shape
carat
color
clarity

test

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
colorchange904.jpg”

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When you open a new drop-down to post, take note of the "Attach File" button at upper left. Mash it and follow the instructions as to where it can find the image. Be sure to hit the "Upload" button at lower right.

The only tricky thing is that you must do this before writing your post.

You''ve posted some nice garnet links so far. Pretty stones.

Richard M.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock

4 museum quality color change gemstones. The strength of color change is quite strong.

Color change gems show a strong color shift when viewed in daylight vs incandescent light (tungsten filament light bulb).
In this picture, a fluorescent light (simulating daylight) is on the top and an incandescent light is on the bottom. The daylight colors are “cool” (blue, greens) and the incandescent colors are “warm” (yellows, oranges, and reds).

This picture is a bit difficult, because I'm not trying to illuminate all facets evenly with one color of diffused light. I'm using two somewhat narrow angle light sources at the same time. The peridot (daylight) green of the tourmaline is weak in the photo, it is stronger and purer green to the eye.

The left gem is a diaspore (locality Turkey), the middle two are identical matched tourmalines (cut from the same crystal, locality Taita Hills, Kenya), and right gem is a sapphire (locality Tanzania),

colorc.jpg

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Richard. Your instructions allowed me to get my picture to show.

The garnet pictures I posted earlier don''t really show their true beauty. The pictures were old, shot on slide film. Digital makes it so much easier now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results