shape
carat
color
clarity

THANK YOU! 2.58ct J VS2 Solasfera in Beverly K Setting

easy20

Rough_Rock
I've been a long time lurker of this site and have used so many of your more than helpful posts to purchase the engagement ring perfect for my lovely lady. I have been very impressed with the time and effort people here contribute to help others. What a wonderful community!! It is only fair for me to share the final product of all your help.

I purchased this ring from goodoldgold.com - GOG - and worked with Jon to pick out the diamond and setting that worked for me. I can not say enough about him and the staff there. Buying this diamond was a pleasurable experience. I don't think I have ever enjoyed spending this much money ;-) It is great to work with people who 1) know the information and teach it to you 2) take pride in what they do and products they sell and 3) take care of the customers and address concerns. I was in the NY area for a trip and took a drive out there to personally meet Jon and see some stones. I told him what was important to me and shared tid-bits of information about myself and my girl. After seeing the stones he had at the store, I still did not feel very excited about any of them. Don't get me wrong, they were beautiful, but none really "sung" to me. Spending an afternoon there talking and chit chatting, Jon felt that he had a good idea what I wanted and recommended a stone...this 2.58 J VS2 soIasfera. Unfortunately, the diamond could not get there that same day but I had a gut feeling in my stomach that it was the one and decided to go ahead and purchase it without any other information. I just had that feeling and I trusted Jon. Plus GOG has a great return/upgrade policy so I didn't feel I was taking any risks. Jon was confident about the diamond and assured me it would be perfect. That same day I was in the GOG store I had that "lets just get this all done today!" feeling and decided to pick a setting from their in house beverly k collection. I always knew I wanted a pave band +/- halo(my girlfriend actually wanted VERY little to do with the ring selection process and left everything up to me...she wanted it to be something I picked for her). I was set on a Mark Morrell or Leon Mege setting based on internet pictures, but admiring that simplistic beauty behind that bev k setting, in real life, had me sold on the spot.

So, I left GOG thinking "wow, I just spent all this money on a diamond and a setting that I will NOT get to see at all for 4 weeks!". At this point, I felt like I needed reassurance and more information. And this is where Jon and his GOG team delivered. I got reassurance ABOVE and BEYOND what I needed or expected. That next day they received the diamond and started doing all their tests to it and sending me the information. Before I visited GOG I thought my lowest acceptable color grade would be G. Thus, I started having concerns over the J colorof the diamond and whether it were more of I/J or J/K. He assured me that face up the diamond was white and sent pictures comparing my diamond to other diamonds of different colors. He showed me the pictures against the flat white background face up, face down, and with the diamonds of different colors. He also ran it through the colorimeter 3 times and showed me the results each time...all of which made me feel very good. And the rest was a piece of cake. Questions about shipping, logistics, appraisals, etc, all answered in great detail. NOT ONCE did I feel like I was being a nuisance.

The hardest part was waiting the 4 weeks to see the stone in the setting. Let me tell you, when I finally picked that ring up and opened that box and saw that ring for the first time...WOW...sparkle city!! Those solasferas light it up!! That diamond goes crazy under spot lighting! I only hope my baby has the same reaction I did.

So, here is the link to a youtube video Jon made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPc7f-nW2E&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPc7f-nW2E&feature=player_detailpage

And here is the info for the diamond:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8233/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8233/

I do not have a camera so I have no photos to post. If I ever get one, I will be sure to share!! Plus I still need to propose!!

Again, this community is awesome! You have all helped a clueless fool in love transform into an educated customer with a beautiful ring to propose...priceless. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

-easy20

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a fantastic job of choosing both the stone and the mounting. It's absolutely beautiful! I think your sweetheart will be thrilled to pieces! Please come back with hand shots and of course, her reaction. She may faint!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!

ml2

Rough_Rock
WOW

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
great story and you did a wonderful job. although it kills me not be able to see the pic. of the ring =(

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad for you that it all worked out well. The stone and setting are to die for :love: I am sure your lady will LOVE it. Congratulations on a job well done.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting, may I ask how much was it?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a very beautiful diamond and the setting really showcases it. Great choice!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is lovely! It must be spectacular in-person :sun: The extra facets come to life in that size :appl:

ETA: Maisie! :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Yssie :wavey:

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: drool! She's going to love it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ha!! I drooled over that ring the other night during one of my jewelry **** sessions! I loved it then and love it even more now! She's a lucky gal!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is just lovely - please come back with hand shots!!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL! Worth the effort. It definitely shows very white. Congratulations! :appl:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Yessssssssssssss! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL!! She is going to love it forever!! Great job!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, what a stunner!! I love that setting!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is soooo beautiful... the sparkle in that diamond... is amazing...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: I really love Bev K settings!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305857044|2926206 said:
Absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: I really love Bev K settings!!!

I know right? diamondseeker.... please please stop me from wanting it so badly. My heart is JUMPING!

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I don't usually care for round brilliants with a pave band setting as it seems everyone I know has one. But this one...this one is different. It is PHENOMENAL. You did an amazing job. The stone and the setting are just stunning. And a bit different. Gorgeous. And Congrats!!!

easy20

Rough_Rock
minmin001|1305843536|2926021 said:

Of course! that's why i posted...so that I can maybe help someone the way this community helped me. The setting was $1900 for platinum. It is much daintier in person than the picture projects. The band is SUPER thin. I'm sorry i do not have the measurements, but it's definitely thinner than most I've looked at. The total carat wt on the band is 0.26.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I do feel bad for not posting my own pictures. I will do it 1)after I propose and 2) get my hands on a decent camera(i only have a cell phone to take pictures with :oops: )

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
easy20|1305859289|2926237 said:

Of course! that's why i posted...so that I can maybe help someone the way this community helped me. The setting was $1900 for platinum. It is much daintier in person than the picture projects. The band is SUPER thin. I'm sorry i do not have the measurements, but it's definitely thinner than most I've looked at. The total carat wt on the band is 0.26.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I do feel bad for not posting my own pictures. I will do it 1)after I propose and 2) get my hands on a decent camera(i only have a cell phone to take pictures with :oops: )

oh wow. it's so much cheaper than I thought! I'm calling GOG tomorrow!!! Thank you for the post!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: just stunning!!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
That ring is drop dead gorgeous! Great job and good luck on the proposal. I look forward to seeing pics!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
That's the best ring I've seen in 4 years of reading this site. I would love to see it in person but please post a picture or two when you get it.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Cachette :))

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, just Wow :twirl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! That setting is gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1305859942|2926243 said:
easy20|1305859289|2926237 said:

oh wow. it's so much cheaper than I thought! I'm calling GOG tomorrow!!! Thank you for the post!

Minmin, Pearlman's jewelers also carries Beverly K in case you want to comparison shop. Be sure at both places to tell them you are from PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results