shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
I am torn between getting a 6ctw BGD tennis bracelet (F/G, VS, 7in/41/.14, $12.6K) vs costco 12 (G color, VS platinum, 7.5in/ 40 stone/.3 each, 17k) . Both are in a platinum setting. Does anyone own costco 12ct TB?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The BGD stones are .14 ct each and Costco’s are .3 ct each???
Which length is better for you? You don’t want to pay for 1/2” of diamonds of excess length you don’t need.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The BGD stones are .14 ct each and Costco’s are .3 ct each???
Which length is better for you? You don’t want to pay for 1/2” of diamonds of excess length you don’t need.

I saw that too but if you do the math, I am guessing the Costco bracelet has .30 diamonds to get to 12 carats.

chere

Shiny_Rock
I saw the other Costco 12ctw bracelet in person and it was stunning. I posted a picture on the Costco thread.

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
I saw the other Costco 12ctw bracelet in person and it was stunning. I posted a picture on the Costco thread.

Thanks for posting that. I was looking everywhere for actual picture. My costco doesn't have any TB on display. This is the current listing they have. Screenshot_20240129_192304_Gallery.jpg

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I have the 6 ctw BGD bracelet you are looking at and it’s an incredible stunner. BGD uses their highest quality signature cut diamonds in their tennis bracelets. The two bracelets you are considering are different not only in size, but also in settings. The BGD bracelet is a three-prong setting, which has a different look than the Costco four-prong setting. Are you drawn to either setting more? FYI, if you decide to also consider Whiteflash, which is very similar to BGD, they no longer use their highest quality cut diamonds in their tennis bracelets. When I inquired about upgrading to those, it raised the price more than 30%.

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
I have the 6 ctw BGD bracelet you are looking at and it’s an incredible stunner. BGD uses their highest quality signature cut diamonds in their tennis bracelets. The two bracelets you are considering are different not only in size, but also in settings. The BGD bracelet is a three-prong setting, which has a different look than the Costco four-prong setting. Are you drawn to either setting more? FYI, if you decide to also consider Whiteflash, which is very similar to BGD, they no longer use their highest quality cut diamonds in their tennis bracelets. When I inquired about upgrading to those, it raised the price more than 30%.

I know 2 different settings but the 3 prong setting from BGD will make it look bigger( 41 x3.4mm in 3 prong vs. 3.2mm in 4 prong). I got quoted $13650 with platinum setting(plus 1k off for current promo so 12650). I asked for an actual picture on hand of the 6ct 3 prong but they only have 5ct available. Bgd with melee cannot be upgraded only signature BGD diamonds. I have BGD pendant in martini setting and it looks spectacular (i had to make sure it wasn't bezel so i can upgrade in the future). I am torn since you don't get to see what it looks like and custom pieces are final sale. Then you have costco TB which is a 4 prong but 30 pointer. Not ideal cut like BGD, so I don't know how much it would sparkle. Also I haven't seen it but returnable. My wrist is 5in and would need it to be 5.5-5.75 bracelet length.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I understand your concern about custom pieces. I felt the same way so I purchased mine without having it shortened which allowed me to have an inspection period. Here’s my BGD 3-prong 6 ctw (before it was shortened). I bought it last month and wear it every day. The diamonds are 14.7 pointers. I returned it to BGD to be shortened to 6.25 inches after I wore it a few days to determine the length I wanted. I incurred additional expense for return shipping and shortening it, but it allowed me to have an inspection period and decide the length. I am in awe of it every day. IMG_5390.jpeg IMG_5393.jpeg

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
I understand your concern about custom pieces. I felt the same way so I purchased mine without having it shortened which allowed me to have an inspection period. Here’s my BGD 3-prong 6 ctw (before it was shortened). I bought it last month and wear it every day. The diamonds are 14.7 pointers. I returned it to BGD to be shortened to 6.25 inches after I wore it a few days to determine the length I wanted. I incurred additional expense for return shipping and shortening it, but it allowed me to have an inspection period and decide the length. I am in awe of it every day. IMG_5390.jpeg IMG_5393.jpeg

I am leaning towards BGD now. What made you choose 3 prong over 4?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have the Costco 12ct TB, but I've got a 6ctw BGD tennis bracelet, and it's been a solid choice.

