shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet: To Have or Not to Have

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I'm graduating w/ my PhD in May & my husband has presented me w/ the options of a pear pendant & now possibly another gift, a tennis bracelet. Should I request another piece of diamond jewelry? Are tennis bracelets outdated for a woman in her late 20s? We are trying for a baby now, so this is a "push present" in advance lol! What are your thoughts? Should we purchase a simple, dainty, white gold tennis bracelet or just keep the pear pendant? Is less more?

Thank you ladies (& gents!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you are young and have plenty of time to get a tennis bracelet later. That may be a better idea so you can get one that you'll be happy with long term. I don't wear a tennis bracelet as often as I would a diamond pendant, so for that reason, I'd probably pick the pendant now. Congratulations on the PhD and the new baby!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think tennis bracelets are outdated for someone in their late 20s but if you are going to get pregnant, I suggested you get the bracelet AFTER the baby. During the final month of pregnancy, my wrists, fingers, ankles and feet swelled up so much I couldn't wear any of my rings, watches, or even shoes! I don't think they went back to their original sizes afterwards. Not sure if vendors will/can add links to tennis bracelets so you might find your bracelet to not fit how you like it to post-baby.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1459240780|4012456 said:
I don't think tennis bracelets are outdated for someone in their late 20s

Ditto! DH gave one to me as a wedding gift and I wear it frequently! But I think you should think about your lifestyle and what will play best in it. Do you wear bracelets? If so, will you wear the bracelet often or only for special occasions? Would you wear it with a newborn? Will you get more use out of something else? Perhaps a pair of diamond studs instead? Can't wait to see what you decide!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my tennis bracelet on a daily basis and it is one my most cherished pieces!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I wanted a tennis bracelet when I was in my 20s. I finally got one two Christmas ago in my 30s. I love it. It's classic.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi pear friend :wavey:

I'm getting a tennis bracelet, so I vote yes! :appl:

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1459266381|4012593 said:
Hi pear friend :wavey:

I'm getting a tennis bracelet, so I vote yes! :appl:

From where? Custom made? Do you all like teardrop diamond bracelets? Any thoughts? I'm eyeing this one https://www.brilliance.com/bracelets/teardrop-diamond-bracelet-white-gold and I'm torn between this one: https://www.brilliance.com/bracelets/three-prong-diamond-bracelet-white-gold-1-ctw

I'm also checking out BlueNile too...these ones:
http://www.bluenile.com/asscher-cut-diamond-bracelet-18k-white-gold_43527?elem=img&track=product
this one in particular ^^^

Ladies help! Can't you see I need validation & approval? LOL!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't say what's in style for 20-something's, but I wear a pendant and tennis bracelet 24/7 and have for a decade, including with babies!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn my tennis bracelet in about 10 years. I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing one.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine all the time. People are always commenting on it. It's 15 pointers from IDJ.

I have another from about 20 years ago, but the diamond quality is not up to my current standards and the metal work back then was huge and cumbersome. Settings are a lot simpler now, the diamonds show up much nicer.

The ONE thing I found is the most important is comfort. I found that this new one, at 6 1/2 inches, fit my wrist better, didn't roll up and down my arm, and didn't knock into things (the old was 7 inch). As a result, it's more comfortable and I wear it a LOT more than the old one.

I suggest that you get one custom sized from IDJ or at one of the other PS vendors, so it's comfortable for you, caribbean.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1459300400|4012883 said:

I see it now :) thank you for sharing!

What do you think of this bracelet?
http://www.bluenile.com/asscher-cut...hite-gold_43527?track=similarItems&elem=offer

I wonder if I should aim for different or if classic always trumps uniqueness? Thoughts?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask IDJ for a quote on a 1 ctw bracelet in the length you need, 3 prong. They use F/G eye clean melee.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a tennis bracelet which I love but sadly, hardly wear. It just doesn't fit with my current lifestyle- working and running around after 2 active boys. It's part of my collection, though and I plan to keep it! I'd vote for the pendant too.

Luckily, you have found Pricescope at the correct time, you will be able to get lots of sage advice about purchases and not make diamond buying mistakes, whatever you go for!

Well done on the PhD, fantastic achievement :appl:

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Snowdrop13|1459324308|4013010 said:
I have a tennis bracelet which I love but sadly, hardly wear. It just doesn't fit with my current lifestyle- working and running around after 2 active boys. It's part of my collection, though and I plan to keep it! I'd vote for the pendant too.

Luckily, you have found Pricescope at the correct time, you will be able to get lots of sage advice about purchases and not make diamond buying mistakes, whatever you go for!

Well done on the PhD, fantastic achievement :appl:

Thank you :)

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1459303238|4012918 said:
I would ask IDJ for a quote on a 1 ctw bracelet in the length you need, 3 prong. They use F/G eye clean melee.

Is an asscher TB too much to ask for? Most of the ones that I have seen online are chunky bracelets & very high in price :/ I'd prefer a less chunky bracelet & something more dainty....

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how much a TB of assschers will cost, but round TB 3 prong 1 ct will be very dainty.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
As a mom of three young children, a bracelet is more practical to me than a necklace. Dangly earrings, hoops, and necklaces were only worn when I was not with my babies. They are way too tempting to pull on and break chains or earlobes.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
ponder|1459473116|4013980 said:
As a mom of three young children, a bracelet is more practical to me than a necklace. Dangly earrings, hoops, and necklaces were only worn when I was not with my babies. They are way too tempting to pull on and break chains or earlobes.

Thanks, I think I will just go w/ classic round TB but instead of white gold, I will go with rose gold :love: .

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way how is the pear project coming along? Mine got scrapped because the yellow bezel made the pear too yellow for my taste.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1459476312|4014002 said:
By the way how is the pear project coming along? Mine got scrapped because the yellow bezel made the pear too yellow for my taste.

Hi Pear Friend :) It's being made right now, it's a pear bezel pendant 14k white gold. I can't wait :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC the jeweler making your pear pendant is local to you, so maybe it would be a good idea to go and try some bracelets on, and take some pictures for us! That way, you won't have any second thoughts about the style you ultimately settle on for this purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results