shape
carat
color
clarity

TENSION SETTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Is it worth carrying Tension Settings in Canada?

Do you guys think there is a great demand for them? Please do not forget Canadians are very conservative people. However, this might be a perfect niche.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
I think it would be worth considering tension rings - if Canadians are as conservative as you say it might be good to look at the Gelin-Abaci line, for they seem to have more styles that are close to "mainstream"...

Neissing is very contemporary, and Kretchmer is a little bigger and bolder (I think?) - but Gelin-Abaci has a few that resemble traditional rings.

I am getting their TR145 - it is like a standard ring, with the channel set diamonds on each side, but has the tension set diamond so that it's unique.

I like to think of it as "traditional with a twist"
1.gif
At first I was worried because tension settings are very contemporary, but then realized that if I didn't get it I would end up with a solitaire with channel set diamonds, and I'd feel ordinary.

You could order a brochure from the tension manufacturers that you are considering, and ask people their opinions.

But I think the style is amazing, and might be what people in your neighborhood are looking for!

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I know Gelin & Abaci very well. I will ask them to send us some info on their line. I just hate the fact that we have to send the diamonds to CA for setting and then send back (all the paper work needed for customs)

rockshock

Rough_Rock
I found tension settings on the internet and showed them to my gf. We also found a couple in various jewellery stores in the GTA. She fell in love with them because they were beautiful, but different. She liked the idea of something that was unlike what you could normally find.

So, I ordered a diamond from USACerted, and then found a local jeweller in Mississauga to work with us and create the setting. (What I liked is that he turned us away from making it more expensive, saying that it would not add any value to the ring by adding channel diamonds or by spending more on 18K white gold when 14K would be better.)

My gf loves the ring and loves to show how you can see through the setting from the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results