of me. PS has saved many a person from a very poor consumer choice, with or without my help. Again, my OPINION.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Loving Diamonds you assume way to much. Please do not speak about what you do not have knowledge about. There is way to much of that already going on around here.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully this thread will be closed. Until then, if we don't add any more responses to it, it will fade away. So please consider this before adding to this thread. Thanks.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1334529574|3171823 said:

Harriet, when people ask for an opinion, I give opinions, they are not facts. I have even made a congnizant attempt at writing IMO or IMHO ('in my opinion' and 'in my honest opinion') quite a bit. However, I cannot get you, Annette, CMW, or anyone to ever change your opinion about me, which is fine, and honestly, I give up. However, do I have to put a disclaimer on my signature that I present opinions, and the consumer must use their discretion? I mean, really? :roll:

I think there are many newbies here that can make their own decisions upon the well meaning advice and opinions of several contributing members here, and there is a reason that newbies seek out PS, it's a great source of education regardless of what you or anyone else think of me. PS has saved many a person from a very poor consumer choice, with or without my help. Again, my OPINION.

Tourmaline Lover, What we say here can help or hinder what those newbies eventually end up doing. While we like to think we are always helping. Can we be sure that what we say always is? That is why we must choose our words carefully.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1334529899|3171828 said:
Hopefully this thread will be closed. Until then, if we don't add any more responses to it, it will fade away. So please consider this before adding to this thread. Thanks.

Minous, if people are upset with me, then they can use this thread to complain. I would only ask that people explain what I am doing wrong in a coherent manner, with facts, to base their justification of their accusations, so that I can properly respond. That is all. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colormyworld|1334530211|3171837 said:
TL|1334529574|3171823 said:

Tourmaline Lover, What we say here can help or hinder what those newbies eventually end up doing. While we like to think we are always helping. Can we be sure that what we say always is? That is why we must choose our words carefully.

And CMW, please provide an example of how I would help a newbie in the proper manner please. Thank you.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
How about not calling Be treated corundum "road gravel" and saying it is way to expensive at 5 dollars a carat. We both know those kind of statements are not helpful. Anything in that same vein is not helpful even if that is your opinion!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colormyworld|1334530967|3171852 said:
How about not calling Be treated corundum "road gravel" and saying it is way to expensive at 5 dollars a carat. We both know those kind of statements are not helpful. Anything in that same vein is not helpful even if that is your opinion!

I know I called pre-treated material (before diffusion) road gravel as much of it is very ugly prior to treatment. I think Gene disagreed with me on that, and he and I had an intelligent discourse on it. As for the $5/carat comment, I have been to gem shows where diffused material was actually that inexpensive. I can't, in good conscience, recommend spending a great deal of money on diffused material, sorry.

I don't see how giving opinions like these are not helpful to newbies. Should they overspend on be-treated material?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Can you define what a great deal of money is?

Is that the going rate payed for a poorly cut stone from India using child slave labor?

Sometimes paying more than the lowest rock bottom price you can find is the right thing to do.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colormyworld|1334531806|3171867 said:

Whatever the going rate a sapphire would be for a natural, untreated stone of a particular size, hue, clarity, tone, saturation level would be. I would not want to pay the same amount for that kind of stone as I would for a be-treated stone, or even an heated stone. There are many reputable vendors that sell sapphires and the prices can be researched through them.

As for the slave labor issue, many vendors cannot prove who their sources are, as I asked this question in the past. I cannot comment on that.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
See my edit.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colormyworld|1334531806|3171867 said:

Is that the going rate payed for a poorly cut stone from India using child slave labor?

Sometimes paying more than the lowest rock bottom price you can find is the right thing to do.

That's fine, your opinion. Unfortunately, I wish vendors could prove where they source their gems. It's frustrating to say the least. Maybe some have more insight than they have previously expressed to me on the subject.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
With the attitude you exude just were are vendors supposed to make a profit?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can only hope that rather than store up resentments for a huge and major sunday afternoon dump, that pricescopers will in the future speak up when they think something is objectionable rather than store it up and let it fester.

TL, i can only hope i would react with such grace under pressure......we both know we have disagreed re stones but when it comes to this thread, well, you've got grit, girl!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
If you wish to continue this conversation in the polite respectful manner with which TL has taken it, please go ahead.

However please consider this everyone's last warning in this thread about personal insults or deliberately nasty posts. Those will not be tolerated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colormyworld|1334532635|3171882 said:
With the attitude you exude just were are vendors supposed to make a profit?

CMW, I have been privy to helping create and add to the sticky reputable vendor list. I feel that people should pay more for a fine stone, but they should not overpay for a lesser quality stone. Unfortunately, a be-treated sapphire should not be worth the same amount an an unheated sapphire, all other variables being equal. My opinion. Should we overpay on diffused stones so the vendor can make a huge profit?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1334532882|3171884 said:
i can only hope that rather than store up resentments for a huge and major sunday afternoon dump, that pricescopers will in the future speak up when they think something is objectionable rather than store it up and let it fester.

TL, i can only hope i would react with such grace under pressure......we both know we have disagreed re stones but when it comes to this thread, well, you've got grit, girl!

Thank you MZ, I appreciate that.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Ella|1334533046|3171888 said:
If you wish to continue this conversation in the polite respectful manner with which TL has taken it, please go ahead.

However please consider this everyone's last warning in this thread about personal insults or deliberately nasty posts. Those will not be tolerated.

You know I guess it is OK for Me to be insulted and lied about. Why is this? Please lets get this all in the open forum.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Why is it alright for some to insult and lie about others but for others posting a quote that apparently is shared by more than a few is open for moderation? Please let us get to the ugly underbelly of this.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am grateful to the community here for stoking my interest in gems. I hope that the Coloured Stones forum remains educational and encouraging. This is all I have to say on the instant topic.

cm366

Shiny_Rock
CMW - I think what folks are objecting to is the deliberate creation of a thread with no purpose aside from denigrating a poster on this board. I'm new here, and don't get the backstory that seems to have you and Harriet so angry with TL or LD (I'm assuming TL stands for Tourmaline Lover?), but it's hard to see the point of your muckraking. If you disagree with someone's opinions on a particular stone, or class of stones, I'd love to hear what you have to say - it's clear from your avatar that you've got quite an eye!

Thanks!

cm366

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and cm366, I would suggest that you are deserving of a piece of your own cake as well. Thank you for helping to make this civil.

TL - my utmost respect goes to you and your most measured, thoughtful and respectful replies. I can't say that I would've kept my cool under such scrutiny. And thank you Ella, for observing and entering into the fray...

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
CMW, there is a significant difference between calmly airing disagreements and antagonizing behavior. There was absolutely no reason to call out a post the way you did with a new thread other than to be rude.

This also is not your first time at the rodeo here and have been explicitly warned about this behavior previously.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
It is funny how everyone puts words in my mouth and knows my exact intent BUT me. Thank you for informing me of MY intents.

If you are interested My intent was not to be rude but Chrisas summed up what I have been thinking for a long time. So I quoted it in this thread so I did not go off topic in the other thread. Which I thought was a rules violation. I guess that only applies to me though. I really wish you would dig a little deeper before deleting and taking sides the way it seems from my side of the screen. My reason for saying this is the person who reported this is stalking me and been very rude to me in the past. I choose not to report so I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease! Or perhaps that is not the case. BTW did TL report my post or was it another?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colormyworld|1334546853|3172067 said:
BTW did TL report my post or was it another?

I have not reported any posts in either of these two threads, and have allowed you and others to speak openly and frankly about me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results