shape
carat
color
clarity

tension ring maker+ jewelry shops

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nexcar

Rough_Rock
I am looking at (Gaylan and Ibachi) as well as Steven Kretchmer tension rings.What are your opinions on the 2. I heard that Kretchmer has 2 patents on the design and the process of tension settings. I'm not sure if GAI rings have any patents, but they are roughly $500 cheaper. I would like to know their reputation and quality in the industry.I'm looking to put a .85 ct, H, AGS Ideal, VS2. But I was mezmorized by an AGS000, F, .80 diamond.
The jeweler said that F and higher produce a faint blue glow in sunlight and that anything lower will not produce that effect. Is that true?I live in California and a mom/pop jewelry store sell the Kretchmer and a semi-chain (Robbins Brothers) sells the GAI rings. Do I buy from a larger chain (RB) a lifetime warranty (even for tensions!) or do I go for the hosh-posh mom-n-pop store (who have higher quality stock). I'm worried about either company disappearing in a couple years, and that is why I was wondering what you nice people think.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
>>The jeweler said that F and higher produce a faint blue glow in sunlight and that anything lower will not produce that effect. Is that true?<<I have never heard this about F and higher. It is sometimes said about fluorescent stones, but that is not an absolute either.I defer to the experts, but I don't think the statement is true.The Rodentman

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is the true statement
smile.gif
"I have never heard this about F and higher. It is sometimes said about fluorescent stones, but that is not an absolute either."Great answer Rodentman.------------------
StevL Dems Jewelers Eightstar Diamond Tundra Diamonds

nexcar

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! I always appreciate distinguishing real magic from just "smoke-n-mirrors."What is your opinion about buying the non-Kretchmer ring at a small chain jewelry store, or buying the Kretchmer from a small mom-n-pop shop (who may go out of business)?As always, thanks in advance for the advice and knowledge.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There is no way to know if or when either of these may close their doors. I can tell you and mom and pop store will more than likely bend over backwards to make you happy today and tomorrow.The chain store will have a change of employees at some time, probably sooner than later.------------------
StevL Dems Jewelers Eightstar Diamond Tundra Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results