shape
carat
color
clarity

Testing diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I was just reading an old thread where CutNut gave some tips for testing diamonds (breathing on them, touching w/lip or tongue). With so many fakes out there now, what is the best way to tell? Chemically, electronically,...?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
P.S. - "Megan's Magic Wand" Diamond Tester....what the hell is this??!! (just found on eBay):confused:

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, not sure if I tread on sacred ground here, or what. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Thought I asked a valid question.:halo:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No - no offense's taken or felt :)

Never heard of Megans wand???

There is no diamond tester that works for all users. They all require additional tests that require spcific training and some experiance.

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
When you take a diamond to have it appraised, is part of the appraisal determining whether or not it's a real diamond? I've always been paranoid about paying for a diamond but getting a cubic zirc. I doubt I could tell the difference.
:errrr:

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Well I wouldn't want to be one of those appraisers! Ouch!

I have always been able to tell the difference between a dimaond and a cz, but have never seen any of the other "imposters".

Is it safe to say that "fakes" don't have visible inclusions? :read:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results