shape
carat
color
clarity

Tension in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good jewller how does tension settings in the UK?

Best Regards

Hopeless Perfectionist:wavey: :wavey:

Hi Cut Nut

Any idea who the firm in Germany are?

And do you know if it is possible to mount a princess diamond corner to corner in a tension setting?

Cheers

HP

:twirl:

Bingo

Rough_Rock
I think the company Cut Nut is referring to is Niessing...www.niessing.com

They have a branch in Central London, just off St. Christopher's Place. I thought their rings were stunning, although they can end up little thick if you are setting a larger diamond...unfortunately my other half has small fingers and we decided the ring would have looked too big.

Their wedding bands are also beautiful...

Good Luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/7/2002 1:44:11 PM

Does anyone know of a good jewller how does tension settings in the UK?

----------------

What exactly is a tension setting. The very nature of it has me wondering the stones stability in such setting. Is this something relatively new?

top view of the same ring, aparently this is a 1,26 carat superbcert diamond

top view2.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
hi

From an asthetic point of view this setting is extremely cool. But, I can't help but think this is not a very secure way of setting a stone.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/8/2002 8:22:29 AM

Hi F&I,

http://www.mickyroof.com/mr_gai.html

HP

:rolleyes:
----------------

Thanks - I had all but forgotten about micky roof. I used to buy Lapponia jewelry from them years ago. lost my favorite places link upgrading my computer.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/8/2002 8:46:11 AM

Supposed to be better than prongs. So say the manufacturers!:rolleyes:
----------------

How so....this defys logic.

I'm not knocking the setting. It is way COOL - very futuristic. I would imagine a smaller stone would look the best in a setting like this.

nineta

Rough_Rock
Hmmm.. I have a friend who lost her diamond on her Niessing tension setting.. she was carrying a suitcase which put pressure on the ring and gone was the stone... just for the records.

I agree...better prongs.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/8/2002 12:48:34 PM

Hmmm.. I have a friend who lost her diamond on her Niessing tension setting.. she was carrying a suitcase which put pressure on the ring and gone was the stone... just for the records.

I agree...better prongs.
----------------

I've heard of this happening to another person - fortunately they found the stone. It was a tension setting - brand unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results