shape
carat
color
clarity

Terrified, looking for some help!

gom712

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, and I’m shopping for an engagement ring. Terrified of this whole proposing thing (never proposed before), and I could use some help. I have done some research, and I am looking for lab grown, 3+ carat round diamond, Ideal cut, VVS2, E with a budget of around $3500.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all, and God Bless.

EDIT: Should I bring down the VVS2?

Last edited:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Can drop down to VS1 in most cases and not see any difference. This would be an exception: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG602383601/video/500/500

Assuming a round start with a search like this:

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
Hey Gom!

Very exciting time :D I'm in the same boat but my ring is on the way!

Firstly I would want to confirm that your other half is ok with a Lab diamond. For ethical reasons I/my GF wouldn't touch a Natural, at any price, if I wasn't absolutely sure where it came from. Other people don't care or view lab diamonds as fake and hate the idea of anything other than natural.

Second I would want to confirm if she has a maximum size diamond or if bigger is better. My gf didn't want anything over 1.5ct as it seemed to be out of proportion to her finger/hand size.

Then if she has a specific size personally I would get the best cut possible then reduce the other C's to match the budget. If she is a bigger is better type of gal you could even lower the other C's to get a bigger stone. There are heaps of "eye clean" stones at even VS2 and lower but every stone needs to be looked at beyond what it says on the report.

I Hope I've given you food for thought and not just confused you more, you're definitely in the right place though , good luck!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with 0-0-0 on dropping down to VS1.

How about this diamond?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Find out her minimum clarity, color, size (diameter rather than carat weight).

I personally want high color and a certain size (diameter). I can flex on clarity, eg if lower clarity but eye clean. VS1 is fine.

But others might feel differently, make sure you know HER preferences for a lifetime diamond.

Cut is imperative for a lifetime stone. Get Pricescope prosumer advice/checks before purchasing. Run your numbers through the Pricescope HCA. I see you are getting good advice on cut above.

gom712

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help. I learned a lot here, and did my research, but you all gave me a great starting point. My Diamond is on the way, and getting the ring custom made.

Thank you all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results