shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis bracelet with 0.5ct diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SKR

Shiny_Rock
I am interested in buying a tennis bracelet with largish diamonds - probably in the 0.4ct to 0.5ct range. Does anyone have any pictures of bracelets with diamonds of this size ?

Which vendors do you recommend for bracelets - my preference is to get ACA stones from whiteflash but my wife is not entirely happy with the designs on their website. Also do you think that I should downsize the diamonds - ie will 0.5ct look gawdy and over the top ?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks once again Ellen. The Cflutist bracelet is the stlye my wife is looking for. It's gorgeous. I hope she doesnt mind me posting her pic (apologies if you do!) but this is the one I am talking about -

TennisB.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome! And I doubt cflutist will mind someone admiring her bracelet.

Again, I would ask WF if they can do it, I bet they could/would.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure they can do it. They can either hand-make the setting or they can order almost anything. Just ask.

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Ok thanks.

Most 0.4-0.5 ct ACA''s orAGS0''s seem to come with a GIA orAGS report. Given that I dont want to end up with 30 or so reports with no idea which diamond each report applies to, wouldnt it be substantially cheaper to go for ungraded stones and trusting a good vendor such as WF to give you stones that meet your specs ? Surely if a 0.4ct stone costs say $900, a substantial portion of that would be the costof getting it graded by a lab and the associated shipping.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wink Jones made cflutists bracelet and a different diamond bangle for me. I love my bracelet!!!! Once again dealing with him for a secret project (LOL) and I love the guy. His store name is Winfield''s.

cheers--Sharon

SKR

Shiny_Rock
I will look up Wink in the new year - probably unwise to go into detail now given the upcoming holidays.

My wife already has two bangles with 20 cent diamonds but they are in a yellow gold setting. So we are thinking of one bracelet in white gold.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/22/2006 10:32:45 AM
Author: SKR
Ok thanks.

Most 0.4-0.5 ct ACA''s orAGS0''s seem to come with a GIA orAGS report. Given that I dont want to end up with 30 or so reports with no idea which diamond each report applies to, wouldnt it be substantially cheaper to go for ungraded stones and trusting a good vendor such as WF to give you stones that meet your specs ? Surely if a 0.4ct stone costs say $900, a substantial portion of that would be the costof getting it graded by a lab and the associated shipping.
You are absolutely correct. If you go for unpapered stones from a good vendor, you will get the value you want without the added expense of a paper on each stone. At a hundred or so dollars per stone you are talking a pretty fair amount for the bracelet.

Wink

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion, a bracelet with diamonds that size will look like there''s a lot of bling.. pretty rock star I think. If you have a big budget, how about downsizing the diamonds on the bracelet (even 0.20 ct each looks like a lot of bling) and put the remainder of the budget on a bigger diamond set into a pendant or ring?

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 1:46:18 PM
Author: simplysplendid
In my opinion, a bracelet with diamonds that size will look like there''s a lot of bling.. pretty rock star I think. If you have a big budget, how about downsizing the diamonds on the bracelet (even 0.20 ct each looks like a lot of bling) and put the remainder of the budget on a bigger diamond set into a pendant or ring?
It''s a good idea but shejust bought a diamond (actually 2). She likes bling me thinks !! I just dont want it to look fake.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results