shape
carat
color
clarity

Tesla Diamonds?

pilotlight

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of an insurance replacement :( Still waiting to hear back from USAA, but I started doing diamond research and came across Tesla Diamonds - has anyone heard of them or used them? The prices seem low compared to GOG/BN/etc. Would be interested to get some feedback!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think what you are seeing is "Enhanced" stones...that would give you the price difference.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamond Grading Scale: All of our diamonds are graded off of the IGL/IGA SCALE (Unless specified differently.) This does not mean each diamond will come with an IGL or IGA certificate but that this is the scale on which we grade our diamonds. We DO NOT grade our diamonds off the GIA SCALE as they are much more conservative and much higher in cost.

Ah, WHAT? :o

The diamond is not more expensive because somebody called it a D instead of a H. It is more expensive because it is whiter. They ARE using the GIA SCALE because the ARE calling their stones D through H. Their just admitting that they're not honest.

They are fracture filled. Fracture filling is a mixed bag--some people are very happy with theirs--but most legit jewelers will not sell them and pretty much no one will buy them used. If you can find a good seller who guarantees them, knows how to set them, and will repair or replace if necessary, you can consider buying them.

http://www.tesladiamonds.com/clarity-enhanced.html

pilotlight

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Very helpful information and exactly why I come to this forum...

Razz

Rough_Rock
First time I'm hearing about Tesla diamonds too, but from reading this thread they don't really seem like something that I might consider. Fractures, repairs... who needs all that stress. I think I'm better off sticking with what I know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results