shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet questions (WF, BGD)

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies,

I am currently preparing to purchase a tennis bracelet from one of these two companies and just had a few more questions to iron out before making my final decision. So I know that I absolutely want super ideal diamonds in my bracelet because I received a pair of martini studs from WF last year and they are so gorgeous. We are celebrating our 10th year anniversary coming up and other than really appreciating the styling potential of tennis bracelets, I just think it's cute that we will mark this special anniversary with a "tenny bracelet". Too cheesy? Haha, my apologies, couldn't help meself there.

I am also building my white metal "wardrobe" at this time. I think I am good on the YG and would love to start slowly collecting platinum pieces now. I just love the cool austere vibe that this metal gives off. I know that WF and BGD's default metal setting is 14k white gold so I wanted to get some input on that – For those of you with similar bracelets, what made you decide between 14k white or platinum. And for those of you who opted for platinum, how much more did you end up paying for this custom setting? I would love to wear this bracelet stacked so will one metal be better than the other for styling this way?

Regarding WG, I worry that with consistent wear, it will discolor over time and knowing myself, warm hues in what is supposed to be white metal will start to bother me. But on the other hand, I have heard WG is more durable and appropriate for a tennis bracelet and that platinum shows wear more. Thoughts? I am leaning toward a 5 ctw 3-prong bracelet. There is about a $300 price difference between WF and BGD with the latter being the better deal. But I love WF's policies and have had an amazing experience with them in the past. Which would you choose?

Thank you, all!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WF, no question about it. Consistently, they’ve been my vendor of choice over the years.

I have an ER, tennis & DBTY bracelets, earrings, and eternity bands from WF, & have always gone platinum primarily because I prefer it, & second, I didn’t want the hassle of maintaining a crisp looking WG. The ‘wear’ with platinum is not really visible in a setting, ie a tennis bracelet. I certainly see a patina on my 5mm platinum band, but not on my other pieces.

I love all the services WF offers, plus they are just a great company to do business with.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have had a good purchasing history with WF, I would go with them for the bracelet. I tried on a five carat one when I visited WF and it was beautiful!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I have no issue with WG. My tennis bracelet is WG. However, if you've enjoyed the WF pieces than you will most likely be happiest with the super ideal and if that's your choice do platinum its less expensive than gold right now.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I was recently gifted a platinum tennis bracelet from BG. About the same size you’re looking at. It’s bezel set, not the 3-prong, but the sparkle and fire from these stones is awesome. I would definitely second the choice for superior cuts for tennis bracelets. I just want to underline the difference in heft in selecting platinum. Much more than with rings, the platinum bracelet is noticeably heavier than the WG versions. It feels more like a watch rather than just a bracelet, and that weight does leave little indentations on my skin of the back of the links. I don’t mind it at all, its just part of wearing this lovely. It might be that it’s not so noticeable with the prong setting, but I think it’s something for you to be aware of.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
I was recently gifted a platinum tennis bracelet from BG. About the same size you’re looking at. It’s bezel set, not the 3-prong, but the sparkle and fire from these stones is awesome. I would definitely second the choice for superior cuts for tennis bracelets. I just want to underline the difference in heft in selecting platinum. Much more than with rings, the platinum bracelet is noticeably heavier than the WG versions. It feels more like a watch rather than just a bracelet, and that weight does leave little indentations on my skin of the back of the links. I don’t mind it at all, its just part of wearing this lovely. It might be that it’s not so noticeable with the prong setting, but I think it’s something for you to be aware of.

This is very helpful and I will definitely take what you've said into consideration. Maybe it's not about the properties of the metals in and of themselves but ultimately which of two I would enjoy wearing. I may pop into a store to try a WG version and a PT version before making my decision.

Decided to go with WF as well. = )

Thank you all so much for your input!!

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very helpful and I will definitely take what you've said into consideration. Maybe it's not about the properties of the metals in and of themselves but ultimately which of two I would enjoy wearing. I may pop into a store to try a WG version and a PT version before making my decision.

