shape
carat
color
clarity

Terms and Condtions of Contract with Custom Ring Maker

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

What conditions and terms would you ask for in a custom ring design contract?

Does anyone have a blank contract form for this purpose?

Thanks to all,
MWG

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
MWG, I haven''t encountered doing this with a custom designer. I suspect most designers, esp. the very sought-after ones, would not consent to working under those conditions. I know that it can be a very harrowing process for consumers to go through, to trust that someone will capture your idea perfectly, but frequently we don''t know what we want in a ring exactly, so how can we expect to hold a designer to that imprecise ideal?

I think that what often works the best is to have a very clear idea of what you want the ring to look like, drawing on photos of other rings and your own sketches. The designer will tell you if the proposed project is feasible or not (i.e. if they are able to build it structurally) and sometimes they''ll have suggestions that will help you see your project in a new light to create a truly unique and special look.

You can also search the threads for some accounts of PSers'' custom jobs from start to finish.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is really difficult to tie an artistic process into a completely documented written agreement. I won''t say it can''t be done, but for jewelry craftsment, it is something rarely done. If you are local to your jeweler of choice, you can have input during the process. If the jeweler is distant, then you don''t get nearly as much input opportunity.

Some of the finest work I have ever seen has been made for people at great distances from their maker of choice. Some of the worst work has been made in spite of locale and intensive customer input. It is a matter of the quality of the craftsman and their personal integrity to their work and to your design that count the most.

Contracts don''t necessarily lead to well made jewelry. I truly would suggest a close working relationship with a known fine quality craftsman is better than a written agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results