Please post pics...I would love to see it.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I am leaning towards BGD now. What made you choose 3 prong over 4?

Both are beautiful, but I feel like less metal shows on the three prong than the four prong. For the same tcw, the three prong has larger stones because there’s less of them. And the individual stones show more than on the four prong, which appears more as a line.

I had a great experience working with BGD. I have purchased from them several times. In fact, they are currently making custom jackets for my studs.

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
Both are beautiful, but I feel like less metal shows on the three prong than the four prong. For the same tcw, the three prong has larger stones because there’s less of them. And the individual stones show more than on the four prong, which appears more as a line.

I had a great experience working with BGD. I have purchased from them several times. In fact, they are currently making custom jackets for my studs.

This is the first time I will be buying a TB. Does ideal cut make a huge difference even if the diamonds are 14 pointers?

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I definitely saw a difference in the bracelets I looked at locally from my BGD bracelet, but I don’t know what their stats were.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
This is the first time I will be buying a TB. Does ideal cut make a huge difference even if the diamonds are 14 pointers?

I think yes, it makes a difference, and you could see the difference if you looked at them side-by-side. But since you won’t be constantly comparing your bracelet to another one, I think it depends on how much extra you have to pay and if you’re happy without going super ideal. Like, will you always be wondering and wishing you had just spent a little more to get “perfection”? I found that IDJ’s pricescope quality diamonds were a happy medium between Costco and a super ideal in terms of price and performance.

chere

Shiny_Rock
I highly recommend trying on bracelets at a jeweler or ordering CZ bracelets off Amazon to try. Then you can gage if you want 15 or 30 point stones. Also a 4 prong and 3 prong setting are completely different looks. It's best to see them in person.

To @mayaINaU's point, I went for best value and got a 4ctw Costco tennis bracelet for $2,500 after the sales. It was appraised as EFG, VVS-VS, Excellent cut. It sparkles like crazy. I don't think I would pay a premium for super ideal melee stones in a tennis bracelet. I would rather spend the money on size. It depends on what you value more.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This image isn’t perfect but hopefully it will give you some sense of scale:

IMG_7814.jpeg

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
I highly recommend trying on bracelets at a jeweler or ordering CZ bracelets off Amazon to try. Then you can gage if you want 15 or 30 point stones. Also a 4 prong and 3 prong setting are completely different looks. It's best to see them in person.

To @mayaINaU's point, I went for best value and got a 4ctw Costco tennis bracelet for $2,500 after the sales. It was appraised as EFG, VVS-VS, Excellent cut. It sparkles like crazy. I don't think I would pay a premium for super ideal melee stones in a tennis bracelet. I would rather spend the money on size. It depends on what you value more.

So what is more important in a TB? Size or cut?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Testers are a great idea.

Or, if you really want to be certain, you can buy both to compare side by side irl and then return one.

prettypaper01

Shiny_Rock
So what is more important in a TB? Size or cut?

Depends on the person. For me, both. I ordered different sizes on amazon (brand Pavoi) to see what weight I was comfortable with. From there I decided I really wanted ideal so considered Brian Gavin, Whiteflash (ACA) and Wink. I wanted 6-10 carat and was thrilled with the personal service I received from Wink, and was fortunate enough that I was able to get .30ct h+a diamonds within our budget. Good luck on your decision.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 3 pong tennis bracelet and it's something. Looks insane.

I see that you are trade but do you have a picture of your tennis bracelet? Would love to see it!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Depends on the person. For me, both. I ordered different sizes on amazon (brand Pavoi) to see what weight I was comfortable with. From there I decided I really wanted ideal so considered Brian Gavin, Whiteflash (ACA) and Wink. I wanted 6-10 carat and was thrilled with the personal service I received from Wink, and was fortunate enough that I was able to get .30ct h+a diamonds within our budget. Good luck on your decision.

Thank you for your kind words. It was a fun project.

Pongal713

Rough_Rock
Update: I received my Costco tennis bracelet today. The diamonds are white and with lots of sparkle. 20240206_184009.jpg

Attachments

• 20240206_185515.jpg
    20240206_185515.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240206_185304.jpg
    20240206_185304.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240206_185245.jpg
    20240206_185245.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240206_185050.jpg
    20240206_185050.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 36

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's STUNNING! I have a 5ctw bracelet from Costco and I LOVE it!

How do you feel about this one?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results