Decided to go with WF as well. = )

Thank you all so much for your input!!

Fabulous - please come back and share tons of pictures with us! The five carat ACA bracelet goes on and off my list - would love great pictures. I tried it on at WF a few years back and neglected to take pictures - how could i?!?!?!? Lol!

Wanted to share this thread with you from @Elysian - she posted so many good pictures of the WF 5 carat ACA bracelet in it!

Last edited:

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous - please come back and share tons of pictures with us! The five carat ACA bracelet goes on and off my list - would love great pictures. I tried it on at WF a few years back and neglected to take pictures - how could i?!?!?!? Lol!

Wanted to share this thread with you from @Elysian - she posted so many good pictures of the WF 5 carat ACA bracelet in it!

Wowww. Thank you for sharing this thread! Just when I thought I've combed through all of the tennis bracelet posts in this forum, you've found the HG!! :D Her photos are absolutely gorgeous. I was going back and forth between a 3-prong and a 4-prong (not the x-prong) setting but now I think I am firmly decided on the 3-prong because after viewing her well-lit photos, I think this setting really allows the diamonds to shine.

And yes, I shall return to share photos when I have my bracelet in hand. I appreciate everyone's help so much!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowww. Thank you for sharing this thread! Just when I thought I've combed through all of the tennis bracelet posts in this forum, you've found the HG!! :D Her photos are absolutely gorgeous. I was going back and forth between a 3-prong and a 4-prong (not the x-prong) setting but now I think I am firmly decided on the 3-prong because after viewing her well-lit photos, I think this setting really allows the diamonds to shine.

And yes, I shall return to share photos when I have my bracelet in hand. I appreciate everyone's help so much!!

I always go back to her thread when I want that tennis bracelet fix! Glad you enjoyed it too. I love the three stone setting as it doesn’t ‘square’ off the diamonds to my eyes.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Picked up my bracelet today. :-o:shock::o

Ended up going with a local family-owned jewelry store that specializes in ideal cut diamonds (they source their diamonds from a very well-regarded manufacturer of ideal cut diamonds) because I liked the setting that they offered – a rounded 4-prong setting set a little farther apart from the de facto "line" bracelet so as to let each individual beauty breathe and sparkle in its own right.

It is in 14k white gold with 3.25mm diamonds, about 12-13 pointers each, DEF VS Ideal cut diamonds. And to me, it feels huge!! One can see it from across the room. It's a light show!!

I was very close with going through WF but unfortunately was not able to get a good feel for their 4-prong setting through the stock photos and the 3-prong looked just a bit discontinuous for my taste. (I couldn't shake that I preferred the rounded 4-prong aesthetic more.)

My local jeweler was able to price the bracelet quite competitively and comparatively with WF. Plus, they offer annual re-plating + cleanings and a generous warranty. I also like to support local businesses when I can and they were so kind as to let me try on a bracelet in-store that they had just completed for a client that had similar specs to what I was looking for. It was a warm and pleasant experience from beginning to end.

Although, I do have to say that out of the three online retailers of high performance diamonds (WF, BGD, HPD), WF had the best prices and the most thorough and comprehensive no-pressure customer service experience. I was impressed.

Anyhoooo, here she is!! I had mine shortened because I prefer a closer fit. It is about 5.60 ctw.

20210925_140625.jpg

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
oh, please disregard the indentations on my wrist from the underside of the bracelet, haha. I was testing various ways of wearing it, including pushing it up on my arm.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! Just curious as to what length you selected? So glad you found ‘the one’!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! The bracelet is just under 6.5".

Having a five carat bracelet shortened can of course affect the carat weight but yours is over even at the shortened length. I like that! It really looks beautiful on you!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Having a five carat bracelet shortened can of course affect the carat weight but yours is over even at the shortened length. I like that! It really looks beautiful on you!

