shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet - James Allen or other

butters88

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

So I am looking to get my bride to be a tennis bracelet as a wedding gift.

James Allen currently have the 25% off sale so 2ctw, FGVS in 14k yellow gold, is about $3,000 AUD.

A local jeweller (where I got the engagement ring) has quoted me $2,600 for a 1ctw, FGSI in 14k yellow gold.

Keen to hear peoples thoughts on James Allen products, specifically the tennis bracelets. I'm leaning towards the James Allen product but want to make sure I am on the right track.

Cheers

amoline

Shiny_Rock
James Allen has good quality. My opinion: It's not top of the line, but it's almost undoubtedly better than what you would get from a randomly picked local B&M jeweler.

There are other online vendors too like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin Diamonds, etc. who also do set jewelry like this. I just took a look at the Whiteflash website and they also have a 2ctw tennis bracelet but it's $3300 USD when paying by wire. Just for sake of comparison - Whiteflash uses the most ideal cut diamonds, so their pieces are very sparkly, but as you can see it's not cheap to go that route.

The quote from your local jeweler is, in my opinion, quite high.

Do you know that 2ctw is the approximate size that your bride-to-be would like? I understand there are going to be budget considerations, but make sure that you're spending hard earned money on something she'll actually wear regularly.

Overall, I think if that's your budget, the James Allen bracelet would look very nice.

butters88

Rough_Rock
The local jeweller has advised that they can do 2CTW for $3,300 to the same spec as James Allen. I assume they are an affiliate of James Allen, and I will get the same product, but with a little less tax payable.

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
I recommend sending an email to IDjewlery to see what they have in stock! I purchased a tennis bracelet from them that I am VERY happy with :razz:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DW, a loyal Costco shopper, just mentioned they are having an online only sale of a 2.0ctw I/VS2 tennis bracelet for $1,700. I checked and they also have a 3.0ctw for $2,700. I know DW would take larger diamonds over a couple of color grades any day of the week! LINK

butters88

Rough_Rock
sorry I am Australia based....

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How much will import duties cost you if you use a US vendor?

jepr

Rough_Rock
Check ID Jewelry. I got my 2.50ctw tennis bracelet from them!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a quick look at Blue Nile, which can often be a good choice if you’re not in the US. Prices don’t look any better than JA and the diamonds in their bracelets are less good (I, I1).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results