shape
carat
color
clarity

Terroist Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babeskidoodle

Rough_Rock
Sad to see this story on CNN today about terroists using diamonds to move/hide money. I wonder if bin-laden :devil: has his own HCA calulator :confused:

lacina

Shiny_Rock
This is not a funny subject We have been informed directy from Clean Diamond Act in NY by DeBeers to make sure that all diamonds are comming from reputable sources stakeholders and members of the trade. According to DeBeers statistics 1% of world trade in diamonds can be possibly linked to terorists.
Before you buy check the seller! Make sure he is legitimate business and member of trade! No worries then! My personal feeling and opinion is that none of the 1% can be possibly found in US or Canada,... I think the problem is in Europe where Diamond retail prices are higher,...
Also theese diamond would appear on secondary markets and in the retail stores, not likely at wholesale levels.

George
GLE Gem Imports

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lacina and babeskidoodle,

I sincerely hope the industry clamps down
and finally puts an end to this injustice,
once and for all.

Kirk

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just saw the James Bond movie.

He made mince meat out of the conflict diamond traders :)

But seriously this is a serious problem and I am happy now that the UN Kimberely process is finally inplace. Bad people will always use gold, oil, drugs and precious stones to transfer wealth and we can only deplore that things of great beauty could be used for evil purposes.

But then money too can be used for good and for evil. That does not make money bad.

Sapphire

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I found this interesting article in the Toronto Star yesterday related to this subject, if anyone is interested in reading it click below.

Regards,

Sapphire

[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results