Thank you!! Me too! I really appreciated that my jeweler was able to make this for me with 13 pointers, which is the size of diamond between the two sizes I was looking at; 11 pointers and 15 pointers. I found that the .11 diamonds are most used for 5 ctw bracelets and .15 diamonds are used for 6 ctw bracelets at the default length of 7" with the 3-prong setting.

Part of me knew that I needed a shorter tennis bracelet but I very much wanted a bracelet over 5 ctw but not necessarily over 6 ctw since I'm a shortie hehe. I am glad that it worked out this way. I highly recommend to others who are deciding between sizes of diamonds to explore perhaps requesting the inbetween size!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks gorgeous! Love the size! Congrats !

lindaw09

Rough_Rock
Picked up my bracelet today. :-o:shock::o

Ended up going with a local family-owned jewelry store that specializes in ideal cut diamonds (they source their diamonds from a very well-regarded manufacturer of ideal cut diamonds) because I liked the setting that they offered – a rounded 4-prong setting set a little farther apart from the de facto "line" bracelet so as to let each individual beauty breathe and sparkle in its own right.

It is in 14k white gold with 3.25mm diamonds, about 12-13 pointers each, DEF VS Ideal cut diamonds. And to me, it feels huge!! One can see it from across the room. It's a light show!!

I was very close with going through WF but unfortunately was not able to get a good feel for their 4-prong setting through the stock photos and the 3-prong looked just a bit discontinuous for my taste. (I couldn't shake that I preferred the rounded 4-prong aesthetic more.)

My local jeweler was able to price the bracelet quite competitively and comparatively with WF. Plus, they offer annual re-plating + cleanings and a generous warranty. I also like to support local businesses when I can and they were so kind as to let me try on a bracelet in-store that they had just completed for a client that had similar specs to what I was looking for. It was a warm and pleasant experience from beginning to end.

Although, I do have to say that out of the three online retailers of high performance diamonds (WF, BGD, HPD), WF had the best prices and the most thorough and comprehensive no-pressure customer service experience. I was impressed.

Anyhoooo, here she is!! I had mine shortened because I prefer a closer fit. It is about 5.60 ctw.

20210925_140625.jpg

Would you be comfortable with sharing which jeweler you used? I’m looking for a rounded 4 prong tennis bracelet and am very picky with settings. Yours looks like exactly what I want!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies,

I am currently preparing to purchase a tennis bracelet from one of these two companies and just had a few more questions to iron out before making my final decision. So I know that I absolutely want super ideal diamonds in my bracelet because I received a pair of martini studs from WF last year and they are so gorgeous. We are celebrating our 10th year anniversary coming up and other than really appreciating the styling potential of tennis bracelets, I just think it's cute that we will mark this special anniversary with a "tenny bracelet". Too cheesy? Haha, my apologies, couldn't help meself there.

I am also building my white metal "wardrobe" at this time. I think I am good on the YG and would love to start slowly collecting platinum pieces now. I just love the cool austere vibe that this metal gives off. I know that WF and BGD's default metal setting is 14k white gold so I wanted to get some input on that – For those of you with similar bracelets, what made you decide between 14k white or platinum. And for those of you who opted for platinum, how much more did you end up paying for this custom setting? I would love to wear this bracelet stacked so will one metal be better than the other for styling this way?

Regarding WG, I worry that with consistent wear, it will discolor over time and knowing myself, warm hues in what is supposed to be white metal will start to bother me. But on the other hand, I have heard WG is more durable and appropriate for a tennis bracelet and that platinum shows wear more. Thoughts? I am leaning toward a 5 ctw 3-prong bracelet. There is about a $300 price difference between WF and BGD with the latter being the better deal. But I love WF's policies and have had an amazing experience with them in the past. Which would you choose?

Thank you, all!!

I have done business with both so I can't say one over the other, but if all aspects are the same, go with the lower price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results