shape
carat
color
clarity

tension settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xsscx

Rough_Rock
Can you have a tension setting with 3 diamonds? If so does anyone know where I can find one?

kaosinla

Rough_Rock
Do you mean three seperate gaps or inlayed???

xsscx

Rough_Rock
Either types or both combined. I would prefer seperate gaps though. I just want to know if it possible? Thank you.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi xsscx,

I don't believe it is possible to have an authentic
tension setting with three gaps, unless the outer two of those three gaps were to have bridges underneath them.

But this may not provide sufficient support for the center stone, which would hang in the balance.

kirk

Arte

Rough_Rock
That you Yanni? Arte

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
I have seen this one (which I was really close to getting as an e-ring), but I do not really sure it is a true 'tension' setting.

Just a thought.

Source: www.cooldiamonds.com
love.gif

0_12_2_l.jpg

MEGHANHOPE

Rough_Rock
I received a beautiful engagement ring with 3 diamonds that are, I believe, tension-set (I definitely know that the center stone is). The ring is platinum and from Verragio. I have gotten so many compliments on the ring, and it is the prettiest ring I have ever seen. I have heard that to have the "safest" tension setting, platinum is required.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
I know of two true tensions sets with 3 stones. Both are in titanium. One from Titanium Commitment and the other from Boonerings.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/8/2004 3:46:14 PM boonerings wrote:

I know of two true tensions sets with 3 stones. Both are in titanium. One from Titanium Commitment and the other from Boonerings.

----------------

I knew the model at TC for a while (LINK) but how does the Boone one look like?

Tension mountings in traditional metals routinely come with sidestones (LINK) but "three stones" (with the side stones larger than an afterthought) I have yet to see.
rolleyes.gif

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
It is a thick flat band with three small stones simulatneously held in tension. http://www.boonerings.com/htmpages/tristone.htm It needs a lot of metal to get it stiff enough to be able work. In theory, all three stones shouldn't share the load. There's a lot of measuring and careful cutting of each slot for its particular stone. The trick is to make the middle one where it could not escape even if it is held with less tension than the others. Making one with 3 different sized stones or one big and two smaller stones like the wraparound ring in the picture above would be very difficult to do as a tension set. The helical nature of that style doesn't allow as much tension as if it were straight on. The alignment is a lot more difficult as well because the ring takes on a different helix angle as it is opened to set the stones. I would suspect that there are bridges holding the small stones in place. They would also align the ring for the larger stone, which would be held similarly to a tension set.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That TC looks really clunky from the side. I would think you'd need a lot of metal to get a 3 stone look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results