shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank God for this Site!!! Newbie needs Advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hboy

Rough_Rock
One moment please.... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
9.gif
9.gif

THANK YOU FOR THIS SITE!!

I was doing a quick search to confirm my directions to Mississauga’s Spence Diamonds when I came up with a discussion from this form. That was 4 hours ago!

I read over the tutorials and read some posts. And NO, I''m not going to be going to Spence!
2.gif

I''m looking for some advice... Here''s my situation...
love.gif

I''m 22, recently graduated and looking to purpose to my girlfriend of 4 years this summer. I live just South of Toronto, Ontario and now need to find a good reliable place to by an engagement ring. Did I mention I JUST graduated? So funds are a bit low but her expectations are HIGH... typical
2.gif

I know what she wants: A 3 Stone ring on 18K Yellow Gold.
She left the size up to me (and my budget). I don’t know what a ''typical'' three stone ring''s size will be but I was thinking of a .7 - .8crt center with .2 - .3crt pears on each side....

After reading the tutorials I decided on:
Colour: G-H
Clarity: SI-VS
Cut: BIC

Let me know what I''m missing....

I was considering a drive to the States to buy the ring, assuming the price is right and the $$ saved from taxes is more than worth the drive. If there is anyone in the Southern Ontario area that wants to recommend a place of purchase, I''m listening!

Once again, THANKS!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hboy, welcome
1.gif

-----
I live just South of Toronto, Ontario and now need to find a good reliable place to by an engagement ring.
-----
Try search this board for "Toronto".

You also can arrange a diamond to be shipped to Buffalo or Eerie if you buy from the states. US$ is getting lower now
1.gif

canadianice

Rough_Rock
I had terrific success so far with Martin at USA Certed Diamonds (Thornhill, Ontario) and through him, with Barry of SuperbCert.

Also, Jonathan of Good Old Gold is a fan favourite on this site, and deservedly so (he's on Long Island, NY so a bit of a trek, but they ship anywhere too).

Have fun and good luck... and good call not going to buy at Spence, although I would recommend that you check out local jewellers and upscale boutiques to get a sense of the exorbitant prices and general quality that is out there.

Check out Bloor St. between Avenue Rd. and Bay St. in Toronto for Birks, Tiffany, and Cartier -- then realize how much money you can save by doing a little bit of leg work!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Don't forget whiteflash.com... They have beautiful H&A diamonds!
Also, currently there's another thread that talks about Canadian taxes... About 25%!!! Yikes
angryfire.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
cry.gif
!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results