shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank You BGD! My First "Big Girl" Studs are here!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
This year, Hubs promised I could get my first "big girl" studs. :cheeky: Really nice studs with a great cut and wonderful performance. Up to now, I had been wearing my sweet little OEC buttercup studs or my little "mutt" pair and while I will always have a "special affection" for my "mutts", I also knew I wanted something really classy looking! I already pretty much knew what I wanted style-wise (after endless trolling of the "show me you diamond studs" thread) and so it was just a matter of making a size selection with BGD and moving right along with it.

So, here they are!

Both are J SI1 (and easy combo for me to upgrade later) and are .68ctw. One is a little more "J" than the other one if I look close, but since they are on my ears it's no biggie. All I see is pretty sparkles and bright white in the mirror!

Specs are:

4.47x4.49mm and 4.48x4.53mm set in the 8 prong setting which I LURVE! :love: So if anyone out there is considering this setting, it's a REALLY comfortable setting with a bowl like shape so you don't have to worry about the tip of the basket digging in your ears. I requested pointed prongs if it could be done this small and so they did taper them and I think it looks quite nice!

Bad news is, with the second piercing being done so close to my original (I forgot to wear my studs when I went to have it done and it got placed closer than it probably should have been) I'm already pretty close to max size and still be able to wear both sets of earrings, but I'll cross that road some other day.

The stones:

336stone.jpg

343stone.jpg

Glamor Shot:

bgdearring.jpg

Fresh out of the box!!

bgdear2_0.jpg

Attempting to show some Arrows:

bgdear1.jpg

On the ears (second stud is still the piercing stud for a few more weeks):

bgdearshot1_0.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIES!!!! That's a gorgeous setting and they look AMAZING in your ears!!! Congrats on the 'big girl studs'!! looking fantastic --- I have BGD J's as well and they are plenty bright white for my ears, too!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Enerchi! I was so excited when they came in! They are SO sparkly!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Thank You BGD! My First "Big Girl" Studs are here!

Very pretty enjoy your big girl studs!!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
VERY nice! They look amazing on you. Every girl needs big girl studs! Don't you find it's always just a better day when you're wearing some nice diamonds?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful and look great on you. I love the arrows shot!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your "big girl" studs, hehe. Gorgeous!!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
8 prongs I love it! That is definitely on my wish list. Love your pair, gorgeous!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Smith- thank you and yes! I think you are right!

And thank y'all so very much for the compliments maccers, laila, elisa and catmom! It is much appreciated! Catmom- I suck at arow shots! That was my best effort ha ha! (I think fire is my forte so I'll try to go out and get a shot soon since it's sunny. 8-)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I love your new big girl studs!!! Beautiful stones and 8-prong settings are my fave :love: Doesn't BGD do such a lovely job?! They look great on you!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
thank you stargurl! I think it was yours and Yssie's 8 prongs that inspired me to go for the 8 prong! :love:

A few more pics of something I do much better! Fire!

bgdearfire.jpg

bgdearfire2.jpg

And one in the shadows (sorry- my grimy paws smudged the front facing one!)

bgdrose1.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

So pretty! 8 prongs! Yummmmy!!!

They look amazing on your ears! The perfect size!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful, and awesome pics, too!

If you just got your second piercing, maybe just let the hole close and grow over? Get re-pierced in the right place in a few months? I once pierced my own ears, but higher up where the cartilage is. I forget now why I took the earrings out, but the holes completely grew over and I don't even remember where they used to be.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you YT and GemFever!

GemFever- I did consider a redo, but I had some trouble with one of them getting a little infected and I know after having these for the last 6 weeks if I let it close, I probably wouldn't do it again, so I decided to "make do" and will work around it since they both seem to be healing properly now.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you! They look so sparkly! :sun:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: ooooooh!!! FIRE SHOTS!!! I love fire shots!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi- LOL! I love taking them! They are so much fun!

Thank you mom2boys! I lurve sparklies! :naughty:

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
They're gorg! I love the size on your lobe and I love the 8 prong setting. Yours and stargurl's have definitely convinced me to go with the 8 prongs for my own BGD upgrade :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous!!! My studs are my favorite piece of jewelry. I hope yours bring you as much joy!

Maybe you could get a pair of jackets to wear when you want just one bigger look and leave the second piercings empty. And you could get some awesome shared prong huggies to wear in your first piercings and put these babies in your second holes when you really want to blind the world!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Those look lovely on you! I have J studs from BGD as well and the sparkle is amazing. I second Roseblooms suggestion to get some huggies and move the studs to your second piercing when you want ot bling out :sun:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are beautiful. They are the perfect size and look wonderful on your ears. Enjoy.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you alisonia, Rosebloom, woofmama and marcy!

yep- jackets are definitely high on my 'wish" list now!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you. Congrats on the new earrings and I'm beginning to like the eight prong settings more and more!

Be patient with your new pierces. I had to have one of my ears redone (finally) at 50 yrs. old because one hole had been way off my whole life and it drove me batty to wear nice earrings with uneven cock-eyed piercings. For some reason, having them done later in life when you're not a kid anymore can cause more problems/peskier healing time and definitely at least in my case, MORE pain! But it's worth it in the end. Hang in there!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
lknvrb4- Thank you!

gemgirl- thank you! (And thank you for the advice on the piercings. That totally makes sense that things would become more problematic as one gets older....as in many things..... :knockout: )

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it!!!!

Sayde64

Rough_Rock
Hi there! Just wanted to add my voice and say how fabulous your studs are. Like another poster has already said, your earrings, and Stargurl's have convinced me to order the 8 prong, also from BGD. I can't wait to get them. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us! So enabling!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely studs!! The essential gear for everyday gorgeousness. Yours look so big on your ear. Do you have small earlobes?
Enjoy wearing them!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results