shape
carat
color
clarity

Tension set diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LonghornH

Rough_Rock
I am in the market for a tension set ring and have heard there are 2 manufacturers that create quality tension set rings. Any recommendations/advice?

Ceillie

Rough_Rock
See the earlier topic
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-tension-settings-shine-shimmer-more.2379/

I love my Gelin & Abaci.

They have a nice online catalog of settings at
http://www.mickeyroof.com/mr_gai01.html

Good luck in your search.

Ceillie

tarazan33

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am really interested in gelin & abaci, I love their tension sets, especially TR-143, the white gold/platinum and rose gold prongs. Does anyone have any idea where I can get the best price. Thanks, Tara
love.gif
appl.gif

tarazan33

Rough_Rock
Try gelin & abaci, they have beautiful settings. Some are even posted on ebay. If you do a search in google or another engine, many hits will come up. Mickey roof does have a great selection. Hope this helps, Tara
9.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Hi LonghornH -

MickeyRoof.com has the best prices that I could find for Gelin-Abaci tension rings, and their customer service is amazing!

Their list prices were equivilant to my local store but there is a 15% discount if you are outside of NY.

My FH is getting the TR107 and I'm looking at either the TR145 or a modified TR045...

I wouldn't recommend E-Bay for a ring like this - the tension rings cannot be resized so you would want to be sure that you are getting exactly the right size, also I would be hesitant to trust a tension ring that didn't ship from the jeweler to me (who knows what has been done to it that might damage the structural integrity)

Besides Gelin-Abaci there are also tension rings by Steven Kretchmer? - which tend to be heavier and more expensive then Gelin-Abaci, and a company in Germany? called Neissing.

Those are the three companies I would trust with a tension setting, I would be wary of going with another company since it's a precarious issue if not done correctly and these three companies have a great track record.

I also read somewhere that it's harder to insure a ring manufactured by someone other then the people listed above - I dunno if it's true, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results